Customer Discussions > Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 forum

YSFE 2012: Is there a way to exercise non-stop for 45 mins?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 23, 2011 12:04:51 PM PST
vgogte1 says:
I feel cheated by the way the adverstisement of YSFE 2012 shows how user can select various options under "Total Body Fitness" at once and then he is good to go!! Nothing like that exists in the 2012 version. One has to keep going back and select another workout, go to submenu, then select once again which is followed by time taken to 'load' the activity. I am tired and sick of navigating most of the time during my workout. I wish there was a customizable playlist that could help me select bunch of exercises that would load one after automatically. YSFE is just a collection of mini-games(whatever name one gives to it-activity/workout/class...)

Posted on Nov 24, 2011 7:12:01 PM PST
plyopowerd says:
I'm wondering the same thing. In Exerbeat and Golds Gym Dance Workout, you can string together segments to make your own continuous workout. I was hoping this was possible under "Objective" but it only seems to flag segments.

Posted on Jan 10, 2012 7:00:42 PM PST
Gwen says:
Has there been any update to the game since November last year? I just started playing and am also frustrated at the lack of direction. I'm worried it will be hard to motivate myself to complete difficult workouts if the game's "Objectives" feature only cares about time spent playing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2012 9:02:00 AM PST
J. Manley says:
PLease please if anyone figures out how to do this, let us know. It is my biggest complaint about these types of games. Too much stopping!

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 1:30:53 PM PST
rapbeats says:
you dont need to work out non stop for 45 mins. unless you're running a marathon. i dont think they have that feature on here. anything else. you are working your entire body with most of these excercises. even when they are focusing in on one part of your body. this means in order to not have muscle fatigue which would increase the chance of injury. you do need to stop for a moment before starting the next thing. the only thing i think i've seen for more then 30mins straight is one of the yoga or zen classes. everything else is 30 mins tops i think. and thats enough. then if you want to continue. pick something else thats 30mins.

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 2:32:02 PM PST
MD says:
This is the main issue I had with the previous version. I ended up just going back to my treadmill.

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 10:50:28 PM PST
This version seems terrible for someone looking for a continuous and sustained cardio workout. I agree with OP that it's just a collection of mini-games. While I give 2012 2 stars, I give the original version 3 stars because you can go through the 'personal trainer' section and get a fairly continuous workout (as long as you don't want to pick your level etc.). This one had routines for 5, 10, 15, 20 mins. etc., but there was no explanation on how to do any of the exercises or a way to ramp up the speed or something.

It also seems like they dialed down the calorie counter. Would you feel great after a 5 minute routine burning *4 calories*?! And then you get to smash the calories like it's some freaking great achievement! You can burn more calories sitting on the couch eating potato chips! After 20 minutes of doing their silly games I think it said I burned 30 calories total. Funny how on the previous version a 20 minute workout on 'advanced' would burn 120 calories.

I want to do the exercises on the Kinect for about 20 minutes, but I need to be in a cardio zone for those 20 minutes, maintaining a heart rate of 134-153 throughout. This program simply struggles to do that.

I'm frusterated with both versions but I'm going back to the original until a better exercise program comes out. This was extremely dissapointing.

Posted on Feb 19, 2012 11:25:35 AM PST
Gwen says:
Lots of the dance classes (purple section) have multiple workouts that break down the moves and gradually increase speed/length of workout. The rest of the activities are definitely 'sink or swim', and you just have to match the trainer and keep up as best you can the first few times.

It looks like there are some more difficult 30+ min workouts for most things in the orange/red category (sports preparation and glutes come to mind). I haven't tried these personally but it might be closer to what what we're all looking for.

Finally, if anyone is interested in a non-stop workout game I highly suggest EA Active 2. Pick a program (3 or 9 week) and the trainer will give you 20-35+ different moves for each workout. Shorter workouts are 15-20 minutes, longer ones are 30-40. You don't need to stop to decide what move you want to do next; it's all automatic. The intensity ramps up the longer you stick with the program. You can also build your own workouts and then play through your entire routine at once.

I tend to do my EA Active workout first because it really kicks my butt, and then I follow up with Fitness Evolved.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2012 8:39:50 PM PDT
Coolstylez says:
You need to setup your profile for your height, weight and age to allow the software to count the calories burned correctly. Once you set this up you will see a big difference in the amount burned. Hope this helps.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2014 4:18:28 PM PST
minkalue says:
Thanks for the info - I find it hard to stay motivated when I have to stop every 5 minutes.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Nov 23, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 6, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012
Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 by UBI Soft (Xbox 360)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (581)