5.0 out of 5 stars Yakima SKS Locks
Locks were perfect for my rack. Extremely easy to install in about a minute for each one.
Published on March 11, 2008 by F. J. Cherichella III

3.0 out of 5 stars Locks work well but don't make for a secure theft proof install of your Yakima system
Don't expect these locks to make your bike or rack safe and secure from thieves. There's nothing wrong with the locks per se but the way the system works on my bike rack I can easily just turn the plastic nut past the lock's tab with just hand strength. While it may stop a quick snatch and run thief anyone that actually looks at how it's locked could easily just rip...
Published 5 months ago by R. Wasilewski

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple to use pretty easy to install, January 16, 2009
It took a little time trying to get the lock into the slot correctly but once I did, it works like a champ. I like that they give you 3 keys and key sign-up form if you ever lose them. Good product. Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yakima SKS Locks, March 11, 2008

4.0 out of 5 stars Locks work as advertised., August 24, 2013
These were purchased for the Yakima Frontloader Rooftop Bike Carrier. The rack should already come with them, but I understand the added profit by selling the separately. They are easy to install and they work. Pretty easy and they do what they're supposed to. Make it so a thief has to completely remove the cross members off the car to steal my bike and rack. It's a win-win for a would-be criminal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Product does it's job, May 8, 2012
You really don't have much choices when it comes to parts or locks. I got this to give thiefs a little deterrent for during day time. I go snowboarding so I use the locks and I don't think anyone is going to go that far during day light when there's people walking by to pry the roof rack off your car. During night or otherwise not in use I remove the rack and leave it at home. So I'd say the locks are good at keeping you that much more at ease. On top of it, it's also another reassurance that your roof rack stays bolted down to your roof and doesn't come loose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Locks work as intended, October 19, 2012
These locks are tailored for the Yakima product line. You won't be able to save money by purchasing your own cores from Lowes or Home Depot...I already tried. I spent about as much on my Yakima rack as I did on my Kayak, so these little locks were a no-brainer. I fully intend to protect that rack- its a good deal to buy them on Amazon as opposed to the store.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed, April 17, 2014
There's really nothing more to say than this is exactly what I needed and it was an absolute piece of cake to install using the control key, and this is coming from someone who can't pound a nail into a board without hurting himself and anyone nearby. Bought a Yakima product and need locks? Get this. These ARE the droids you're looking for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but nice security, March 20, 2014
I like the sense of security but it sucks that Yakima kind of rips you off for that sense of security when its pretty easy to break the plastic covers ans steal your stuff anyway.

Nice product though, good interchangeability. Its convenient to only have one key for all the locks.

Go for at least 8-pack if looking to expand with future attachments. Not too much more expensive than the 4 pack...

5.0 out of 5 stars work as intended, February 27, 2014
Wish these came with the racks, but I understand the reasoning behind not including them. Installed in seconds, easy to replace if needed, can't ask for much more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Installs in a snap, February 26, 2014
Installs very easily - easier than the Thule locks I'm used to. I like these, and they appear to lock in place nicely.

5.0 out of 5 stars buy them, February 21, 2014
Does what its supposed to do ! Keeps the honest people out and makes me feel better when I leave my racks on the car

ARRAY(0x9ba4b60c)