1,210 Reviews
 (1,014)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Honey EVER!
Published on November 16, 2009 by Charity Hall

1.0 out of 5 stars A Bad Batch
Published 10 months ago by A. Roberts

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Honey EVER!, November 16, 2009
It is exactly as promised on the label. It is raw, unfiltered, unprocessed, completely pure organic honey in the form nature intended. So fresh and smooth, it has a wonderfully delicious flavor that puts the typical processed honeys lining the store shelves to absolute shame. First off, you will notice that THIS honey is NOT a clear amber color like processed honeys are, and that is because all this ones nutrients, minerals, and all the bee propolis, traces of pollen, and bee jelly are all still intact (which is a GOOD thing) because they have not been filtered out. It is not runny, because it has not been heated (or the live enzymes would have been killed, like in processed honeys)so it is not going to be drippy. Yet, it is not too hard either. It is easily scoopable, smooth, and sooo very creamy. Easily spreadable for toast. If you DO want it runny for whatever reasons, the best way (and easiest) is to simply scoop out what you want into a small bowl and place the bowl into hot water that was heated on the stove (so its hot enough). The honey will quickly melt down into a soft liquid pool without losing the nutrients, enzymes and so forth. The health benefits this type of honey has to offer you is the very reason why Raw Honey like this are actually so affordable in the long run. Because this one has all the things nature created in it still intact, it is like a Health boosting Powerhouse! Very antiviral/antibacterial, honeys like this will boost your immune system and help fight off any viruses or bacteria that is making you sick, which is the very reason I started buying Raw honeys in the first place. But this one is by far the best I have ever tasted. The size of the container is great too for the price. I went to a local grocery store and found Raw honey simular to this in only a 4 ounce jar for $7 whole dollars! Now THAT is spendy. But this one, being a 22 ounce container is only a few bucks more. It definately pays to shop online! The only thing I wish was different was that it came in a Glass jar and not a plastic one, as there is evidence that the chemicals in plastics can be absorbed into the food its carrying. Otherwise, simply amazing honey. I really can't get enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Health Honey - Raw Unprocessed, March 7, 2009
The very best Organic honey on the market. Can't find this product in many grocery stores. Excellent with tea and fighting any upper resperitory infections.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the BEST honey EVER!, August 10, 2009
I cannot imagine a situation where someone who ordered this would be disappointed. A boring review, but a true one. What can I say? The texture is lovely, the TASTE is extraordinary and the price is right. You really can't go wrong with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars This honey LOWERS my blood sugar!, May 15, 2010
This honey amazes me! I have had high blood sugar readings the past three years and have been dealing with them through diet, rather than taking prescriptions/insulin shots. I thought I had to live with the low 100's for fasting, but to my amazement, when taking a teaspoon or two (or even a bit more) of this honey, my blood sugar DROPS to below 100--consistently, any time of day or night. And, it's not as if I am having a sugar spike and then a plunge. I've monitored it at the 15 minute range, half-hour, hour, and two hour. It's almost eerie, because it runs against what we've always been taught--sugar in any form will increase your blood sugar values. Sadly, I believed that, and have missed out for years on a wonderful product that could have been helping me all along.

I have been used to having my bs reading around 160 after certain meals--all the way up to and over 200 at times, depending upon the level of starch or carbohydrate I had eaten. Since taking this honey, I haven't seen a reading over 150. Of course, I only use it directly out of the jar. I wonder if heating it would alter the benefits. Luckily, it tastes delightful just as it is...rich, smooth, and yet not sickeningly sweet. Very satisfying.

Perhaps it's just my system it has this effect on, but I will be trying it out on other family members immediately. It's still hard for me to believe it myself, though. I keep thinking it's a fluke and keep testing the theory, but it appears legitimate. WOW! THANKS YS for making such a wonderful product--already have an order in for the next jar. I keep hearing that old Mary Poppin's tune..."Just a spoon full of sugar makes the medicine go down"...who knew the sugar WAS the medicine?

So, I would highly recommend this product to anyone who is struggling to maintain healthy blood sugar levels. It's easy enough to see if it works for you or not. If it does, I would love to hear about it! Or even if it doesn't. It's all interesting...

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!!!!!!!!, October 26, 2010
I have never been a huge Honey lover but after hearing about the benefits of honey paired with Apple Cider Vinegar and Cayenne pepper for sore throat issues I decided to shell out on some various brands. This is BY FAR the best honey I have had. In fact, it's SO good that I actually find myself randomly scooping out spoonfuls of it during the day as a little treat to fulfill my sweet-tooth. It's delicious! SUPER sweet and rich! I adore this Honey. I am so happy that my local Vitamin Shoppe carries this too. Very, very helpful and low priced for 22 ounces of honey. I was buying grocery store brands at 5.99 a pop for half the amount of honey and NOT raw or pure like this is! This is AMAZING stuff. Not runny or drippy...more creamy and thick. Reminds me of Maple Butter/Cream, which is common here in Ohio.

This honey has been extremely helpful in keeping my chronic tonsilitis under control. I get really, really painful, white coated tonsils almost monthly (I was supposed to have them out ages ago and always put it off!) and this hot and tangy recipe that I stumbled across has been AMAZING in curing my painful sore throats. Have to warn you that it's HOT (there is pepper involved) and you would have to be OK with that fact before trying it out...

Two tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar (With the mother), a glass of water (as much or less as you want), two shakes of cayenne pepper (yep, the stuff you would get at your local grocery store for a buck!) and a tablespoon of YS Royal Jelly Raw Honey. Mix all the ingredients together and gargle/swallow the mixture. You HAVE to gargle for as long as you can but swallow it too. Also, it is best to coat your lips in vaseline or a thick chapstick to ease the heat of the pepper granules.

This blend is awesome for a sore throat!!! The honey is a natural antiseptic and has soooooo many incredible benefits as far as aiding the bodies natural immunities. I will swear by this mix forever more! I actually mix it up every few days and down it to keep myself feeling healthy. :)

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this Honey!!!! I can't believe I am raving about honey...but, it's just that good! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Raw Honey, July 5, 2008
Pat S. (Central Coast, CA) - See all my reviews
I am very satisfied with this delicious, creamy honey. It is getting harder to find any raw, organic honey at a reasonable price. Y.S. Organic Bee Farms deserves recognition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what it says it is, and excellent for what it is - raw honey, June 24, 2012
Way too many people are giving this item a bad review because they're confused about the label and because Amazon posted the title incorrectly.

This is very good honey, raw, plain and simple. Great if you don't need certified organic honey. But apparently due to the way it's posted here and a few misconceptions by honey virgins, more needs to be said....

It is NOT ORGANIC and it does not claim to be. Organic is simply part of the manufacturer's name. Just like Dunkin Donuts - If you buy a cup of coffee with the name Dunkin Donuts on it would you expect there to be a donut floating in your coffee? Of course not. Yes, it can be confusing, but should you rate it lower because you're confused. Of course not. If you want organic, with ANY food, you must buy food with the USDA organic seal. This doesn't have that seal. The company has explained, to others, that this product is from organic bees but to save money they don't have it certified as organic, thus giving consumers the chance to buy good raw honey cheaper. It is also in a plastic jar instead of glass (their certified organic honey is in a glass jar). All this to save consumers money and give them a choice, but no, some people just freak out because they're confused. Geeze!!

Raw honey can be very hard, almost like wax. That's normal. Just warm it up a little, no biggie, no reason to give it a low star rating if it's hard.

It is NOT ROYAL JELLY and it does not claim to be. YS Royal Jelly/Honey Bee is listed by Amazon as the name of the company - INCORRECTLY POSTED BY AMAZON I should add. The manufacturer has nothing to do with those words being posted. It is an Amazon.com mistake in product title description, nothing more. No place in the product description or on the product label does Y.S. claim this product to be royal jelly honey.

5.0 out of 5 stars The TASTE alone did it for me... the nutritional value is the BONUS!!, August 1, 2013
I never thought I would be "giddy" about honey... but now that I tasted the REAL stuff again from long, long ago..., I will NEVER eat regular "honey" again (by choice)... WOW... one taste and I knew it was the real deal... I'm 49 and haven't tasted honey like this since I was a kid... and this tasted JUST like the stuff when I was a kid...it took me right back to that timeframe! Why? Because they didn't destroy our honey back then with pesticides and unpollinated crap... yet... My husband said the exact same thing and he agrees we are done with store bought honey (well, except for the good ones!)
I HIGHLY recommend this honey... a tad pricey, but if you actually look at the benefits of this over the junk purchased in stores (most isn't even pollinated!!), it is more than worth it.

Go back to the honey of long ago, before GMO, before they started poisoning our "food"... you will NOT regret it.

My 13 year old daughter will not eat anything else either - smart kid.

AMAZING sugar substitute...and no sugar crash...

Of note: If you can, you should always buy locally... I know this isn't a "plus" for the review of this particular product, but it isn't a "minus" either...I have nothing but GREAT things to say about this honey!! I say this because the bees gather the honey from local plants which we are environmentally already accustomed to... when we eat honey from other regions, it has the potential to produce some allergic reaction (but only if you are allergic to the ingredient in the first place)... your body is already adjusted to your current environment, so local buying is best... but if you do not have that ability - buy this!

Getting off my Honey Soapbox now :) I hope you found this review to be helpful. Please ALWAYS read the nutrition label of all food products! Marketers are tricky and deceptive... this one is NOT! :)

1.0 out of 5 stars A Bad Batch, February 5, 2014
A. Roberts "Luvto Read'nEat" (Newberg, Oregon United States) - See all my reviews
I just had to return the last batch of this product to the seller. It had a very hard film across the top which was nearly impossible to remove, and tasted almost gritty and inedible to me. Beneath it was the good honey, but it was hard as a rock. Something has happened to the quality with which it is produced, and it makes me sad. I had two orders last year, and gave two jars as gifts -- there was nothing wrong with them. This was my favorite honey over the past few years but I won't be ordering it again. I am going with a local honey produced in Washignton State, instead --- "Silverbow Honey".

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what it says... important, December 4, 2011
Please, don't take my words as I'm not an expert. Do your own research.

1) I got a piece of sugar inside my bottle. No it wasn't a honey crystal. It tells me that sugar and water are added to this honey.

2)Nowhere on the bottle it says "ROYAL HONEY JELLY" It only says in the title. Why?

3) On the bottle, it doesn't claim it is 100% "honey only" product.

4)On the bottle, it doesn't claim it is organic but the company has "organic" as a part of their name. Not sure about you but it was misleading for me at first.

5) It does not list INGREDIENTS on the bottle.

6)There is no Web Site address or a phone number on the bottle. I had to Google it.

7) It doesn't have a strong honey flavor. Not sure about the color either.

Is this pure 100% honey or mixed with water and sugar? Is this Royal Honey Jelly or just a regular honey? Only the manufacturer can answer these questions.

Manufacturer Info.
Y.S. Organic Been Farm - 1-800-654-4593.

Y.S. Eco Bee Farms Raw Honey - 22 oz Pack of 3