5.0 out of 5 stars Yamaha Headphones
These headphones rock! They're incredibly comfertable and deliver quality sound (especially bass) which is great! I would recomend these headphones to anyone who is looking for a quality pair of headphones.
Published on January 5, 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, but not really comfortable
The sound is really good but after listening for like half hour, my ear will begin to feel uncomfortable.
Published on November 3, 2001 by wei C. Liu

3.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, but not really comfortable, November 3, 2001
wei C. Liu (Santa Clara, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Yamaha RH3 Closed Ear Headphone with Cushion (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)

2.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Sound; Pitiful Ergonomics, February 13, 2002
Before purchasing these I had read other reviews with a similar message, and figured my ears could surely sacrifice a bit of comfort for some economically priced accoustics. I was wrong. I can't explain exactly why, but these things are QUITE uncomfortable. Perhaps more padding on the ears would help, or less pressure applied by the adjoining headband. Who knows... Seriously consider another set... Currently I can only wear these for about 10-20 minutes at a time before it becomes so uncomfortable that I have to take a break. I have a nagging suspicion that they're actually cutting off some circulation to my upper neck. Definitely considering returning them for this reason alone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Yamaha Rh3, June 6, 2001
Mark Auman (Las Vegas, NV United States) - See all my reviews
The ear cushions are too small and too hard, but the sound is exceptional.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yamaha Headphones, January 5, 2001
By A Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Construction, October 20, 2003
The ear cushions didn't bother me, I actually found these headphones relatively comfortable. However, after daily use for only 8 months, the adjustable plastic portion of the headphones snapped off when removing them from my head. That's just poor material choice. I'm glad I didn't spend much on these.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, March 1, 2008
Vivi (Santa Barbara, Ca USA) - See all my reviews
Pretty good pair of headphones, sound quality was great, comfortable, clear. Decent job of blocking out noise, but the plastic piece that holds the ear piece to the headphone snapped off as I was taking them off. I'd owned them only for about a year.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good till...., December 9, 2007
When I got theese headphones, I was really excited to see the cool collapsible design, and to hear the nice sound quality they had. Yes, they were a bit uncomfortable, but there are far mor worse headphones in this aspect.
HOWEVER... only two months after I got them, the left earcup started bothering. At first it stopped working in small gaps, but if I pressed it hard against my head it would work again. A week later it just stopped working no matter what I did.
Don't know the reason.... maybe it was just those that came a little damaged. It's not bad care I took of them, 'cause headphones are the kind of things I treasure...

Rate and Discover Movies