Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

on November 12, 2011
I am an experienced guitar player, and I own quite a few guitars already. I bought this guitar to play while I am deployed to Africa, rather than bringing one of mine with me. I was immediately impressed with the both the guitar and the case. Years ago, I would have never bought a "cheap" Yamaha beginner guitar, due to inferior playability and construction. Let me assure you, the modern Yamaha beginner guitar is a far cry from the old junk. This is a well made instrument. It keeps its tune very well, and the action on the guitar is well adjusted from the factory. I have thoroughly enjoyed playing this guitar for the past few weeks. I am actually very suprised by the level of craftsmanship that this guitar has, considering the price. There is no fret buzz, no neck imperfections, no "fret drag" at the edge of the neck where the hand meets it while playing. A bone bridge and nut would certainly improve the sound of this guitar, but make it more expensive. The sound is very good, both highs and lows. Not to tinny or hollow. As it is, for a knock-around guitar, or a beginners guitar, this thing is about as good as you can get.
on August 28, 2011
This guitar is great and it came with all the accessories and parts. The case is strong and well made. Also the guitar is made with good quality and I got it for a great price.
on January 20, 2012
Firstly, I would say the Yamaha 700S sounds pretty good! It feels really light somehow, but overall is great!
Then I want to talk about other bad things.
The string is actually "Austin city string", not the Yamaha one! The pick is only one set(four in it, and all bad quality ones), not as many as in the picture, and there is no Yamaha picks. Also the strap!!!!!!!what is the brand??? levy's??? then why it showed a Yamaha logo on the picture??? This is totally bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would never trust this company anymore!!!!!!! Last time I bought a fender classical guitar from them, the case was too small that it never get closed when I have my guitar inside! And this time it got totally different things inside the package! I hate this so much!
Next time I will only buy things that sold by Amazon.com, no more other retailers... especially this one!
on March 16, 2012
I played around with a cheap guitar as a teenager (a long time ago). I just wanted to learn something new about 6 months ago. Looked at many reviews, thought I would give this one a try. It seems quality guitars have a solid spruce top, rosewood fretboard, good tuners,etc. I like the bright sounds from the very beginning, and after 6 months I have a long way to go, but have learned a lot. I couple of my friends who have played many years were impressed with the playablity and sound. One of them owns a Taylor and the other a Fender, and offered to buy it from me, if I ever want to sell it (I don't).
Amazing how well it stays in tune for so long, be hard to go wrong with this guitar, especially for the money.
on January 2, 2012
I got this guitar for my birthday and it's amazing. I just started playing so I don't know anything about guitars but I can tell you that this guitar sounds really good and basically just brightens my day. It's really glossy and polished, and the hard case it comes with is also beautiful. I've gone through picks really quickly. I'm not sure if that's normal or if I just play it too hard. Anyways, it's good this bundle comes with like 20 picks for people like me. Sometimes I notice the strings buzzing, especially the lower ones, but that may be because I'm a noob and don't know what I'm doing. The bundle rather than the guitar itself is a really good deal. You'll need everything it comes with and can avoid the hassle of ordering all of it individually.
on March 6, 2012
ive had my guitar for only about a month and i love it. Once it was tuned it sounded amazing. the dvd goes a little to fast for me so im taking lessons but its a very good reference im overall pretty happy with my purchase. Im constantly getting complements about how beautiful my Yamaha is. My only complaint is the random key that came with it which im guessing locks the case but it dose not work. all in all i love it!!!!
on June 14, 2012
I purchased this for my husband! He loved it. The quality of everything was great. I wasn't for sure what I was going to get ordering online, but I was pleasantly surprised! It was shipped out fast and I couldn't believe how quickly it got here! We are very satisfied customers.
on April 28, 2012
Really couldnt ask for anything better for the money. No buzzing sound, and it sounds better then my 400 sollar seagul. This is a great guitar.
on April 10, 2012
Get travel and gave my daughter her cherished guitar and I am delighted and amazed by this wonderful gift. Despite the trauma of the first purchase and I arrived damaged, I can say it was worth to buy it back.