Yamaha's DGX530 Portable Grand Piano features 88 piano-style keys with Graded Soft Touch, a matching stand, a sustain pedal, USB storage, backlit LCD displays, notation and lyrics, and plenty more.
Matching stand included.
Brilliant, easy-to-navigate LCD.
Built-in stereo two-way speakers with bass ports.
The Yamaha Portable Grand, DGX530 has an easy to use panel, a wealth of piano-centric features including 88 piano-style keys, Graded Soft Touch (GST) action with different levels of resistance, and high-resolution stereo piano samples. Included are an attractive matching stand and sustain pedal.
The DGX530 has 2 USB ports on the back, each with a different use. "USB TO HOST" is plug-and-play connection for recording and playing back MIDI files, as well as transferring data to and from your computer.
"USB TO DEVICE" is for connecting peripheral USB storage devices such as hard drives or portable thumb drives. You can save user songs and settings, or transfer song data downloaded from the Internet to the instrument, where it can be used with the performance assistant and Yamaha Education Suite features.
Lyric, Chord and Notation Display
Have you ever played a song and wondered what it would look like as sheet music? The DGX530 can display the score to a song whether it comes from the Internet, the internal selections those you record yourself. Pages scroll automatically when a song is played back--no more page turning! For singers, the screen also displays chords and lyrics to XF compatible songs.
Easy to Use
The DGX530 is a breeze to use. Dive right in with convenient tools and features:
- Expandable Music Database: Complete keyboard setups by song title. The keyboard selects an appropriate voice for the right hand melody, the correct musical style and the correct tempo. Simply call up a song title and start playing.
- One Touch Setting (OTS): Provides you with a recommended voice with effects for each Style. For example, on a jazz style OTS might be piano, for a Latin style it might be acoustic guitar, or for a rock style it might be a guitar with overdrive.
- Registration Memory: Set the keyboard up just the way you like and take a digital snapshot for instant recall. Load and save up to 16 Registrations to User memory. The Registration buttons are conveniently located just above the keyboard.
- Performance Assistant Technology: Performance assistant technology is a feature from Yamaha that guarantees that you can't play a wrong melody note or chord. Here's how it works. Select a song, press the Performance Assistant button Chord Mode and play the keyboard--any notes you like. Every note you play will fit the music!
Yamaha Education Suite: Helps you learn to play
The DGX530 has 30 built-in songs (plus 70 more on the included CD-ROM) for you to learn to play using the Yamaha Education Suite. The songs are separated into left and right hand parts, providing 7 levels of lessons plus a convenient chord dictionary.
- Three keyboard lessons for each hand:
- Waiting Mode--Stops the playback of a song until you find the correct note and then continues.
- Your Tempo Mode--Learn to play the correct notes with the correct timing. Song playback tempo will vary to match the speed you are playing at. The song will slow down when you play wrong notes, so you can learn at your own pace.
- Minus One Mode--Here's where you can perfect your technique. The song will play at the normal tempo, minus the part you have chosen to play. Play along while listening to the song.
- Lesson Grading--Monitors your progress as you practice each lesson and gives you a grade.
- Repeat and Learn--The song location will move back four measures from the point at which you pressed the button, and playback will begin after a one measure count-in. This section will repeat allowing you to practice until perfect!
- Chord Dictionary--Shows you how to play chords and tells you which chords you are playing by displaying the notes and chord names on the LCD screen.
With the DGX530, you have the equivalent of a built-in multi-track recorder. Record one or multiple instrument parts at a time and assign each part to a different track. Six tracks are provided to accommodate sophisticated melodies, chord accompaniment and rhythm parts.
The DGX530 sounds as good as it plays. A two-way speaker system with separate woofers and tweeters delivers clear and lifelike instrument voices. Bass Boost ports add deeper low-end impact, and true stereo sound adds spatial depth and realism.
Realistic Sounding Voices
The DGX530 comes equipped with 127 panel voices, 12 drum/SFX kits, plus 361 XGlite voices. Dual and Split modes allow you to combine sounds.
Full Keyboard Mode
The DGX530 delivers on its piano theme with a special mode of fingering called Full Keyboard Mode. This allows the player to play the keyboard like a piano; for example a chord with the right hand and bass notes with the left. When using the accompaniment feature, the virtual band will follow these chords. Traditional portable keyboards normally require you to chord on the left side of the keyboard, in the bass section, which is foreign to most piano players. The DGX530 is also capable of this mode, for those who prefer it.
Digital Music Notebook
Digital Music Notebook is a multimedia Internet service that enables you to preview, purchase, download and print learn-to-play music books and chart-topping sheet music. From scales to chords to your favorite riffs, Digital Music Notebook is jam-packed with all the secrets you need to master your instrument. Add accompaniments, record and mix yourself, sing karaoke with friends, learn new techniques while having a blast--Digital Music Notebook delivers everything you need to bring music alive! And it's included with the DGX530.
What's in the Box
DGX530 Keyboard, Music Rest, Owner's Manual, Accessory CD-ROM, Keyboard Stand, Footswitch FC5, Power Adapter
All the best sounds are available at the push of button and recording virtuoso performances is simple with built in recorder. The Yamaha DGX530 features 88 Graded Soft Touch keys. The Yamaha Education Suite and USB connectivity (USB to Device) add functionality. 88 Graded Soft Touch keyboard Acoustic, super-expressive Live, Cool and Sweet Voices (127 + 361 xglite + 12 Drum/SFX Kits) Easy Song Arranger feature and Performance Assistant Technology USB connection for convenient storage and song data playback Pitch bend wheel to add smooth pitch variations to notes played 6 recordable tracks, 5 recordable songs 32 note Polyphony Master EQ, Reverb and Chorus Effects Graded Soft Touch Keyboard Just as on an actual piano, the lower keys are heavy in touch and the higher keys are light, with soft touch of digital keyboard for beginners. Amazingly Realistic Sounds Yamaha's highly acclaimed Sweet! And Cool! Voices deliver incredibly natural and dynamic sound. Use the Pitch Bend wheel, and hear these Voices especially the Sax and Trumpet truly come alive, Live, Cool and Sweet. Voices a huge palette of acoustic and electronically amplified instrument sounds. A blend of long, stereo and multi-layered samples is used to fully capture the natural presence, resonance, expression and vibrato of the real instrument. Easy Song Arranger In addition to each song's default style, you can select any other style to play the song with the Easy Song Arranger feature. This means that you can play a song that is normally a ballad, for example, as a bossa nova, as a hip-hop tune, etc. You can create totally different arrangements by changing the style with which a song is played. You can also change the song's melody voice and the keyboard voice for a complete change of image. Performance Assistant Technology (P.A.T.) Play along with a song on the instrument's keyboard and produce a perfect performance every time. Even if you play wrong notes! All you have to do is play on the keyboard.