Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Yamaha PKBX2 Double X Portable Keyboard Stand
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on April 23, 2007
I had looked at numerous stands for my Yamaha keyboard and didn't want to spend a ton of money for a professional grade stand (at professional prices). With that in mind, the Yamaha PKBX2 Double X Portable Keyboard Stand is a good choice at $29.99. I had seen other stands that were not as sturdy (single X stands)and cost about the same price.

Tips for assembly:
- Don't read the instructions, just look at the enlarged image of the keyboard stand on Amazon and assemble the stand the way it's shown.
- The bolts for attaching the arms and legs come screwed in to the stand. Use the (included )Allen Wrench to remove them and then re-install them when you are putting it together.

PROS:
- Low price.
- Solid, sturdy stand.
- Works for just about any keyboard.
- The stand's height is fully adjustable, and can be easily changed in several seconds - without having to unscrew anything.

CONS:
- There is no way to attach a keyboard to this stand. No screws, bolts or straps are included, even though most (including my Yamaha) keyboards have pre-drilled holes for screwing the board to a stand. The keyboard simply sits on top of the stand. I was VERY disappointed about this.
- The included Allen wrench did not work for one of the bolts. The bolt came screwed in to the stand way too tightly to be removed using the included tool. The Allen Wrench only stripped the bolt, it did not loosen it. Luckily my husband had a better Allen Wrench of nearly identical size, and that one worked. Without it, we would not have been able to loosen the bolt.
33 comments|102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2006
After reading the mixed reviews, I hesitated purchasing this item, but decided to try it for the price. I'm glad I did. This stand is much better than I expected. It's relatively sturdy and folds up compactly. We have a Yamaha YPT-300 keyboard and it sits nicely without any rocking. I'd like to clear up a couple of the things people have disliked about this item:

1) Assembly. Yes, the instructions are worthless, but who cares? There are only about 10 pieces total - including the hardware. All you have to do is look at the picture and put the long "tubes" on the bottom and the short ones on top. I let my 8 yr. old daughter do it for me and all I had to do was tighten things up.

2) The tubes don't fit into the "slots" on the keyboard. Since this is a simple "X" style adjustable stand, the tube spread has to be different for every adjustment height, so even if it happened to fit at one setting, it wouldn't at any of the others. FYI - I'm thinking of running one half of a velcro strip along the top of the stand tubes and the other half in 4 strips lengthwise on the keyboard bottom. This way it will "stick" at various heights without much fuss.

Are there nicer, sturdier, stands available? Sure. But for under thirty bucks? For us, this one works fine.
22 comments|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 5, 2005
You'll be happy with this stand, it is very solid and inexpensive. The connecting bolts are in the ends of the legs when it arrives. Comes with an allen wrench to assemble. It is definately better than the single X yamaha stand which is only 2 dollars less. Get this one.
VINE VOICEon January 26, 2007
I got this stand as a kind of "freebie" when I purchased the excellent YPT-300 keyboard. At first I was baffled by the lack of instructions and the apparent lack of attachment screws. By reading another of the reviews here in Amazon I learned that the screws arrive inserted into the bottoms of the "X" pieces. Thanks to the person who pointed this out, as it isn't intuitively obvious even to those of us long accustomed to putting together small mechanical devices for our children.

I managed to figure out the proper hex key wrench to remove the screws and then quickly put together the keyboard stand. Once you have all of the pieces and the proper tool it's not rocket science. However, it soon became apparent that the stand isn't really made for my model keyboard. If you line the keyboard up directly on the stand it rocks back and forth. The only way to get it to stay put is to angle it a bit, which looks kind of odd And there's a constant danger that someone will knock the keyboard right off of the stand onto the floor. Someone suggested a double-velcro strategy--not bad! But this is a makeshift solution that can only partly mask the fact that the stand was never really designed for the keyboard I own. I'd love to know what reasonably inexpensive stand would work better than this one.
on November 26, 2007
Do not be fooled by Amazon's title "Yamaha PKBX2 Double X Portable Keyboard Stand", this product or the box that it came with did not have any signs of it being associated with Yamaha Brand Name. It took me about 45 minutes to put this together, it could have been 15 minutes if the pieces are labeled. Other than the deceptive advertising and difficulty in assembling this stand, functionally the product appears to be sturdy and it can hold my Yamaha keyboard very well, and the height can be adjusted.

Amazon shipped this in an outer box that can hold at least 10 of these stands. Talk about wastage in shipping cost, plastic air bags and cardboard. I hope Amazon addresses this soon, when Wal-mart can optimize packaging, definitely Amazon can do it.
on December 29, 2014
The product was advertised as Yamaha PKBX2 Double X Portable Keyboard Stand!!!!! it was not!!!! it was some Chinese no name brand that is sold for $10 in our local guitar store. (Same one) IT IS NOT YAMAHA corporation of america!

I would also give it a zero if I could, as it was arrived with parts missing, plastics ripped off and broken tight screw.
review image
on November 14, 2007
This is a heavy-duty stand, very sturdy. It was pretty easy to assemble. The only thing I would warn against is that it's designed for a high stool and not for use with a standard chair. I expected to be able to adjust the legs as desribed in the details, which is true, however, the adjustment is limited. I would still recommend purchasing this stand if your looking for an inexpensive, sturdy, well-designed keyboard stand.
on August 25, 2015
Horrible. I had been looking for a keyboard for quite some time and really researched before buying one. While this had mixed reviews I thought I would give it a shot. Horrible mistake. The box arrived and immediately I noticed it was taped back together as if it had been opened and returned once (at least) before. Next I pull each part out, which were individually wrapped, so I thought maybe the box just went through the ringer. I began looking for the hardware and noticed there was none. I immediately pulled out the "directions". There might as well have been none at all. Well the diagram shows that there are four screws (minimum) required for assembly however there were none in the box. While continuing to look to make sure I didn't miss any hardware I began examining the box closer to find that it's not even a Yamaha product. The box states "For keyboards and synthesizers from Yamaha and others". If it weren't for Amazon Prime shipping and their excellent no hassle return, I would be irate. Complete waste of money and time. Don't give the bad reviews he benefit of the doubt like I did.
review image
on November 9, 2008
Let me first start by saying the stand was indeed a pain to put together...It didn't take me too long though (35 minutes or so), but like the other reviewers said, the directions arent the clearest, and you do have to stare at the picture...intently...to figure it out...but it is defiantely do-able. As far as the quality of the stand goes, IT'S EXCELLENT!!! The stand is extremely sturdy; I've had it for about 2 months now with no problem. I noticed some people were a bit peeved because the keyboard is advertised as a Yamaha product, and some people said it didnt fit their Yamaha keyboards. The product is definately NOT a Yamaha brand stand, the logo is no where to be found on the actual product. However, it fits my M-Audio 88-key keyboard just fine. False advertising, bit of a pain to put together, but still a great stand at a great price!
on January 13, 2015
Not only is this product clearly not manufactured Yamaha, but it arrived without any assembly instructions and missing a necessary bolt to put it together. I expect better quality control from Amazon- I advise others to buy this elsewhere and saved the shipping hassle.