4.0 out of 5 stars expensive and almost worth it..
Published on March 10, 2010 by B. Reimer

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT SAFE ON Pontiac G6
These worked great until it started to rain and then became un safe.

Published 2 months ago by Jeffrey Rabine

4.0 out of 5 stars expensive and almost worth it.., March 10, 2010
This review is from: Yakima Q Clip Set (Sports)
I have had the Q-tower system for a number of years, through three different vehicles. All in all a great rack system, except for two items: The cost of the little parts that you need to convert from one vehicle to the other are stratospheric! I really don't mind Yakima making their money on the big ticket items such as towers, boxes, etc. but the little adapter items should be priced more fairly. It seems to me that once you are locked into a Yakima system they fully intend to hose you on the little things. Too bad. Further, the Yakima website is a mess to try and find the specific little items and accessories that they intend on hosing you with!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Price And Very Durable, May 23, 2008
This review is from: Yakima Q Clip Set (Sports)
You need 2 sets of these `Yakima Q Clip Sets' and the corresponding `Yakima Roundbars Roof Rack Cross Bars' (check your vehicle dimensions for the proper lengths), if you are planning to install a ski rack or any type of enclosure unit. I had these installed professionally for a little bit more money, and it was worth avoiding the hassle. They come with an extra set of keys and are very strong. They are simple and sleek. Definitely a `must have' for a truck owner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, March 15, 2007
This review is from: Yakima Q99 Clip (Sports)
This Yakima roof rack system works great and I highly recommend it. I bought one for my Mazda 3 and have used it, along with a Yakima roof rack for 2 cross country ski trips (I live a Florida, skiing is far away). The rack hasn't shifted an inch and was relatively easy to install. Yakima has a product guide on their site to make sure you order the right pieces for your model car.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT SAFE ON Pontiac G6, July 28, 2014
This review is from: Yakima Q128 Clip (Sports)
These worked great until it started to rain and then became un safe.

I have had my Yakima roof rack on 4 different cars always using the correct clips and I have never had an issue! The rack stays in place great! I noticed something different with these clips. They didnt get as good of a grab on the car but they seemed very solid after some expected adjustments. My fiance and I drove for 16 hours all over with two bikes on top and had no issues until it started to rain. We were driving in the rain for about 2 hours when all of a sudden we herd a loud crash and scrape noise. Immediately pulled to the side of the highway to discover that the front roof rack mounts were no longer attached to the car and our expensive bikes were dangling off the back of the car barely held on by the rear clips. We had to re-mount the rack on the side of the highway in the rain but never got it secured well. The wet roof allowed the pads to slip on the roof. So we drove 45mph all the way home nearly doubling the amount of time that it took us to get home. It was a nightmare!! Ended up getting a trunk mount for the G6. I would still use the roof mount but never on a Pontaic G6 again

5.0 out of 5 stars Get ready to ride!, February 9, 2013
This review is from: Yakima Q31 Clip (Sports)
I received an old Yakima sytem previously used on a huge car. I drive a little BMW and really needed a carrier for my mountain bikes, kayaks, etc. I was excited to get the whole system but quickly discoved the clips which secure the system to the car were not going to work. After a bit of research I found these clips on Amazon and ordered them right away. The arrived quickly and are the same durable quality you would expect from Yakima. I was able to assemble the carrier system and mount it securely to the roof of my small BMW 323i. Without these clips the system would have been useless to me and still be sitting on the floor or my garage. In the future when I change cars all I'll need to do is change clips and the Yakima system will stay with me forever. Great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Yakima Q99 Clip, June 22, 2014
This review is from: Yakima Q99 Clip (Sports)
Make sure you order two sets of these to complete four Q Towers. They are well made and the included pads keep them from scratching your vehicle's finish. A little pricey but, necessary to complete two cross bars.

5.0 out of 5 stars fits the 03 Buick LeSabre., August 18, 2013
This review is from: Yakima Q49 Clip (Sports)
Make sure you're getting the right clips at Yakima and buy them cheaper here. It's just one of those 'duh' moves. The vinyl pads that come with them need to be put on a certain way. Make sure you put them on right the first time. It is difficult to restick them once thwy are on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it needs to do, May 10, 2013
This review is from: Yakima Q5 Clip (Sports)
Q clips. Not sexy. Not even pretty. Just bent, painted pieces of metal essential to attach your Q-towers to your car. They work, and they work marvelously well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well!, March 24, 2013
This review is from: Yakima Q128 Clip (Sports)
Fair price, easy installing, take the time to read the directions and you'll quickly be carrying your stuff with no problems! 😊

5.0 out of 5 stars Tacoma Clips, February 6, 2013
This review is from: Yakima Q Clip Set (Sports)
Clips fit on my Tacoma perfectly. It came with new plastic pads which fit perfectly. Now I can mount my yak.