I bought everything to install load warrior basket on top of my Toyota Tacoma. I ordered the bars first and noticed that the plastic end caps do NOT come with the round bars. If you order the round bars by themselves, you will have to buy the plastic end caps separate. The plastic caps DO come with the Qtowers.
Published on February 10, 2011 by JBP

3.0 out of 5 stars No End Caps
If you order these loadbars from Amazon, be aware that they do not come with any end caps. You definitely need the end caps to keep out water and grit. So, make sure to also buy end caps.
Published on July 7, 2008 by H. More

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Work as decribed. **Note: Endcaps come with Qtowers not with bars, February 10, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, March 15, 2007
This Yakima roof rack system works great and I highly recommend it. I bought one for my Mazda 3 and have use it, along with a Yakima roof rack for 2 cross country ski trips (I live a Florida, skiing is far away). The rack hasn't shifted an inch and was relatively easy to install. Yakima has a product guide on their site to make sure you order the right pieces for your model car.

4.0 out of 5 stars If you're looking at these 48's, you may want to cut down some 58's..., July 16, 2014
This review is from: Yakima RoundBars Roof Rack Cross Bars (48-Inches) (Sports)
Two things to consider about these Yakima round bars:

If you ever find yourself in a position to build or modify your own rack attachment, these round bars are your friend. Needing to construct an adapter of sorts to get a tandem on my car without removing any wheels, I was able to use off-the-shelf U bolts to hook onto these bars. This is not so much an option with the areo-shaped crossbars.

The 48" crossbars are the suggested length for many mid-sized vehicles, including my '05 Subaru wagon. But consider if you even want to tote plywood or drywall on your vehicle -- sheet goods that come in 48" widths. You'll want an extra two or three inches on either side to tie down to. If 48" is your recommended size, consider buying 58" crossbars and sawing five or six inches off of the length. It may be an infrequent need, but when the time comes, you'll be happy you did.

The one downside for me is the plastic coating on the exterior of these crossbars. It does break down and crack over time, which doesn't affect just appearance, but usability (if you're unable to slide these through the tower, or slide clamps on, due to a rough slit along the surface. Realistically, I seem to get about 5 or 6 years out of my crossbars before this cracking makes them a nuisance to use.

3.0 out of 5 stars No End Caps, July 7, 2008
H. More (Portland, Maine USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Premium bars, premium price, May 29, 2009
This review is from: Yakima RoundBars Roof Rack Cross Bars (48-Inches) (Sports)
Thick walled steel tubes, no worries about strength. As others mention, the plastic end caps don't come with the bars, rather with the towers. Price seems high for steel tubes, but what do I know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Ski Rack, March 5, 2014
This review is from: Yakima RoundBars Roof Rack Cross Bars (48-Inches) (Sports)
I purchased these Cross bars to go along with my Yakima Ski Rack. They worked awesome for what I needed them for.

4.0 out of 5 stars I would have gotten longer bars, February 9, 2014
This review is from: Yakima RoundBars Roof Rack Cross Bars (48-Inches) (Sports)
Consider if you want to put 2 different things on top before you get this size bar. If you get longer bars you can put a Yakima skybox and a ski rack next to it but these will fit only the skybox and nothing else.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have a subaru impreza sport wagon 2013, February 4, 2014
This review is from: Yakima RoundBars Roof Rack Cross Bars (48-Inches) (Sports)
i recommend the fairing, these puppy's howl when you drive like the wind, or as slow as 45mph. thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for 2014 Subaru Forester, January 25, 2014
This review is from: Yakima RoundBars Roof Rack Cross Bars (48-Inches) (Sports)
I have the base model Subaru Forester 2014 and this rack is the perfect width for everyday use and hauls my kayaks and ladders.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well designed, but..., January 19, 2014
This review is from: Yakima RoundBars Roof Rack Cross Bars (48-Inches) (Sports)
Well designed, but I wish they were a lot lighter in weight. Too heavy for some cross bars in my opinion.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›