YAY! Jak and Daxter collection!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 30 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 1, 2012 4:09:31 PM PST
chickens says:
Jak and Daxter is awesome. I still have them all for PS2. (= Who else is excited to play these again? or maybe for the first time? Plus maybe a possiblity for Jak 4?

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 1:59:42 PM PST
I don't see why people call it "Jak 4". Sure, you can consider Jak X and The Lost Frontier spin-off games, but I don't think the next game will even have a title. That said, I plan to trade in the original games just to get this trilogy. It should help revitalize my love for the series.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2012 6:40:55 PM PST
chickens says:
Well, I don't know what to call it so I just call it "Jak 4".

Posted on Jan 5, 2012 9:36:13 AM PST
Kendra Smith says:
If it were titled anything, it would be Jak 4. Jak X is definitely a spin-off and The Lost Frontier was a psuedo spinoff by a third party developer for a portable system. It's still canon, but not one of the "main" games, so to speak. Consider, as examples, the God of War and Kingdom Hearts series for example. Both had canon portable games between main games, so The Lost Frontier is basically like Jak and Daxter's game in that sense.

As for the main topic, though, I'm absolutely psyched. I've been waiting for this since the God of War Collection was announced. I love my J&D games, especially the first. What's more, I never fully finished the third since my PS2 basically crapped out on me, so this is gonna be an awesome chance to finally finish the game.

Posted on Jan 5, 2012 2:29:51 PM PST
Yes, Jak & Daxter collection will be great. But I really want a Ratchet & Clank HD collection for Ratchet & Clank, Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal. Those titles were phenominal.

Posted on Jan 9, 2012 10:26:50 PM PST
R. Searcy says:
I'm really looking forward to this. I never got to play these games on the ps2 (Just as I never played Sly or many other games) so I'm really lovin these HD collections.

Posted on Jan 11, 2012 9:10:01 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 11, 2012 9:10:14 PM PST
The Sly Cooper games really had visuals that were delightful in the HD collection.

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 5:55:53 AM PST
Fidel Amaya says:
For $39.99 its a bargain. You get 3 Games! Cant wait.

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 12:21:30 PM PST
saskamazon says:
looking fwd. to it ! we have the PSP games, & the Sly Collection, so this will be a fantastic additional compilation .... great price too. we'll be picking this up for sure.

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 7:54:48 PM PST
It would be nice if we could get release date shipping on this awesome collection. :3

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2012 12:02:00 AM PST
Abrahim Ali says:
why? your only gonna get a couple of bucks heck your lucky if u get a dollar. Just keep em

Posted on Jan 15, 2012 8:57:29 PM PST
Where did these rumors about a fourth game come from?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2012 9:18:25 AM PST
chickens says:
In lots of other PS3 collections after releasing the collection, they make another game in the series.(God of War, Sly) It's mostly just hoping.

Posted on Jan 16, 2012 5:23:10 PM PST
Which HD collections did you find the best? I'd say the following:

Ico/SotC Collection
Sly Cooper Collection
Tomb Raider Trilogy

Posted on Jan 17, 2012 7:51:02 PM PST
Rigalo says:
I'm getting this, never having played the games sans for renting the second one once. I'm stoked. Now I just need R&C Collection (LOVE that series more than life itself) and I'm set on these HD collections for the near future.

Posted on Jan 18, 2012 4:05:28 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 18, 2012 4:06:06 PM PST
As excited as I am for this collection on metacritic there's a listing saying its also available for the vita. As much as Id like to play these on my PS3 I'd also like to take them on the road. I'm gonna hold off on this right now till I hear more.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/jak-and-daxter-collection

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2012 10:48:27 AM PST
J. Lau says:
I, too, would love a Ratchet collection.

Not having had a PS2 and thus the opportunity to play the Jak and Dexter games, I'm very interested in this collection simply for the opportunity to play some much-beloved games.

Posted on Jan 20, 2012 8:36:26 PM PST
I agree a Ratchet and Clank Collection would be awesome.

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 9:34:48 AM PST
phoenix says:
Well after Jack 3 they had a complete game about racing called JACK X COMBAT RACING which had online play so while the HD remake covers the main story they should put combat racing in as well with new online play,yes RATCHET NEEDS a HD collection i just hope the early games get the dual analog treatment that was in the latter games. In certain cases controls need updating as well as graphics,sound and adding trophy's.

Beyond good and evil HD is a great example of controls in need of polish because either you walk /look the same way but spin the wrong way
in first person mode or the inverse looking around is fine in f.p.m but you spin wrong when walking....strangers wrath HD has the same problem,controls are out of date and should be updated....i'd have no problem if there was a play like it was 200x mode but the default mode should be with modern control advances.

Posted on Jan 22, 2012 12:01:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 22, 2012 12:01:44 PM PST
Anyone else saddened that this collection doesn't look like enough effort was put into it? It has sud-HD resolution and a serious lack of anti-aliasing. Both Sly and Ico/SoTC sung on the PS3 because Sanzaru and Bluepoint put a lot of effort into the remasters. The Jak & Daxter Collection is done by an entirely different studio.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2012 7:54:37 AM PST
Jak says:
Where are you seeing sub-HD resolution?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2012 10:09:49 AM PST
Look at videos or screenshots. It's not crystal clear like prior HD collections.

Posted on Jan 27, 2012 4:01:56 PM PST
Pre-ordered. This is a classic NOT to be missed!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2012 5:27:39 PM PST
we can! i just did!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 28, 2012 9:09:14 AM PST
Jak says:
"Look at videos or screenshots. It's not crystal clear like prior HD collections."

I don't think that is a valid way of determining the resolution. For all you know, they could be resized screen shots or screen shots of old code. It says 720p on the box, and all of the gameplay videos I've seen look crystal clear.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  22
Total posts:  30
Initial post:  Jan 1, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Jak & Daxter Collection - Playstation 3
Jak & Daxter Collection - Playstation 3 by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (252)