Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Yamaha Advantage YAS-200AD Student Alto Saxophone
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on December 6, 2011
I own one of these that I picked up used but in excellent shape. To me, the quality and tone seemed the same as the old YAS-23 saxophones which are now discontinued. Yes, Yamaha had to move production to China and Taiwan but many different things are made there now due to cost. Many horns, electronics etc. etc. My Nikon camera stuff is made in China but works great. Cisco Systems has routers made in Taiwan and China and they work great. The key here is the company name and how they do quality checks. The Dell keyboard I'm typing this on is made guess where....China and the Dell 24" monitor is made in Mexico but they are still excellent because they are quality checked by Dell and to Dell specifications. Don't hesitate in buying one of these saxophones if you get a good deal on one. You'll be pleased with the build and quality.
on August 12, 2011
As a repairman of 28 years I have seen the rise and with these horns MADE IN CHINA from yamaha the fall of a good name brand.The metal is soft and the post feet are too weak .THESE WILL NOT HOLD UP very long in the playing department.Your repairmen will love them as they will see you in the shop more now.Sorry Yamaha you and Selmer got it wrong with these horns fron china.
55 comments|15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 28, 2012
My son will be in the band this year and we went to the school who had 2 music companies renting and selling instruments. They were way more expensive even for used ones. I bought this which is the same one they wanted to rent to me for $1,800.00. I saved a lot of money and it is brand new.
on October 13, 2014
Fabulous, couldn't have been better!
on November 25, 2012
Sorry this is so late but the saxophone was in great condition and as promised. My son enjoys playing it.
on November 15, 2015