Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Yamaha NS-6490 3-Way Bookshelf Speakers, Black Fin...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 20% off the $150.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
2-Year Home Audio & Video Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Delivered by e-mail, register and file claims online or by phone
- Surge protection starts when your product ships; mechanical and electrical failures are covered after manufacturer warranty expires
- No deductible, replacement via Amazon gift card reimbursement for valid claims
- Free return shipping, replacement gift card issued immediately after product is scanned at your local UPS
- Fully transferable with gifts, cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
Yamaha NS-6490 3-Way Bookshelf Speakers, Black Finish ( Pair )
|Price:||$140.21 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$9.79 (7%)|
- These 3-Way speakers can be added anywhere in your your home component sound systemfront or rear speakers, even as auxiliary speakers for another room
- Each speaker enclosure has 3 drivers - An 8 Woofer / a 4 Midrange / a 0.75 Dome Tweeter that work together to provide an extremely satisfying sound output that spans a 45Hz to 23kHz frequency response range
- Magnetically shielded to suit home-theater applications
- Black satin grille cloth is as aesthetically pleasing to the eyes as it is acoustically transparent to your ears
- Handles 70 Watts continuous amplifier power or 140 Watts peak amplifier power for each channel
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
1. Crossovers do not have to be some bulky contaption in order to be effective. A simple crossover is just a cap and an indictor (wire wound in a coil) so just becuase Yamaha uses a simple setup does not mean it's ineffective. speaker coils are inductors by design
2. If you are expecting big price speaker features in budget speakers (like fill for example) you will be dissapointed and you can do 1 of 2 things:
a. buy fill and correct the issue
b. spend more money on your speakers
3. If you are expecting big bass out of these speakers. it's NOT going to happen as they are acustically sealed (google acustic speaker suspension to find out the pro's and cons) but suffice it to say that it takes MORE power to get bass out of these as you have to overcome the static air resistance inside the box. Ported speakers have better bass response because the air can more freely in and out of the port.
4. Particle board cabinet construction....you will be suprised how many speakers that cost several times as much use this stuff and there is a reason for it...it does NOT RESONATE like wood boards do. MDF, HDF, PFB it's all the same stuff.
Now down to the nitty gritty
I use my speakers with the following system
Ymaha HTR-5635, NS-C125 center and 2x YST-SW215 subs
Personally I enjoy my speakers immensely and they do exactly what they are supposed to do..Read more ›
At first listen I knew I'd be more than satisfied with their performance. A month later, I'm still impressed by their natural clarity, lack of listening fatique and slam that just doesn't exist with most entry level speakers. The imaging from these is dead-on point, as long as they're on axis with the ears.
Yamaha electronics have been my favorite for over 25 years for a good reason. They deliver the goods, consistently. Without going into any more detail, Yamaha got it right again in engineering a pleasing product with a price that would make professionals envious. The NS-6490's are a hidden gem among the rocks. Nice job Yamaha. I bought two more from Amazon with no regrets.Yamaha NS-6490 3-Way Bookshelf Speakers, Black Finish ( Pair )
I was a little disappointed when I first hooked up these speakers because the bass was too over-powering and the mids were really lacking. I tried adjusting my receiver to lower the bass and increase the mids, but nothing seemed to work to my liking, so I did what anyone would do; I just played it at higher volumes. I'm writing this review because the other day I realized that the mids have developed over the past months of use, and now the speakers sound smooth and produce a very clean sound. So children, I guess the moral of the story is that patience is, in fact, a virtue! I gave it 4 stars because of the extraordinarily long break-in.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Tweeters on both speakers are located on the upper right. This means no matter how you place them the tweeters will still come from one side of the room. Read morePublished 3 days ago by DM
The NS-6490 speakers play loudly, sound good with classical and rock music and were cheap. Yamaha has another winner on its hands.Published 3 days ago by George Tyson
Great sound. The tendency on bookshelf speakers is going compact in size and big in sound. Yamaha isn't trying to reinvent the wheel here. Read morePublished 7 days ago by jonathan
Love these great, great sound for front surround speakers and great for music. I was looking for larger front speakers for my entertainment system because I don't like the smaller... Read morePublished 10 days ago by Michael Bilbrey
I bought two pair of these to replace the satellite speakers that came with my surround system. Very nice,crisp,clear sound that improved my system considerably. Read morePublished 14 days ago by jeff bryan
Bought this system for my bedroom and they fill the room nicely and sound great with the RX-V479 system. Read morePublished 16 days ago by Brad Horne
I AM NOT A SPEAKER GEEK!! I read all the reviews and questions and answers and made these my decision. I bought 2 pair,,that is 4 total speakers. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Huckleberry