- Free 60-Day Tech Support: This item is eligible for FREE Tech Support for 60 days from the date of delivery. Over the phone, our trained technicians can help you set up, configure, connect, and troubleshoot so you can start enjoying your new purchase. Owners of qualifying products can reach Tech Support by selecting your product on the Contact Us page. Learn more
Yamaha YHT-494BL 5.1-Channel Complete Home Theater System (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
- The latest HDMI with support for 3D and Audio Return Channel
- 5.1 channels with 600 watts of powerful sound (100W x 5 + 100W subwoofer)
- Super slim sound bar (2" high) can be placed in front of most TVs
- 6-1/2" 100W Advanced YST subwoofer with Linear Port
- Exclusive Yamaha technologies such as CINEMA DSP and Compressed Music Enhancer
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
Yamaha YHT-494 5.1-Channel Complete Home Theater System: A Total Cinematic Experience
Yamaha knows music like no one else, because only Yamaha does it all--from music creation through reproduction. Yamaha crafts the widest range of premium instruments, from pianos to woodwinds to drums, to give artists their voice. Yamaha creates innovative studio tools so producers can record and mix songs and soundtracks. And Yamaha fills stadiums and concert halls with beautifully amplified sound to raise audiences to their feet. That means that Yamaha uses its knowledge of all aspects of audio design to bring the music to life in your home with the best in home theater and audio.
The Yamaha YHT-494 home theater system is a 3D-compatible "home theater in a box" that delivers clear and dynamic sound from an HD-Audio-capable AV receiver featuring a 1080p HDMI repeater (4 in/1 out), a low and slim front speaker, compact surround speakers, and an Advanced YST subwoofer. The addition of exclusive Yamaha sound technologies make the YHT-494 the perfect choice for an immersive home theater experience at a strong value.
1080p-Compatible HDMI Repeater with 3D
The YHT-494 offers HDMI repeater (reception and transmission of HDMI signals) up to 1080p resolution, maintaining the highest possible quality from the digital input to your HD monitor. With four HDMI inputs, you can connect four high-definition AV sources. You also get the benefits of Deep Color (30/36 bit), the x.v.Color Standard, high refresh rate, and Lip Sync (automatic synching of audio and video).
The YHT-494 Supports Deep Color (30/36-bit) Transmission
The Yamaha YHT-494 supports the latest HDMI 30- and 36-bit color depths, improved from the 24-bit depth of previous versions. This "Deep Color" allows the rendering of billions of colors for far greater accuracy. Colors are so vivid they seem to jump off the screen, with perfectly smooth tonal transitions and ultra-fine gradations between colors. It also enables many times more shades of gray, for higher contrast ratio.
Adjustable Feet for Easy Placement of the Soundbar
The YHT-494 has feet that can be adjusted horizontally and vertically, making it easy to position in your home theater with TVs ranging from 32 to 50 inches. You can even remove the feet for alternative mounting options.
SCENE: A New Level of Operating Ease
Four SCENE buttons make operating the receiver easier than ever. They are initially set to default settings for DVD Viewing, Disc Listening, TV Viewing and Radio Listening. Pressing a SCENE button automatically launches a number of operations that initiate play of the source controlled by that button. Other SCENE settings are also available, such as iPod Listening, TV Sports Viewing, and Action Game Playing. Browsing and selecting the settings is quickly accomplished by rotating the Input knob and watching the on-screen display. The settings can be selected for one-time use, or they can replace the original default settings. You can even change the SCENE names for convenience.
Audio Delay Compensation Keeps Your Experience On Track
The latest display devices perform complex internal processing, causing time lag in the video signal. It is a small difference, but because the audio arrives first, the viewer may feel that something is not natural. The Audio Delay function for adjusting Lip-Sync matches the audio to the timing of the output of the video on the screen.
CINEMA DSP Digital for Enhanced Surround Realism
Conventional multi-channel audio reproduction systems base their sound on Dolby Digital and DTS decoding, using matrix and steering technologies to create surround sound effects. Yamaha CINEMA DSP is much more advanced, actually creating richly realized independent sound fields that envelop you in an unmatched surround sound experience. With dialogue, music and effects ideally located in these separate sound fields, you will hear sound with accurate placement, smooth movement, exceptional clarity and richness, and startlingly realistic presence. It will seem as if the walls of your room have disappeared and you are in the middle of your own immense theater.
Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control)
Yamaha's Adaptive DRC technology automatically adjusts the dynamic range of the sound according to the volume that is selected. Adaptive DRC refines the dynamic range parameters to make low volume sounds easier to hear (narrower dynamic range) while retaining the massiveness felt during high volume (wider dynamic range). And because our ears lose sensitivity to low and high sounds as volume decreases, it continually adjusts these frequency ranges according to the volume and to the input signal level.
SILENT CINEMA and Virtual CINEMA DSP
SILENT CINEMA makes it possible to hear large-scale surround sound through ordinary headphones! This is a variation of CINEMA DSP technology that Yamaha developed to let you listen in private to movies and other multi-channel sources for hours without listening fatigue. Virtual CINEMA DSP lets you enjoy the effects of CINEMA DSP surround sound without using surround speakers (handy for use in custom installations where some rooms don't have surround speakers). It can be used with the front / center / presence speakers or even with just the two front left and right speakers.
Compressed Music Enhancer Refreshes Your Music
When music is encoded in a digital compressed format such as MP3, frequency response suffers in the high and low ranges. Yamaha employs sophisticated digital signal processing with exclusive algorithms, enabling faithful reproduction of the original music, for excellent sound quality.
- Minimum RMS Output Power per Channel: 100 W x 5 (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9% THD)
- Dynamic Power per Channel (Front L/R): 110/130/160/180 W (8/6/4/2 ohms)
- Frequency Response (AV5, Front): 10 Hz–100 kHz +0, -3 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (AV5, Front SP Out): 0.06% (1 kHz, 50 W/8 ohms)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (AV5, Input Shorted): 98 dB (250 mV)
- Video Monitor Out Frequency Response: 5 Hz–60 MHz ±3 dB (component video signal)
- Standby Power Consumption: 0.5 W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/8" x 6" x 12-3/8"
- Weight: 16.5 lbs
- Frequency Response: 30 Hz–20 kHz
- Drivers: 1 1/2" x 3 3/4" cone x 3
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 31-1/2" x 2" x 2-3/4"
- Weight: 3.4 lbs
- Driver: 2 1/2" cone full-range driver
- Input Power (Nominal/Max): 30 W / 80 W
- Sensitivity: 81 dB/2.83 V/1 m
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 3-1/2" x 4-3/4" x 4-7/8"
- Weight: 1.1 lbs/unit (with stand)
- Output Power: 100 W
- Driver: 6 1/2" cone
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 10-3/8" x 10-3/8" x 12-1/2"
- Weight: 15.2 lbs
- Receiver (HTR-3063)
- Speaker System
- Front Speaker System including Center Speaker (NS-BR300)
- Surround Speakers (NS-B285)
- Subwoofer (NS-SW280)
Optional Accessories (Sold Separately)
Yamaha YDS-12 Universal Dock for iPod/iPhone The optional YDS-12 Universal Dock lets you connect your iPod or iPhone to the receiver. And the YDS-12 is "Works with iPhone"-certified, so you can get the most out of your iPhone music library with zero hassles. Yamaha YBA-10 Bluetooth® Wireless Audio Receiver The optional YBA-10 supports A2DP audio streaming, enjoying music wirelessly from Bluetooth-enabled mobile phones, Windows PCs and Macs.
Read about our customers' top-rated sound bars on our Sound Bar Reviews page.
Top Customer Reviews
It's just the sound bar, which blends in right below your tv. 2 satellite cube speakers and a 100 watt powered sub. It took me a while to wire everything and then you have a set up menu to get best performance from the size of space your in. You have like 7 movie options and 7 music options to use. Simply try each one to determine the best sound. Also, the receiver is very nice. The highs sound crisp and clear. The mids are ok. The lows sound great once you find best area for the sub.
I am by no means an audiophile, but I know what sounds good and yamaha hits the mark. Very high
quality construction and performance. Great product.
- Relatively easy to install
- Good value for the money
- Good sound
- 3D and Blue ray capabilities
- It is not interactive (no screen menu)
- It does not handle HD sound (available in Blue Rays and many DVDs)
- Installation instructions and manual are only available on CD and are a bit difficult to follow
- Front speaker bar, which contains the right, left and center speakers is nice looking but it does not deliver. Left speaker stopped working after two months; I replaced the sound bar with individual speakers and it was the best thing I could have ever done.
- Cables look cheap; I followed the advice circulating on the internet and bought a good set of cables (Monster Cables).
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great Sound...I love it....It's great for living in apartment or studio. Feels like I'm in a theater. Sounds good with blu rayPublished on June 28, 2013 by Amazon Customer
Bought this to replace a 7yr old Sony prologic surround sound system. The quality is not quite as good though. Read morePublished on December 24, 2012 by Ricardo
Seems to be a very good product.Manual was not very good for beginners but i managed to get it set up and tweak itPublished on January 22, 2012 by buddy posey
after a long reviewed other products, this is the best, the price, the functions and options are great. Read morePublished on April 23, 2011 by Beto CL