Yamaha YPG-535 88-key Portable Grand Keyboard with Matching Stand and Sustain Pedal
The Yamaha Portable Grand, YPG-535 has an easy to use panel, a wealth of piano-centric features including 88 piano-style keys, Graded Soft Touch (GST) action with different levels of resistance, high resolution stereo piano sample and comes with an attractive matching stand, PA-150 energy saving power adapter and sustain pedal.
USB connectivity brings music directly to your keyboard
The YPG-535 has 2 USB ports on the back, USB TO HOST and USB TO DEVICE. USB TO HOST is plug and play simple for recording and playing back MIDI files, as well as transferring data to and from your computer.
USB TO DEVICE is for connecting optional peripheral USB storage devices like floppy disk drives and thumb drives. When a USB flash memory is inserted in this instrument's USB TO DEVICE terminal, user songs created on the instrument and the registered settings can be saved to or loaded from the memory medium. USB flash memory can also be used to transfer song data downloaded from the Internet to the instrument, where it can be used with the performance assistant technology and the Yamaha Education Suite features mentioned below. Furthermore, user songs saved to USB flash memory in MIDI file format can also be used with these features.
Lyric, chord and notation display
Have you ever played a song and wondered what it would look like as sheet music? The YPG-535 can display the score to a song whether it comes from the Internet, the internal selections or ones that you record yourself, and the pages scroll automatically when a song is played back – no more page turning! And for singers, the screen also displays chords and lyrics to XF compatible songs.
Ease of operation
There are many tools in the keyboard that make it easy to be a power user from the first day you own the keyboard.
- Expandable Music Database: Complete keyboard setups by song title. The keyboard selects an appropriate voice for the right hand melody, the correct musical style and the correct tempo. Simply call up a song title and start playing.
- One Touch Setting (OTS): Provides you with a recommended voice with effects for each Style. For example, on a jazz style OTS might be piano, for a Latin style it might be acoustic guitar and for a rock style it might be a guitar with overdrive etc.
- Registration Memory: Set the keyboard up just the way you like and take a digital snapshot by memorizing it to one of the Registration buttons. Load and save up to 16 Registrations to User memory. The Registration buttons are conveniently located just above the keyboard.
- Performance Assistant Technology: Performance assistant technology is a feature from Yamaha that guarantees that you can't play a wrong melody note or chord. Here's how it works. Select a song, press the Performance Assistant button Chord Mode and play the keyboard – any notes you like. Every note you play will fit the music! If you move up the keyboard, the pitch goes up. If you move down, the pitch goes down. Play a perfect arpeggio, or play chords in time with the music, or really "go for it" and play a solo. As long as performance assistant is "on ", you're " on". Imagine being able to give a concert to your friends or relatives the very first day that you bring this remarkable keyboard home. Well, with the YPG-535 and performance assistant technology, you can! This keyboard is the first in the line to offer Chord/Free Mode in addition to Chord Mode described above. Chord/Free Mode allows those that have learned a melody with their right hand to have the keyboard correct the notes of their left hand. This allows you to concentrate on one hand at a time while learning. Play the correct notes with the right and any notes with the left and you're making beautiful music.
Yamaha Education Suite: Helps you learn to play
The YPG-535 has 30 built-in songs plus 70 more on included CD-ROM for you to learn to play using the Yamaha Education Suite. The songs are separated into left and right hand parts, providing 7 levels of lessons plus a convenient chord dictionary.
Three keyboard lessons for each hand
- Waiting Mode – stops the playback of a song until you find the correct note and then continues
- Your Tempo Mode – Learn to play the correct notes with the correct timing. Song playback tempo will vary to match the speed you are playing at. The song will slow down when you play wrong notes, so you can learn at your own pace.
- Minus One Mode – Here's where you can perfect your technique. The song will play at the normal tempo, minus the part you have chosen to play. Play along while listening to the song.
Lesson Grading – monitors your progress as you practice each lesson and gives you a grade.
Repeat and Learn – the song location will move back four measures from the point at which you pressed the button, and playback will begin after a one-measure count-in. This section will repeat allowing you to practice until perfect!
Chord Dictionary – shows you how to play chords and tells you which chords you are playing by displaying the notes and chord names on the LCD screen.
Similar Products to Consider
World Tour Deluxe Padded Keyboard Bench
The World Tour Deluxe Padded Keyboard Bench features has a large 12" x 17" bench seating area with thick foam bench padding ensuring more comfort to keyboard players. This Deluxe padded keyboard bench has a convenient three locking adjustable height positions with non-slip rubber end caps makes it easy and eliminates fatigue. The heavy-duty steel construction makes it sturdy for players up to 250 lbs.
Yamaha YPG-235 76-key Portable Grand Graded-Action USB Keyboard
If you're looking for a reasonably priced piano replacement, look no further than the YPG-235. It is the music student or professional musicians' answer to “I need more keys!” and many music teachers encourage new students to get a keyboard that will grow with their needs.
Yamaha DGX640W Digital Piano (Walnut)
The Yamaha YPT330 personal keyboard is a touch sensitive instrument that features a total of 497 dynamic, authentic voices, including 361 XGlite voices, 13 drum kits and a sound effect kit. The Yamaha YPT-330 personal keyboard also has 106 accompaniment styles and 102 built-in songs.