Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on August 2, 2013
In the past I've used nothing by hi-end Onkyo recievers (about 15 years). After the second Onkyo failed after only 3 years (HDMI section stopped working)I decided it was time to move to another brand. This Yamaha reciever put my Onkyo equipment to shame. I don't use all the bells and whistles that it offers, but it has a solid sound, easy to use interface, and has the power to give crystal clear highs and pounding bass (depending on how old I feel at the time). The only drawback is I can't use my vinyl because it doesn't have a phono input. However, I'm sure I'll figure something out - it's getting harder and harder to find good equipment with phono connections, but you can't match the music from vinyl....
on October 18, 2013
I have another Yamaha stereo in the house RX-1010 but I didn't want to spend another $900 on a receiver so I did some research and ended up with this one. I only have 5.1 surround connected to it but this receiver has everything I need including AirPlay. A great price and a great value since your stereo is only as good as the receiver.

Love the apps that are available to control this from my ipad and iphone. Makes finding the right settings much easier then the regular remote.
on January 30, 2014
My third Yamaha receiver and it doesn't disappoint. I have it wired to my network and can control it from anywhere with my phone or my computer. It sounds as good as the receiver it replaced (RX-V1500), but I have to turn it up a little more because I went from 125W/ch to 90W/ch.

The remote is simple and programmable and everything can be controlled and viewed on the TV through the HDMI. Lots of options and sound programs.

If it lasts as long as the other 2 receivers I had, It'll be worth every penny! My dad is still using my original one that I bought in 1994, and the only reason I got this was because the 1500 didn't have HDMI or the new Dolby/DTS BD audio formats. Being on the network and integrated Pandora is just bonus. I would recommend this to anyone.

And if you read the review by Larry that gave it a 3-stars, consider this. Current high speed HDMI is capable of carrying 4K resolutions. You won't need HDMI 2.0 to do it, so this receiver is capable of doing what it says with 4K. Also, I don't know why he even mentioned USB 3.0 because there aren't many audio/video components out there that need to use it. I will be totally shocked if you ever find a need for more than USB2.0 for anything you can use this receiver for. As far as Airplay, the manual has the steps to use Airplay with the receiver. You don't have to buy a wireless adapter for it, but you do have to run an ethernet cable to it. You have to have it connected through an ethernet cable to run any of the network functions.

Update (10/10/2014) - I just took it in to be repaired a second time. The first was a card that went bad and killed it. This time, the HDMI Out and AV Out stopped working. From what I understand, it might be the same card again. The repairman told me that replacing these cards is a common problem. I couldn't get into the setup without the Video Outs because the setup only works on the TV screen. Fortunately, it's still under warranty so it still hasn't cost me anything but time and inconvenience. I still LOVE this receiver when it's working, but Yamaha's latest tech quality is making me question their commitment to excellence. I've read other reviews of other brands with similar issues, so I'm thinking maybe I got one of the lemons of the bunch. I would still recommend this receiver for sound quality, but I'm sure by now there are receivers in the same price range with more features (wi-fi, 4K processing, etc). If you're looking for an equivalent Yamaha now, you might want to try the RX-V675.
on August 11, 2014
This receiver is awesome! It does everything I need it to do. The upscaling to 1080p is awesome, airplay is fantastic as well as the various sound fields.
on August 23, 2013
An excellent product from Yamaha. I tested this baby out with my Klipsch speakers and SVS pb12-nsd sub and the sound was just amazing. Clear dialog and music and exceptional bass. I haven't tested the AM/FM receivers yet. The receiver is capable of doing all I want it to do and more.
on June 30, 2013
I bought this receiver not from Amazon but from another very reliable vendor who had the same price
This is a very solid unit that has very solid build quality and great sound for the price.
- very good build, feels and looks great. All buttons, knobs, terminals feel very solid.
- large number of sound programs, so you can find sound you like for each type of sound material you are listening to
- very simple and functional graphic interface, makes unit easy to setup
- plenty of power for large bookshelf speakers. I probably would go with more powerful unit for large floor standing speakers
- works great with Airplay. Also iPhone app works very well, so I control this unit from my iPhone. Of cause you need to have it connected to the network to be able to use these futures.
- remote is a bit complicated, but you can learn you way around it or just use iPhone app (it is available for android phones too)

I have a 8 years old Yamaha receiver in the basement HT system and it still runs strong. Rxa730 is from Aventage line, so should be of even better quality, so I expect many years of service and enjoyment from this purchace.
on July 23, 2014
Works well, only problem is zone 2 has limited inputs. We wanted to have the same CDs playing in livingroom and kitchen. We have a optical audio cable into this receiver, but you can't output that to zone 2. That's the only problem, you have limited outputs to zone 2, but they weren't hiding it, I just didn't understand that before buying it. Other than that, I like it.
on March 22, 2016
Highly recommend this product. Amzon won't allow me post my real comments, but the receiver earned its rating.
on March 11, 2014
I have been using a Yamaha receiver for years. I just purchased a Sony W850 series LED TV and wanted to upgrade to a new receiver. I researched many and again settled on the Yamaha for the best in class audio. No disappointment here. The product is solid in every aspect. The app from Yamaha is great for your iPhone or iPad.
No regrets, no cons. A winner and a great value for the price.
on November 8, 2013
My speakers have come to life. I had this amp playing in 1 hour. Using Paradigm 11's and like surrounds. I have to keep checking to see if my center is playing on 2 channel mode due to the spectacular seperation on my mains. Easy everything with this amp. Exceptional value for the money. Could not find anything for under $1800 that sounded better. Highly recommend.