Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Yamaha YIT-W12 Wireless Transmitter for iPod/iPhone/iPad and Mac/PC
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 26, 2013
1) If your phone is in a case, no matter how thin, this dongle will not plug in completely. You'll have to take the phone out of the case. For reference, I have an iPhone 4S in a slim Ivyskin case. If they'd made the plug even 1/8" longer, it probably would've worked with the case on.

2) It is extremely unclear in the manual that this product will not work from a Mac or PC unless you go into the setup for the soundbar you're streaming to and turn on the iPod Interlock under yAired.

3) It also won't work on a Mac unless you go into the Sound preferences and select the device as the output device.

4) And now the worst part: when streaming from a computer (in my case a Mac), it takes FOREVER -- I've had it take over a minute -- to make a connection to the soundbar and start playing. And if you pause playback, it drops the yAired connection completely, and when you start playing again it'll take FOREVER to make a new connection from scratch. And all the time it is trying to make that connection, your music or audiobook is playing but you're not hearing it. Also note that when you pause playback on the Mac or PC, it not only drops the yAired connection, it starts accepting input from wherever it was accepting input before (in my case this is usually the TV). This is very annoying, especially if you've paused the playback in order to take a phone call.

5) Having a dongle is stupidity in itself when bluetooth works so much better and faster and more seamlessly. I bought the YP-3300 soundbar because I needed 4 HDMI inputs. The downscale model, the YP-2200 with only 3 HDMI inputs, *does* do bluetooth streaming, but the YP-3300 doesn't. That's why I had to buy this poorly-designed moronic dongle.

The only reason I gave this 2 stars instead of 1 is because, once it FINALLY makes a connection, the streaming is flawless. Admittedly I'm quite close (~10 feet) from the soundbar and have clear line-of-sight, so I would expect it to be flawless; I'm just saying at least they didn't screw up that part.
on February 17, 2015
I should have payed more attention to the previous reviews about the YIT-W12 available in Amazon and elsewhere. I purchased the YIT-W12 to be paired wireless with Yamaha YSP-3300 (very good sound-bar) but it simply doesn't work. In addition to the hassle of having very short length connector to fit the I-Phone or I-Pad (it needs to remove the protecting covers of both to connect the transmitter), the YIT-W12 takes forever to establish a wireless connection even a few inches from the sensor location at the unit (YSP-3300). Unbelievable how Yamaha releases a poor product like this one while most competitor's sound-bar and others from Yamaha as well use blue-tooth. I returned that to Amazon.
on January 24, 2013
This little device works great with my iPhone 4 and my new Yamaha YAS-201. I'm sure audiophiles will nit-pick, but if you don't have space for a stereo, and you're happy with above average sound from your iTunes collection then this may be the gadget for you.

The Yamaha YAS-201 doesn't quite compete with more expensive soundbars. Dialogue is great, explosions are deep and filled with bass but that middle ground is average and I have to pump up the volume to 10 to get a satisfying sound for action films. Having said that, for the price I think it performs quite well. I mention this because the music performance is dictated by the soundbar...so the music generally sounds great but on non-rock music it sounds a little 'tinny'. Certainly no match for a dedicated stereo.

This dongle clips neatly into the charging port of your iPhone (refer to Yamaha for list of compatible devices) and automatically picks up the transmitting device. A couple of blinking lights help with trouble shooting. For what it is, the device is nicely made and not cheap looking. It also has a port and supplied cable so you can still charge via USB while you play your music. However, I didn't notice a big drain on the battery when I wasn't charging. The wireless range is not huge, but if you keep the device within about 4 metres of the soundbar, you should be fine.

My only complaint is that maybe this could have been included with the soundbar but then I guess not everyone has an Apple product. Further, Apple has now switched to a different charging port on their devices (ie iPhone 5) so I guess this is already obsolete even though it has just been released.
on March 31, 2013
Attached the yit into my ipod and start to play wav files from it. My yas -201 automatically turn on and sounds great. With just little volume from the ipod, it already sounded loud. After a few seconds you stop playing music, the yas will also automatically turn off. Nice feature if you play the ipod in separate room from the yas. One single negative thing is there will be a refrence from other wireless signal , like a wireless internet connection. I think other wireless music streaming would have the same problem.
Overall it's play superior sound compare to a bluetooth streaming.
on May 8, 2014
The connection with my ysp3300 is quick ans easy to use (just switch the canal to C)
The very very big inconvénient ils the wifi into the room. Switch IT off before use a YIT
Also the path between YIT and the sound device must be clear and <7m
Last point : try to find a way to connect directly via my android via Bluetooth... Nop
on December 29, 2013
The transmitter arrived as promised before Christmas.
It has connected to our sound bar without any problems.
The only issue is that it is still only available in the older I product connector, not the newer lightning connector.
on November 8, 2014
does not work well, would not recommend it.
on February 18, 2014
It worked right out of the box and works great. I did have to take off my iPod cover to make a connection but that is not a big deal.
on September 20, 2013
Plug on to the iPad and play the music. Simple as that. Auto switch off is excellent.Sham that the device has to be orderd from US.
on February 21, 2015
Poor connectivity. To much work to get it to communicate