Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

• Customer Reviews

on October 9, 2007
First of all, the PKBB1MM is the same model as the PKBB1. In fact, the box for this bench leaves off the MM suffix. So, it would seem that the same bench is being sold twice on Amazon, for two different prices. Go for whichever is cheaper.

Now, as far as the bench goes, it's not bad, especially for the price. Raising and lowering could be easier--as is, it involves unscrewing a knob, pulling out a bolt, holding a bunch of washers in place, and screwing the knob back into the bolt at the desired height. Not as horrible as it sounds, but could be annoying if you're taking this bench to a gig. If you're using it in your home, however, you'll probably just leave it in one position anyway.

The other downfall of this bench is that its highest setting is not all that high. I'm six feet tall, have a digital piano with the keys positioned at exactly the height of a regular grand piano, and honestly, the bench makes me feel a little short. Two or three inches more height would be perfect.

The upsides are: 1) the cushion is quite comfortable, even for extended playing; it feels almost like visco-elastic foam. 2) The bench is reasonably sturdy and well-built, considering the small size and the low cost.

Overall, I'd recommend this bench for home use, but only because it is dramatically cheaper than anything else in its class.
22 comments|140 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 19, 2008
I have this bench with a Yamaha keyboard and the Yamaha double-x keyboard stand. The bench is small and doesn't take up much space, even folded out, which is great. When folded down, it's a little smaller but thicker than a fold-up chair. It's nicely padded and comfortable. My main complaint is that it only has 3 height settings, and the highest setting isn't high enough for me - I'm about 5'6" and at the highest setting, my elbows bend slightly upward when I'm at the keyboard, which makes it hard to keep straight wrists and curved hands without scrunching my shoulders (which gets uncomfortable and introduces a lot of tenseness in the playing). This bench is adequately stable for an adult who can touch the floor but is not stable enough for a young child who might want to climb or play on it (no way I'd let my 2 1/2 year old, who likes to "play" the keyboard, near this bench by himself). Also, at the highest setting, the legs at the bottom are close together, so the higher you set the bench, the less stable it is.
11 comment|140 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2014
I purchased this item a few days ago and received it promptly. However, when I went to remove the plastics covering the leg braces, I discovered rusted screws. Needless to say, I am going to be returning this for a replacement. The bench does look and feel sturdy and the padding feels very adequate and comfortable for prolonged sitting. On this particular order, I can't trust the integrity of the bench when the screws holding everything together have rust all over them. For now, I'm giving 3 stars and will update if the replacement arrives in better condition.
review image review image review image
on April 18, 2005
I bought this for my children to use with their keyboard. It is ready-assembled and fairly sturdy - perhaps a little on the small side for a large adult, but great for my children aged 9 and under and ok for me (I'm only 5'4)

Nice bench for the price.
on May 29, 2012
Amazon lists the dimensions as 24.2 x 7.2 x 18.5 inches. Yamaha lists the dimensions as 22.25 x 13.5 x 24.25 inches (HLW). When I received the bench today, it lists yet a third set of dimensions on the box which is different than the dimensions listed on Amazon and Yamaha's web sites. I'm almost afraid to actually measure it fearing it will have yet a fourth set of dimensions! The dimensions that Amazon lists appear closer to the dimensions of the box it comes in. The dimensions listed by Yamaha are closer to the assembled dimensions, but not quite - the box it came in says it is 19" high, which seems about right. So, no promises on what size it actually is, but it does look like the picture! I don't think it's worth $69, but the quality appears sufficient. It's just a simple, fixed, wooden bench with a padded vinyl seat. I'd have given it 5 stars if the dimensions weren't so confusing and conflicting.

UPDATE 8/3/13: The actual assembled dimensions as measured to the nearest 1/4" are:
22-1/4" wide
19-1/4" high
13-1/4" deep
33 comments|34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 7, 2010
Like L. Jarlot, I recieved a generic brand bench. I also ordered the Yamaha PKBS1 Single Braced Adjustable X-Style Keyboard Stand, and it was a generic brand as well. There are many other brands out there that cost the same, or LESS than the "YAMAHA" brand, but I spent the extra money because I wanted and trust the YAMAHA brand name. I am not going to return the products because they are not bad quality. I am just dissapointed that they are being advertised as "YAMAHA" products.

If had ordered a generic brand bench, I would be perfectly happy and probably give it a 5 star rating, but I am dissapointed in the false advertisement. Just be prepared for a generic brand bench.
22 comments|51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 31, 2010
This is a good solid piano bench and is not cheap looking. It looks surprisingly good with my electric piano. It's sturdy enough for large adults. I studied most of the piano benches offered on Amazon and read most of the reviews before deciding on this one, and have not regretted choosing it. I just wish I could store some music inside of it.
on November 28, 2015
Shenannigans!! This is NOT a Yamaha product as the listing would lead you to believe. It's a generic off-brand bench. Buyer beware. It's relatively cheap and I need it right away, so I'm not going to bother to return it. But the listing needs to be amended to reflect the truth. If you are buying this expecting traditional Yamaha professional quality, look elsewhere.
review image
on April 25, 2009
I am 5'5" and this bench is too high even at its lowest setting: I can't sit with my knees at a 90 degree angle. I would have drilled another hole to get the right height, but to use the bench I'd also have to reupholster it, and that's just not worth it. The seat is hard as a rock - I felt uncomfortable after just one minute, and I had some padding of my own to contribute. Changing heights involves two washers, a long bolt, and a large knob--it's a pain, but only takes about half a minute. The bench seems to be sturdy, but I'm not going to find out if it's durable because I'm sending it right back. It would be nice to see something sized for an average woman instead of a tall man; unfortunately, this seems to be the only product on the market in the under-100 price range.
on November 7, 2009
Comes unassembled, takes one minute to put together. It seems quite sturdy, like a bench should be.