5.0 out of 5 stars Best rack system
Published on January 4, 2007 by Robert A. Francis

3.0 out of 5 stars Roof Bars
Yes, they do what they are suppose to do. What else can I say about an over-priced piece of aluminum tubing?
Published 14 months ago by Joseph R. Treshler

5.0 out of 5 stars Best rack system, January 4, 2007
This is my 2nd Yakima rack set up. My first set i abused for the last ten years. Some times loaded the roof of my jeep with up to 2 bikes a stacked canoe and kayak next to my Cargo box all at the same time. I'm guessing we put 400 + lbs. It never let me down. So if you dont know much about the Yakima systems all I can say is ya cant go wrong, The best money spent if you do allot of outdoor adventures

5.0 out of 5 stars Yakima for peace of mind, March 7, 2011
This review is from: Yakima RoundBars Roof Rack Cross Bars (66-Inches) (Sports)
The Yakima roof rack went onto my Jeep Cherokee in less than 30 minutes with two adults standing on either side. It installed easily and exactly according to directions. The directions were thorough and straightforward.

Luckily I was able to look at different racks at local stores while deciding what parts I actually needed to transport our sailboats and to understand how they all fit together. Yakima's website gave me the exact size of Raingutter Towers for my car. I purchased Yakima RoundBars Roof Rack Cross Bars (66-Inches), Yakima 1A Raingutter Towers - Set of 4, and the Yakima SKS Lock Cores for Yakima Rooftop Car Racks. There is another styrofoam piece available for transporting boats but I found that it was not necessary. Once I knew what parts were needed, I compared prices, and found the lowest prices for 2 out of 3 of these items were from Amazon.

I purchased this item for transporting my sunfish sailboat (14') or my 15YO's laser sailboat (16') after years of struggling with different solutions to move the boats around. We used to have to use a trailer or to tie one down on top of my Jeep, or in some rather perilous cases, both. The other solution was to get the Commodore to come move one of our boats in the back of his pickup. While this solution worked well for me, it was not his favorite.

This roof rack has performed perfectly. It has also given us peace of mind while we are on highways with one of the boats on top of my car.

UPDATE: When I came to get the product name for another product review, imagine my surprise to see this message: This does not fit your: 2001 Jeep Cherokee. YES, IT DOES!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, December 3, 2013
Jordan C (Lindenhurst, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Yakima RoundBars Roof Rack Cross Bars (66-Inches) (Sports)
Strong and sturdy. I use these for my Yakima kayak loader and it works perfectly. I would recommend to others

5.0 out of 5 stars Given as a gift to son, August 10, 2013
This review is from: Yakima RoundBars Roof Rack Cross Bars (66-Inches) (Sports)
My son said the racks were just wonderful and he has put them to good use. He goes camping and they fit perfectly on his Toyota.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, February 18, 2013
This review is from: Yakima RoundBars Roof Rack Cross Bars (66-Inches) (Sports)
the bars were the perfect size for my truck and the end caps were easy to install they fit great in the raingutter towers

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install on 2009 Honda Element EX, August 17, 2012
T. Nguyen (Deep River, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Yakima RoundBars Roof Rack Cross Bars (66-Inches) (Sports)
I recently installed these 66" crossbars (part 8000410) with a complete roof rack set from Yakima. These fit seamlessly into each pair of control towers, and have a reasonably durable finish. Some marking on the plastic sheath occured when sliding the control towers over the bars, but nothing of concern. They are bound to get marked-up as utility items.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Product, August 8, 2014
This review is from: Yakima RoundBars Roof Rack Cross Bars (66-Inches) (Sports)
Solid, well built bars that make hauling our canoe easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yakima makes quality storage solutions, July 22, 2013
This review is from: Yakima RoundBars Roof Rack Cross Bars (66-Inches) (Sports)
I got these for my new vehicle because it was wider than the last one and I needed longer cross bars. Overall I have always been happy with the quality of Yakima products and continue to feel this way with this purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Roof Bars, June 23, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Heavy Duty Cross Bars, May 14, 2011
This review is from: Yakima RoundBars Roof Rack Cross Bars (66-Inches) (Sports)
I like the construction of these bars and the plastic coating, they don't come with the end caps.
The caps were shipped with my A1 Hi-Towers which is sort of a strange way to do it.

I didn't like the way the were shipped, had to cut off the 1st plastic shipping bracket to separate the bars. There wasn't any instruction on how to get the brackets off and they were on tight.

Other than that this is a high quality product and I would recommend these to friends.

Rate and Discover Movies