5.0 out of 5 stars 1st Amazon review...pleasantly impressed
This is my 1st surround sound system. I took a chance with this since all the others (Onkyo, Samsung, Sony) seemed either to problematic or not robust enough for the price. The box was huge but everything inside was really well packaged.

Published on September 8, 2011 by tron415

2.0 out of 5 stars Get what you pay for
I purchased the yamaha YHT-895 BL on a budget. Now i have buyers remorse. For the price I should not complain. 599. gets you the bottom of the line yamaha receiver and 6 low end speakers, plus a powered sub thats 45 watts. I have only my self to blame for my purchase I should have listened to my gut and bought my items seprate. Be aware that high end performance...
Published 23 months ago by Pen Name

5.0 out of 5 stars 1st Amazon review...pleasantly impressed, September 8, 2011
This review is from: Yamaha YHT-895BL Complete 7.1-Channel Home Theater System (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)

I set it all up really quick without the need for the instructions which were either on a Quick guide sheet or the included CD-ROM manual. I used the YPAO mic for auto calibration and from that point everything just worked. I have my PS3, Xbox360 and Comcast 3D DVR box (as well as my old Sony mini-disc player) hooked up to it which in turn is hooked up to my 73" 3DTV. The remote while confusing at first has alot of options and is organized by section. I tested the 7.1 channel sound and 3D capabilities by popping in Tron Legacy. It was amazing both picture and sound was perfect for my medium sized living room. The subwoofer is very powerful and I have the volume set a tad higher the 1 or 2. No way in hell would I need to turn it up to medium or max without neighbors complaining. I'm saying this without much knowledge of the other HTiB systems out there but I think this is the best you can buy for the price of $800. Grab a set of 4 Yamaha speaker stands from ebay for $50 with free shipping and your all set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome set, February 16, 2012
I started reviewing home theater in a box set, since I did not want to go through the pain of finding receivers, and separate speakers. After trying one from a different company which did not work for video as well, and had multiple issues, I had to return and get the yamaha. The sound quality is breathtaking. The device also looks great, all black with Yamaha logos. I have the unit for past 8 months and I have all my devices connected to Yamaha receiver and then a HDMI connection to Samsung 46" 1080p TV. I have a Panasonic Blu ray player, google TV and a Panasonic VCR (yes a VCR) connected to the receiver. I also have a Audio cable for connecting an android phone and iphone connected to it. The subwoofer is awesome. I have watched few movies to test (Narnia, Mary Poppins, willy Wonka chocolate factory). I stream lot of shows through this. I don't have Cable TV, but have OTA system. The Yamaha system has no issues with any of the inputs. The Google TV remote also controls the yamaha receiver. There are several Music/Video selections, and it takes several months to master all of the controls in this system. Overall if you are looking to buy a HTIB this is an awesome selection. Oh, yes, I ordered 100ft of high quality cable from Amazon and cable cutter and did my own custom wiring. I did not even open Yamaha's wiring pouches. RCA AH14100SN 100 Ft. 14-Gauge Speaker Wire and Irwin Industrial Tools 2078309 8-Inch Multi Tool Stripper, Cutter and Crimper with ProTouch Grips both purchased from Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Way under-rated, June 6, 2012
This is supposed to be a sound system in a box, but it exceeds that... This system is top of the line for sound. Yamaha makes great stuff. The sub-woofer does not over power the rest of the sound system, but it can if you want it to. I have this set up in a 12' wide x 22' long theater room. The sound system is set in overhead cabinet system that houses the wiring and the screen (about 14" deep and 12" high). The sound is fabulous and can actually drive you out of the room if you get too much volume. This system could run well in rooms larger than mine and still have plenty of power. The sound is crisp, the lows are great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be happier!, May 10, 2012
I've had this up and running now for about two weeks, and I couldn't be happier with how easy it was to set up and how great the sound is. I upgraded to this system because an old Sony All-in-one was dying and I wanted something I could connect more components to -- especially my turntable. The main selling point for me was that, although the system is branded as a Home Theater in a box, it is VERY important to know that the speakers can be used with ANY stereo receiver, should something go wrong with one thing before the other. My old Sony was useless because the speakers it came with were only compatible with THAT Sony unit. I'll never make that mistake again. And the quality of these speakers is stellar. No more tinny treble and over-thunderous bass. I do wish it had an EQ on the front panel, rather than having to do it onscreen, but hey - it least it HAS an EQ, which is more than I can say for many of the cheaper all-in-ones. The sound quality is pristine, and the user interface couldn't be easier. It's been a long time since I've had an old-type set up with a receiver and multiple components, but having gone the other way for a few years, I don't think I'll ever go back. The USB port for iPod in the front has a great on screen menu, and it's nice that the 895BL will also charge the iPod. Kudos to Yamaha for making a great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thundering sub, December 11, 2011
Very nice sound system. Handles the dynamic range very well. Very good for both music and movies. The subwoofer is amazing in and of itself and the upscaling is a nice feature (PS2 games look pretty decent through it). The remote has lots of buttons, but that is because this unit has lots of functionality. If you are an audiophile, or just wanting a nice sound system for your entertainment area, this is easily worth it.

I hook my PS2, PS3, DVD, XBOX360, and computer through it. It also has a loop-around so you can transfer audio from your TV through the receiver should you wish to bypass it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product., May 9, 2014
Very well packaged but very heavy. Need 2 people to carry the box or a dolly. Great product, very well built, fantastic quality of material. Works as advertised. Highly satisfied with the purchase. Great sound quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars good system, October 12, 2013
havent still use the 7.1 (i live in a studio so no space for the middle ones) but overall i like it, be carefull with the usb port is not that sturdy mine is already inside the device so rended useless but i got a bluetooth receiver so it works better now:) since i can transmit also from android phones

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing sound, April 25, 2013
Best money I have ever spent on an in the box kit. Nothing compares to Yamahas quality. The speakers are heavy and built solid. I remember seeing the old radios in multiple houses growing up. The old ones with the record players on top and they were always a Yamaha!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, December 30, 2012
Received this unit and was/is what I expected. Easy to setup, just make sure that you purchase a good quality speaker wire since what they send with the unit is real and I mean real cheap. Have no complaints as of now, we'll see later down the road.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, September 26, 2012
learned a bit about this from other reviews and a little internet research and am quite happy with how it all turned out wish it had a usb video input but other than that great sound and all the other features I was looking for, very happy with purchase and input from other reviewers! thanks

Rate and Discover Movies