Customer Discussions > Sailor Moon 1 forum

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 64 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 5, 2011 7:50:39 PM PDT
YAYAY they are bring back sailor moon!!!! this was the very first manga I read and I loved it !!!! and it is back!! I can not wait to get this whyyyyyy does it have to be in September why not now!!!! Thank you Kodansha Comics you guy are awesome!!!!

Posted on Apr 7, 2011 5:50:02 PM PDT
I finished collecting all of the Mixx editions four years ago. It makes me excited to see that Kodansha is re-releasing these, because as much as I enjoyed the originals, I can't help but expect to see a better quality of book. I especially would like to see the use of Naoko Tackeuchi's original names, and the Japanese manga format.

Posted on Apr 14, 2011 8:59:27 PM PDT
Is it September yet!!!!

Posted on Apr 20, 2011 3:21:25 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 20, 2011 3:23:32 AM PDT
Gorgeousaur says:
I'm not generally a fan of shojo manga, but I do tend to enjoy the ones that blend a little bit of shonen style into their work, like Keiko Takamiya and Rumiko Takahashi, and I wish there were English editions of Ryoko Ikeda's work Rose of Versailles. But I'm glad that I'll get a chance to sample Sailor Moon. It's been a shame that it languished under Tokyopop for so long. "Hey, we have this popular manga that helped create our reputation! Now let's cast it aside and not reprint it any more." Yeesh.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2011 12:23:20 PM PDT
They lost the rights to it, it wasn't a choice for them.

Posted on Apr 22, 2011 10:51:30 PM PDT
ChibiNeko says:
Not only did they lose the rights to it, but (from what I remember) Takeuchi & Kodansha were pretty ticked off by what Mixx/Tokyopop did with the series so talk between the two companies were pretty tense during that time. One of the big rumors during that era was that Takeuchi had put her foot down saying that she didn't want the manga released state-side again. That was the rumor, anyway. Not sure how much of that is true, but I do remember hearing that NT was pretty upset at the liberties TP was taking with her series so odds are she just didn't want TP getting their mitts on it again, not that I blame her.

Posted on Apr 27, 2011 1:42:29 AM PDT
Liberty J says:
OMG OMG OMG OMG! I remember when I was younger and wished I could afford the Manga's when they were in the stores. And as I got older I would constantly go in to get some but I could find none. My heart was shattered when I realized that the Manga was no long being published in the US. Sailor Moon was the FIRST Anime I ever saw and I always regretted NEVER reading the Manga. The fact that this is coming out I'm just sooooooo excited now. I cant wait tell September!

Posted on Apr 27, 2011 5:38:04 PM PDT
i can't wait! eeeeek! i'm so excited!

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2011 7:21:10 PM PDT
Same for me! (Except for the fact that I didn't even know what Manga was until my last couple years of high school, when some friends of mine told me about it.) But I used to watch the show when it was on TV, and now that the Manga series is being re-released, I would LOVE to finally read it!!!

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2011 8:41:18 PM PDT
SpicyWolf says:
YEAH! The same thing happened to me! I went to B&N all the time years back and then BAM! there weren't there anymore! Luckily I completed my collection by scouring eBay. I am happy you now get to enjoy the series!

Posted on Jun 14, 2011 4:26:35 AM PDT
Gabriel says:
is this the same Sailor Moon that we all know and love being re-released after years of waiting but couldn't have from TokyoPop because it went out of print?
who is the publisher?

Posted on Jun 14, 2011 4:50:00 AM PDT
Gabriel says:
and when do we get to see the cover design?

Posted on Jun 19, 2011 6:11:33 PM PDT
BramblePie22 says:
My beloved manga is back! ^__^ I can finally complete and replace my collection WITHOUT being stabbed by the prices. People were wanting $20 + for a book that originally cost (here in the US) $12 and change. The ones I have are from Mixx/TokyoPop...they might end up being collector's editions now. lol. But I can't wait to buy them. The prices so far look very reasonable, but I will wait to see what shipping does to it. Though it's more understandable should they be coming from overseas.

Once again..... ^____________________________^ to my manga coming home!

Posted on Jun 29, 2011 9:10:45 AM PDT
I've watched all 5 seasons of sailor moon 3 times. Finally! something new and sailor moon related! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!

Posted on Jun 29, 2011 9:00:47 PM PDT
L. Baxter says:
Very, very excited. ◕‿◕

Posted on Jul 5, 2011 1:16:23 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 5, 2011 1:18:37 PM PDT
Gwenn Cosmis says:
I'm looking forward to the Sailor V manga too. I have all the sailor moon manga in pretty good condition. I wonder if the anime will be rereleased because of this? I sure don't want to pay $200 for one season!

Posted on Jul 5, 2011 6:22:10 PM PDT
http://i.imgur.com/JTpQg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/yR7FN.jpg

Look at the nice ads this manga has.

I'm really excited for this manga... I want it to be successful in the market... every real Moonie does. The fact that they condensed this manga series to 12 books instead of 18 is better financially for me.

And, I compared the 2011 Italian version of this manga to the old 90s English Mixx version... and it looks like they redrew the lines and recolored it and everything! They really fixed up mistakes that were in the comic. I'm very happy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2011 9:44:00 AM PDT
Ari-Chan says:
This re-release is being based on the re-release that was done in Japan in the early 2000's which I think was for an anniversary of the series.
The anime license is held by a different company. Toei was looking for someone to pick up the US license about a year ago, but I never heard of any takers

Posted on Jul 7, 2011 2:06:18 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 7, 2011 2:07:28 PM PDT
ACS says:
Umm, why does it say Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon on the cover?

Pretty Guardian refers to the live action series
It should say Pretty Solider Sailor Moon.

Posted on Jul 7, 2011 5:19:05 PM PDT
If they follow the Japanese re-release (which it looks like they are doing just based on the first cover) there will be 14 books total, 12 covering the 5 story arcs and 2 of all the short stories.

And the Japanese covers say "Pretty Guardian Sailormoon" in English above the Japanese text which is probably why the English covers say that.

I love these covers! I bought the entire set when I was a student in Tokyo in 2006. Same with the two Sailor V books. I'm so excited to see them being re-released here!

Posted on Jul 10, 2011 6:26:09 AM PDT
Smeehan says:
ahhh this comes out on my birthday! i am a HUGE sailor moon fan i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Jul 14, 2011 11:13:17 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 14, 2011 11:14:47 AM PDT
ACS says:
Does anyone know which volumes cover each arc?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2011 8:58:40 PM PDT
Silver Lynx says:
I thought there were 18 tankubon/18 volumes and 5 story arcs. They're combining volumes?

I have like 3-4 of the former Mixx/Tokyopop version, and I used to have vol.1-5 of the manga in Japanese. But I loan to someone the first three volumes to translate for me and they swore they got it back to me and never did. I even went as far as getting the transcalation of the manga on CD thru ebay. But I think I would like to get these new re-published version since it should have more accurate translation w/o leaving out things. Would love to hold these mangas in my hands. I'd definitely would buy it from amazon if the prices remain the same or reasonable.

Posted on Jul 14, 2011 9:01:37 PM PDT
Silver Lynx says:
I read somewhere that Naoko Takeuchi is married to the mangaka of Hunter X Hunter and they have a son together. I hope after all these years they're still happy together.

Anyway...I can't wait to get my hands on all of them. Will definitely collect them.

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 8:20:27 AM PDT
Jasmine says:
I had some of the volumes of this series, but I am very happy to see this is being re-printed! ^-^ Can wait for it to come out!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Sailor Moon 1 forum
Participants:  40
Total posts:  64
Initial post:  Apr 5, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 2, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 12 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Sailor Moon 1
Sailor Moon 1 by Naoko Takeuchi (Paperback - September 13, 2011)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (133)