Enjoy an authentic grand piano-like touch--heavier in the low end, lighter in the high, and amazingly responsive--with the Yamaha YPG-635 88-key portable grand piano. It has a weighted graded hammer action keyboard, and the cabinet has wood accents and an attractive matching stand that puts you and your keyboard at the correct recommended height. And to make sure you never run out of notes, the YPG-635 features 64 notes of polyphony.
Yamaha's 88-key weighted graded hammer action YPG-635 keyboard.
Lyric, Chord And Notation Display
The YPG-635 can display the score to a song whether it comes from the Internet, the internal selections or ones that you record yourself, and the pages scroll automatically when a song is played back--no more page turning. And for singers, the screen also displays chords and lyrics to XF compatible songs. And for those that want to learn to play, notation adds a new dimension to the Yamaha Education Suite, allowing you to hear a song while you follow the notes in the display.
USB Connectivity Brings Music Directly To Your Keyboard
The YPG-635 has 2 USB ports on the back with the following functionality
- USB TO HOST is plug and play simple for recording and playing back MIDI files, as well as transferring data to and from your computer.
- USB TO DEVICE is for connecting optional peripheral USB storage devices like floppy disk drives and thumb drives. When a USB flash memory is inserted in this instrument's USB TO DEVICE terminal, user songs created on the instrument and the registered settings can be saved to or loaded from the memory medium. USB flash memory can also be used to transfer song data downloaded from the Internet to the instrument, where it can be used with the performance assistant technology and the Yamaha Education Suite features mentioned below. Furthermore, user songs saved to USB flash memory in MIDI file format can also be used with these features.
Ease of Operation
There are many tools in the keyboard that make it easy to be a power user from the first day you own the keyboard.
- Expandable Music Database: Complete keyboard setups by song title. The keyboard selects an appropriate voice for the right hand melody, the correct musical style and the correct tempo. Simply call up a song title and start playing.
- One Touch Setting (OTS): Provides you with a recommended voice with effects for each Style. For example, on a jazz style OTS might be piano, for a Latin style it might be acoustic guitar and for a rock style it might be a guitar with overdrive etc.
- Registration Memory: Set the keyboard up just the way you like and take a digital snapshot by memorizing it to one of the Registration buttons. Load and save up to 16 Registrations to User memory. The Registration buttons are conveniently located just above the keyboard.
- Performance Assistant Technology: Performance assistant technology is a feature from Yamaha that guarantees that you can't play a wrong melody note or chord. Here's how it works. Select a song, press the Performance.
The USB ports on the rear of the keyboard allow you to play back MIDI files, record songs played on the keyboard, and transfer files from your computer.
Yamaha Education Suite
The YPG-635 has 30 built-in songs plus 70 more on included CD-ROM for you to learn to play using the Yamaha Education Suite. The songs are separated into left and right hand parts, providing 7 levels of lessons plus a convenient chord dictionary.
- Three keyboard lessons for each hand
- Waiting Mode: stops the playback of a song until you find the correct note and then continues.
- Your Tempo Mode: Learn to play the correct notes with the correct timing. Song playback tempo will vary to match the speed you are playing at. The song will slow down when you play wrong notes, so you can learn at your own pace.
- Minus One Mode: Here's where you can perfect your technique. The song will play at the normal tempo, minus the part you have chosen to play. Play along while listening to the song.
- Lesson Grading – monitors your progress as you practice each lesson and gives you a grade.
- Repeat and Learn – The song location will move back four measures from the point at which you pressed the button, and playback will begin after a one measure count-in. This section will repeat allowing you to practice until perfect!
- Chord Dictionary – shows you how to play chords and tells you which chords you are playing by displaying the notes and chord names on the LCD screen.
6-Track Sequencer: Record Your Own Music
Imagine capturing your child's first performance or writing and recording your own songs. With the YPG-635, you have the equivalent of a built-in multi-track recorder to record one or multiple instrument parts at a time and assign each part to a different track. Six tracks are provided to accommodate sophisticated melodies, chord accompaniment and rhythm parts.
It comes with an attractive matching stand.
- 2-Way Speaker System: Separate woofers and tweeters deliver sounds with clarity and precision for more lifelike instrument voices.
- Bass Boost System: A special port on each speaker adds a powerful impact to bass sound reproduction.
- Stereo (Not just 2 Speakers): We all know that stereo sound adds realistic character and spatial depth. But how can you tell if the portable keyboard you're looking to purchase is stereo or not? With Yamaha, the answer is simple. All Yamaha Portable Keyboards are true stereo.
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP): Enhances sound quality with sophisticated digital effects like Harmony, Reverb & Chorus.
- Advanced Wave Memory (AWM): Yamaha Advanced Wave Memory technology delivers amazingly realistic sound.
Yamaha has long been a world leader in digital signal processing technology. In fact, Yamaha professional audio products are found in most professional recording studios around the world. The YPG-635 takes full advantage of this know-how, giving you an extensive range of twenty-nine, top-quality reverb effects that simulate playing in everything from a small room to a large spacious concert hall and twenty-four chorus effects that add richness to electric pianos and guitars in particular and 182 DSP types for adding everything from distorted guitars to rotary speaker effects. You'll also find 26 types of Harmony effects for your melody part.
Full Keyboard Mode
The YPG-635 delivers on its piano theme with a special mode of fingering called Full Keyboard Mode. This allows the player to play the keyboard like a piano; for example a chord with the right hand and bass notes with the left. When using the accompaniment feature, the virtual band will follow these chords. Traditional portable keyboards normally require you to chord on the left side of the keyboard, in the bass section, which is foreign to most piano players. The YPG-635 is also capable of this mode, for those who prefer it.
Digital Music Notebook
Digital Music Notebook is a multimedia Internet service that enables you to preview, purchase, download and print learn-to-play music books and chart-topping sheet music. From scales to chords to your favorite riffs, Digital Music Notebook is jam-packed with all the secrets you need to master your instrument. Add accompaniments, record and mix yourself, sing karaoke with friends, learn new techniques while having a blast--Digital Music Notebook delivers everything you need to bring music alive! And it's included with the YPG-635.
Realistic Sounding Voices
The YPG-635 comes equipped with 130 panel voices, 12 drum/SFX kits plus 361 XGlite voices. Special voices include Sweet! Clarinet, Trumpet, Muted Trumpet, Flute, Pan Flute, Soprano & Tenor Saxes, Trombone, Cool! Voices including Galaxy Electric Piano, Suitcase Electric Piano, Electric Piano, Organ and Rotor Organ and Live! Voices including Grand Piano, Warm Grand Piano and Orchestra.
- Sweet! Voices reproduce all the natural expression and vibrato of their respective acoustic instruments
- Cool! Voices feature long samples of electronically amplified instruments
- Live! Voices use stereo samples to ensure the most accurate reproduction of each instrument's natural presence, resonance and vibrato
- Dual Mode allows you to combine two voices across the keyboard at the same time--for example piano and strings.
- Split Mode allows you to select a different voice for each hand--for example piano for your right and bass for your left. The combinations are limited only by your imagination.
64 Note Polyphony and 16 Part Multi Timbrel
In electronic keyboards, the more sounds made at the same time--polyphony--the more memory is needed. Obviously, more is always better, because too little polyphony can cause dropouts in dense passages of music. The YPG-635 has 64 notes of polyphony and will play back 16 different parts or sounds at once (16-part multi timbrel); enough for the most demanding needs.
Just what the teacher ordered! A fully adjustable metronome is just a button push away.