Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on January 27, 2014
Received as a birthday gift around the holidays and I have used it every day ever since.

I am a bit of a techno-phile. I've been using computers since the days of parachute pants and the mullet. I have both Windows and Linux computers and have fully embraced the Android OS. I still cannot bring myself to spend the money required to own Apple products, so I cannot and will not compare this to an iPad.

What a handy device it really is! It's wifi ready, has a headphone jack, a mini-HDMI output, and it can be charged with either a supplied A/C charger or a micro-USB charger. Its 7” screen size keeps the whole thing manageable but much bigger than a phone screen. I think it’s an excellent balance of size and convenience. My wife can keep it in her pocketbook without feeling weighted down or feeling like it has taken over her bag. If I had to, I could keep it in the front pocket of a pair of slacks (not jeans, though).

Even a newbie Android user should be able to figure out how to use this tablet. Follow the instructions to fully charge the batteries before using without the plug. But I started working on it right away with the device plugged in. The Settings screen is accessible through the bottom of the screen and the apps list button on the home screen. Through Settings you can get to the wifi settings where you log in to your local network. I was on the internet in less than a couple of minutes. After a quick download through the Play store, all my favorite apps including IMDB, Accuweather, Firefox and more were immediately available. It also loaded my favorite games including 7 Little Words, Angry Birds and Texas Hold’em. To add a recent picture I took as my wallpaper, I loaded QuickPic to organize my pictures and Tonido to access all my favorite files from my home computer.

I asked for this tablet as a gift to provide two tasks, both of which it handles very well.

The first is to give me internet access - mostly IMDB - while I'm watching TV with the Queen. The wife and I love to watch TV and movies and we are always wondering where we've seen that actor/actress before. It works very well for just about any online access you will need. I’ve even used it in the kitchen to try a new recipe for banana bread.

The other task was to have an easily portable tablet available for when the Queen and I are running errands or on a road trip. I've installed the 'hot-spot' option on my cell phone so when we're out and about, we can easily log into the internet via wifi while driving or shopping. Our previous tools for that were either our cell phones (not as easy to see) or our laptops (too big and clunky for the car). This tablet provides the perfect balance.

Some downsides to the Y88 are the battery life and the availability of apps. My favorite weather app is WeatherBug which is not available for this tablet. Not sure if it’s the tablet or WeatherBug that’s at fault here, but I found a reasonable solution with Accuweather. There were a few other apps that I looked into loading and they were not available, but I’ve also found viable workarounds. The battery issue is not unusual for tablets, so no major complaint here. I’ve dug up some eBay sourced micro-USB chargers from around the house and have plugged them in where I sit with my tablet around the house and just operate ‘wired’ as necessary. Not that big a deal. We do the same in the car until we need to go wireless. Simple.

Overall, this tablet met all my expectations. Hope it does the same for you!
on December 26, 2013
My kids each received one for Christmas from their grandparents. Complete and total ripoff. The screens are awful. Once you get past looking at something that looks like a bad 3D view, you are welcomed to your own personal hell by network issues. It connected to my network no problem, but, only in appearance. It took 20 minutes to load cnn.com, and poorly at that. It constantly dropped connectivity and showed network "out of range" even when feet from the router. As a very tech savvy person I tried everything. Reset routers and modems, forgot connections and reset, even full factory reset. Same story each time on both tablets. Their customer service basically does not exist and I am returning. DO NOT BUY THIS TABLET UNLESS IT IS FOR YOUR WORST ENEMY...even then it's a pretty cruel thing to do. I can't get back the 10 hours I dedicated to this piece of junk, let this be a cautionary tale.
66 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 15, 2013
I really like this tablet. I didn't give it 5 stars because the speaker is not loud enough. You have to use earphones with it if you want to use it. I don't listen to music on it, so its not a big deal for me. Its a good tablet for a good price.
on February 21, 2014
Xmas present for Son. 1st one just wouldn't work with our router. So I sent it back, and they said the Wi-Fi was working but when I insisted it wasn't they kindly sent another. Same problem with the 2nd, except I then realized it worked fine with my neighbors Wi-Fi & then the coffee shop's too! So I changed the frequency channel on my router & low & behold, the tablet picked it up just fine! So I think the problem was my router the whole time.
Anyway, it works great (as you can expect for a $100 tablet). And Kudos to TabletExpress for their prompt customer service, & no argument return, even though the 1st tablet was fine!
on April 11, 2014
Not a good product read the reviews an it was positive reviews so I thought I would by one. The thing crashes. Can't play clash of clans. All its really good for is youtube but even then the speaker is low quality.
on December 12, 2013
The second day i had it the screen just went blank on me. Like clear white i could hear stuff but it just went blank. so now i'm trying to figure out how to fix it our get it replaced i'm so MAD.
on March 25, 2014
I ordered this tablet in December as a Christmas gift for my daughter. Upon arrival, the tablet charged and powered on. However, after the initial charge wore down, we were unable to charge it again. After several attempts at contacting the seller, I escalated to the amazon a to z guarantee. The seller then informed me that they would send me a return shipping label to return the defective tablet and receive a replacement. I never received the label, or even an address. I again contacted amazon, who then informed me that the seller wouldn't replace the item because the defective product hadn't been returned (this is despite the fact that I had no address to return it to, even at my own expense). I have since replaced the item with an XO tablet (which I would recommend to anyone looking for a tablet for their child). DO NOT PURCHASE THIS ITEM.
on March 11, 2014
I bought three of these tablets (pink, purple and blue) for my kids for Christmas. My son's screen broke within 3 days. Granted, he probably threw it or something, but he's played with my Kindle Fire for over a year without damaging it in any way. Within another couple of weeks, the power button on the pink one got stuck and the tablet cannot be turned on at all. We thought maybe she had done something wrong because she is young. But like my son, she has played with my Kindle for some time without ever causing any damage. Within a month after that, the purple one did the same thing. This happening made it clear to me that the product is the problem. My oldest child is 8 and knows how to handle and take care of tablets. She has been playing with my Kindle since I bought it 2 or 3 years ago. So now I have three useless tablets that I paid almost $80 a piece for. I am also giving 1 star for customer service. We contacted Amazon about returning the tablets (pink and purple only because we aren't 100% sure that our son didn't do the damage). They authorized a return for one, but not the other claiming it was out of the 30 day return period. Well, duh. Of course it is. We bought these for Christmas presents and did not wait until the last minute to buy so 30 days pretty much passed before my kids laid hands on the things. Frankly, if you're going to sell crap, you should be prepared to refund money for crap. I don't want to replace crap with more crap. I want my money back so I can buy something worth my money. I will never buy from this seller again. I do not recommend purchasing this tablet or anything else from Tablet Express.
on February 26, 2015
Got several of these in their different colors for 3 tween/teen kids for Christmas. I didn't want to spend much on tablets for kids ranging from 9 to 13 years old figuring they would succumb to an accident of some sort of negligence within a year, but these tablets were so shoddy they fell apart way before a kid could break them! The things that went wrong with these are legion. Not one of the three I bought survived past 2 months. From buttons falling out (!?) to the digitizer failing after about 10 hours of use, I can't say I'm very happy. I didn't expect much for the price I paid, but these tablets failed to meet my already low expectations. I know when you combine kids with electronics what's bound to happen, but I'm telling you no adult could have taken better care of those tablets and each one fried, died or just plain fell apart! I wish I could say the kids just didn't treat them right and broke them, but that's just not true.

Nothing like getting what you asked Santa for to then have it crumble in your hands. One of the kids wrote a letter of complaint to Santa. The other two gave their input while he wrote it, I think they would have written letters of complaint as well but feared retaliation from Santa ( I mean, look what he does when you're on the NICE list from their perspective). I've never felt so bad about being frugal with my purchases before, I would happily have paid more if I had known they were so cheaply made. I mean, I knew they were cheap, but I failed to realize just how cheap. If tablets had a counterpart to disposable cameras, these would be it.

I spent a couple hundred bucks to give 3 children the gift of extraordinary disappointment for Christmas. Thanks Dragon Touch!
on May 6, 2014
I had purchased a pink one for my granddaughter for Christmas but, unfortunately, it had some factory defects in it. At the same time, I bought this one for myself. I loved mine. My granddaughter loved hers as well and had learned how to use hers even with the defects. She loved it so much, I notified Amazon about getting a new one for her and they advised they couldn't replace it but would send me a refund. So my granddaughter wouldn't be disappointed, I gave her mine and took the refund and just ordered another one for myself. She is still quite happy with the one I gave her. She takes pictures, plays games and access the internet to use email, etc. It still works perfectly and she loves everything about it. I would definitely recommend this to anyone. It is inexpensive but is perfect for accessing the internet and playing games. Pictures even come out good. I can't wait until I get my new one.