5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!
I am an elementary school orchestra teacher, and I use these for ALL of my beginning violin and viola students! It helps them to set the proper bow grip from the beginning!
Published on January 15, 2012 by A. Pearl

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for Small Hands
Published on December 20, 2011 by vancalicocat

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, January 15, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked Great, November 26, 2010
This review is from: Pinkinest
Item worked great for us. My daughter (5) was having a hard time placing her pinky correctly, this corrected that quickly and now she doesn't even need to use the pinkinest and holds her bow correctly.

5.0 out of 5 stars A boon to violin newbies, August 5, 2013
CraigC "Craig" (Walnut Creek, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pinkinest
I'm very new to the 'fiddle', and having this little device there to remind me on the bow, is a great help.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great help, little price., August 21, 2011
This review is from: Pinkinest
This is a great way to help keep that pinkie where it should be while playing violin. It is very inexpensive and a great help to learning proper pinkie placement.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for Small Hands, December 20, 2011
vancalicocat (in the middle of corn field) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pinkinest
The Pinkinest could be a great assistant for student who can not get the pinky to curb. However, I prefer the old fashioned bunion-band, especially for the children. The well of the Pinkinest is a lot deeper than the bunion-band's, probably even for adults, unless you have very long fingers. Therefore, a use of the Pinkinest can creates too far of an separation between the 3rd finger and pinky, and can feel very uncomfortable. The Pinkinest also sits perfectly vertical above the Frog which may restricts the natural curb of your bow hold, and can affect your play negatively.

If you are very new to learning how to hold the bow, or wish to correct the flat pinky, the Bow Hold Buddy will probably work better. Although, it is a lot heavier than the Pinkinest (which was the very reason I bought the Pinkinest) the Bow Hold Buddy will put each finger in a correct position, regardless to the size of your hand (because of their two, separate parts) and, the well has the shape to fit the pinky in a slight angle, as the pinky will naturally land on top of the Frog. You can also use only the pinky piece, if you choose. The weight of it probably won't bother the new beginners, since you will be taking them off later. If the weight is an issue, I would stick to the old fashion bunion-band and the hair-tie (that has two plastic balls on each ends) for an appropriate space between the fingers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pinky Nest Works, August 21, 2013
This review is from: Pinkinest
Slips into place with ease. Has a very comfortable fit and does not get in the way. Kids don't mind it on their bow.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant!, June 17, 2013
This review is from: Pinkinest
I purchased one of these for my daughter who is starting violin at 7 years old. She is having trouble with her bow hold, this was an inexpensive product that would get her pinky to stay put, so I bought one. It didn't fit on the bow immediately... I was a little concerned that it was too small... but the material was able to stretch over the bow with some pressure (and is now warped that way... seems to be permanently bigger, so I'd advise against widening it too much or using a tool to widen it). But now that it's on, it fits and works! She hasn't quite gotten the hang of keeping her pinky inside the nest bit, but she's only used it once. HOWEVER!!!!! The genius of this product clicked in my brain and I snatched it from her bow and stuck it on my viola bow. I have been playing for about 4 months and instantly fell into an easy comfortable bow hold. Dang... such a difference from simply keeping your pinky in the right spot! I'm keeping my daughter's pinkinest (now that it's a bit stretched out for her bow after being on mine) and just ordered her a new one.

UPDATE!! I used the pinkinest on my viola bow for a couple of months, pulled it off to see how I would do without it and what do you know? I've developed a good bow hold! No more need for pinky nest and no more sliding around pinky finger. I've played without it for probably 8 months now. My daughter (2nd grade) has also had good luck with it. If you find it too high for the little fingers (although it's fine on hers... she has long fingers though) it is made of soft material... you could cut off some of the height easily enough. She has had a good hold with it from the start.

5.0 out of 5 stars great tool, February 21, 2014
This review is from: Pinkinest
This helped me get my hand placement on my bow and kept everything straight im happy that I used it and my violin teacher said it helped. If your having trouble keeping it straight or not sure this is sure to help. I am an adult student and it worked well.

1.0 out of 5 stars This isn't useful, February 3, 2014
This review is from: Pinkinest
I thought this might be useful, but I found out that it really isn't. It doesn't fit my bow well, and honestly, it's just not a very useful thing to keep the pinky where it should be. It came as expected, and I suppose the price was fair, but I really wouldn't recommend wasting the money on it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too big for small hands, decided not to use it on 3rd and 4th graders., December 6, 2013
This review is from: Pinkinest
For 3rd and 4th graders it is just too big and high up. The hand ends up tense to get the pinky in the right place.

Pinkinest
Pinkinest by YM
$7.95 $5.25
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.