The Bowdown is a top-of-the-car mount that folds down when it's not in use for better aerodynamics, and allows easier access to the garage.
- J-Cradle design for carrying a single touring, recreational or whitewater kayak
- New SteelCore construction utilizes a steel substrate encased in durable foam padding
- Folds down flat when not in use for the ultimate in rooftop clearance
- Integrated ramp system assists in loading your boat
- Hullguard pads protect and keep your boat looking brand new
- Locks to crossbar with SKS locking system (lock cores sold separately)
- Includes 1 pair of Heavy Duty Straps, with padded buckles
- Includes Bow/Stern Tie-Down Straps to complete kayak stability
- Integrated bottle opener
- Fits round, square and most factory crossbars out of the box
- Product ships to US only
Tired of pain-in-the-neck kayak carriers that take up a ton of space while functioning poorly? Turn to the Yakima BowDown rooftop kayak carrier, which employs a J-cradle design to hold your kayak on its side. Why store a kayak in this manner? Because it takes up little roof space and allows you to quickly and easily load the kayak in just a few short minutes. The BowDown fits with round, square, and most factory crossbars right out of the box, so you don't have to shell out extra cash for fancy adapters. The unit's top-of-the-line HullGuard padding, meanwhile, employs EVA foam to protect your boat and keep it looking brand new. Best of all, the BowDown includes an integrated boat ramp system that makes it a breeze to load your kayak onto the rooftop. Other features include a SteelCore frame that folds flat when not in use, bow and stern tie-down straps for stability, an SKS locking system, and an integrated bottle opener. A must for kayak enthusiasts everywhere, the BowDown carries a one-year warranty.