Top positive review
102 people found this helpful
Same price as most stands but better quality
on April 23, 2007
I had looked at numerous stands for my Yamaha keyboard and didn't want to spend a ton of money for a professional grade stand (at professional prices). With that in mind, the Yamaha PKBX2 Double X Portable Keyboard Stand is a good choice at $29.99. I had seen other stands that were not as sturdy (single X stands)and cost about the same price.
Tips for assembly:
- Don't read the instructions, just look at the enlarged image of the keyboard stand on Amazon and assemble the stand the way it's shown.
- The bolts for attaching the arms and legs come screwed in to the stand. Use the (included )Allen Wrench to remove them and then re-install them when you are putting it together.
- Low price.
- Solid, sturdy stand.
- Works for just about any keyboard.
- The stand's height is fully adjustable, and can be easily changed in several seconds - without having to unscrew anything.
- There is no way to attach a keyboard to this stand. No screws, bolts or straps are included, even though most (including my Yamaha) keyboards have pre-drilled holes for screwing the board to a stand. The keyboard simply sits on top of the stand. I was VERY disappointed about this.
- The included Allen wrench did not work for one of the bolts. The bolt came screwed in to the stand way too tightly to be removed using the included tool. The Allen Wrench only stripped the bolt, it did not loosen it. Luckily my husband had a better Allen Wrench of nearly identical size, and that one worked. Without it, we would not have been able to loosen the bolt.