Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Yamaha DGX200 76-Key Electronic Keyboard
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 30, 2002
I have plyed piano professionally and have a degree in music. i have a very expensive Yamaha Clavinova (as well as a real piano)
i bought this thinking of it as a toy for my 22 year old who suddenly wants to play. it has a fabulous piano sound (better than the expensive triton). the built in piano lessons are really helpful. my favorite part is when i taught piano, i could never get kids to practice one hand at a time. this keyboard will play the left hand for you as you play the right and vice versa. my daughter loved that it would record and play back what she had just played.

i always discoraged parents from having their kids practice on keyboards but the touch of these keys is very realistic. i would recommend it to someone starting out in piano not wanting to make that huge investment until they were sure they would continue.
but, as a keyboard (not a tiny piano) there are enough sounds and gimics for a beginner in keyboards but not for someone who really is into all the synthesizer effects.
But, what is this? no power cord? and no sustain pedal. the pedal i can understand but no power cord - that is just too cheap. they should at least put a huge notice on the front of the box that you're going to have to buy one separately.
still, i was shocked at the quality considering the price.
on December 18, 2003
OK, I haven't tried the Casios that some rave about, but I do know this...the keyboard does offer an adequate volume level (particularly how I play). If you want more volume: 1-Try turning the touch response off. 2-Go into the function menu and turn the M.Volume control UP. I'm certain that the naysayers didn't read into the manual. I admit that there's not a ton of additional sound, but it's set at "104" from the factory and can go to "127" if you choose to. That's because Yamaha has given the unit some "play" so you can raise or lower the sound to match other built-in settings. Also when a "song" is playing there's extra sounds like bass, cymbal etc., so how much can you expect of 12watts, total? 3-Go to radio shack, get the right adapter and plug it in to you stereo (or I've read about some adding inexpensive PC speakers for $30-$60). One or all of the above will do the trick.
It's got a great range of voices. The piano sounds great as well as others like guitar, church organ, etc. There's 600 to choose from. I advise the 202 model which will include a sustain pedal, AC power adapter, some 'phones and an extended warranty.
on September 26, 2005
I've played piano for 13 years now, and got this keyboard to take with me to school. I had been shopping around for about eight months before deciding on this one. Not only is it an incredible deal for 76 keys, but it has beautiful sound. It has nearly 600 voices and can probably do more things than I know about. Built in metronome, headphone jack, right and left hand can be played back separately are what I use most. The keys aren't full sized so it has a different touch than a real piano, which I had expected anyway. I never thought I'd come to like playing on a keyboard, but I'm really happy with this one. I paid $199, got free shipping and it arrived much sooner than I had expected. You won't find a deal like this anywhere else.

*Should mention that it doesn't come with an AC adapter. I dug around my closet at home and found one, so it wasn't even a problem.
on November 23, 2012
I was looking for a nicer keyboard to get into playing some more. This keyboard really met my expectations. It sounds very nice with the speakers providing high quality sound. I like the huge range of voices and types this keyboard had, I believe it is over 600. There are many built-in beats and 100 songs on the keyboard.

Overall, I think this keyboard is a great buy for the price. In comparison to my other Casio keyboard it is many times better and a nice 76 key keyboard.
on June 19, 2011
I've had this keyboard for about 6 years now, ever since I was little.

It's amazing, over 600 different sounds to choose from, over 100 built in song to play to, many synths, and recording options to be able to play then play other your recording again. You can build entire symphonies with just this keyboard!

Some other reviews say it doesn't come with a pedal or power adapter, well I didn't buy from Amazon so you may just want to check that out (the pedal is probably $10 and the power adapter you could find laying around your house.)

Overall, this is a great product.
on February 9, 2016
the grand piano sound on this is amazing. sounds like a real grand not an artificial electric piano like alot of others in tbis price range.
on April 29, 2003
It is a beautiful product. I've loved it since i got it on the very first day. Eventhough i am a beginner, i can play the music with happiness all the time.