5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Guitar
Published on August 2, 2012 by Beanctr

3.0 out of 5 stars The Toyota Corolla of Guitars
Published on January 16, 2011 by Scorpio69

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Guitar, August 2, 2012
The CG192C is the newest replacement for the top of the line CG guitars. I have owned several Yamaha guitars including a CG180 and a CG171. This is by far the nicest of any CG guitars I have played. Yamaha has improved the neck and made the top lighter. These changes equate to improved playability and sound. Of course the guitar is beautiful and well made; something we have come to expect from Yamaha. The cedar top is very nice and looks like a high quality piece of wood. The back and sides are laminated rosewood and look very nice. I prefer the sides and back be quality laminate as they are less likely to crack and I don't think inexpensive solid woods are any better. Also new is the three piece laminated neck. With the thinner neck that should guard against warping. Overall I really like this guitar. The improvement in sound is very noticeable. This would be a nice beginner guitar. I think Yamaha made some great improvements to an already quality poduct. I would also like to point out that I bought this guitar as a "beater" instrument. I also have a Kohno and a GC-71 but the 192 gets alot of use!

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprising sound and quality at this price point!, February 5, 2014
This review is from: Yamaha CG192S Spruce Top Classical Guitar (Electronics)
I love this guitar! I chose the Yamaha because I wanted an intermediate classical guitar to practice with. I enjoy the look, feel, and sound so much that I see no reason to upgrade to a more expensive guitar in the future. You can't beat the quality at this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guitar, July 29, 2013
This review is from: Yamaha CG192S Spruce Top Classical Guitar (Electronics)
You can't go wrong with the Yamaha product. There very well built with great materials. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a Classical guitar. All around great sound and great guitar.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Toyota Corolla of Guitars, January 16, 2011
Scorpio69 (Hawaii, America's Paradise) - See all my reviews
Yamaha builds a guitar that is efficient and easy to play. The construction is simple and clean. Now, that's sufficient for their entry level guitars (I picked up a Yamaha F335 Acoustic Guitar, Natural for less than one Ben Franklin - see my review), however, at 5x that amount, that just doesn't cut it anymore. This guitar has zero character. It hits all the notes without any issues, but the sound it produces can only be described as plain vanilla. For the beginning student that may be OK, but why spend the extra $ for this model when it sounds and plays pretty much the same as its lesser brethren? The better grade of materials used in this do not seem to translate into better sound quality - and isn't that why one would drop the extra $ in the first place?

If you want a classical guitar that hands-down produces a rich, wonderful tone that has character, I'm, afraid you'll have to drop some serious $ on a José Ramírez. At this price point, I'd shop around to try to find something that approaches the Ramírez sound - a tall order, for sure.

P.S. Don't bother with Takamine, either. I played one that was 2x the price of this Yamaha and, while it did have a better feel and produce a slightly better tone, the Japanese guitars just don't capture that wonderful Spanish guitar sound.

Yamaha CG192S Spruce Top Classical Guitar