Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on January 17, 2006
This is the best keyboard with 61 keys. I should know because I tested practically all of them. Also, all the stores the specialize in music instruments carry Yamaha keyboards. No other. That was a pretty good sign to me when I went to the music stores here in Maryland and saw nothing but Yamaha. This keyboard has the best piano sound out of Casio, Sharper Image and Radio Shack. Radio Shack would come in second. It has more voices then the others. Don't be turned off by it not having a power adapter because that seems to be the industry standard. Casio and Radio Shack also charge more for you to buy a power adapter. Definitely buy this one ahead of Casio. If you're turned off by the price, then get a radio shack one. You won't lose much quality with the sound.
0Comment85 of 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 9, 2006
A few months ago I was "drafted" into playing in a band - something I'd never done before. I'd taken lessons and played piano while in grade school, but that was about it.

My new band needed immediate competency and support. I went [to Costco, unfortunately - it's actually cheaper here] and bought this, thinking that it was a "port in a storm." They even threw in a little folding stand...

The keyboard has vastly exceeded my expectations. It delivered a very wide array of useful features, has most any interface you'd want or need, and got me playing competently right away. I was pleased and proud to be able to transpose painlessly (a must for a duffer) so as to match my more experienced bandmates, and had a ball in the process.

It has touch-sensitive kays (something normally found in much more expensive items), a very convincing piano effect, and a lot more.

Just yesterday I sold it to a good friend, and felt 100% great about it. It is a versatile, useful piece, and you'll never regret buying it...it will rekindle your love of playing music.
0Comment51 of 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 7, 2006
The correct stand for this unit is the Yamaha L-3C. It uses three bolts to attach to the keyboard, very stable. Not currently available on Amazon, but available through several other on-line sellers. And, this is a really great unit for the price. Priced considerably higher by other sellers.
0Comment36 of 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2006
Please note that despite comments in earlier reviews, the YPT-300 I just received from Amazon included the AC Adapter. I had already ordered an adapter because all the Amazon reviews said it did not come with the YPT-300. Now I'm stuck paying the return shipping for the adapter that I did not need afterall. You may want to wait and see what comes in your shipment of the YPT-300 before purchasing an adapter.

The YPT-300 sound quality is excellent as are all Yamaha products. It is light-weight and easy to move around. The display is easy to read, but does not always correctly show the actual notation, it may transpose a note to a lower octave if it runs out of room in the display.
0Comment24 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 25, 2006
I bought the YPT-300AD in order to practice voice, which I just recently started studying, and I've been extremely pleased with it. The ability to record short pieces is particularly helpful because it allows me to play a scale once and then sing along with it. One feature that I'm finding absolutely invaluable is the ability to transpose the keyboard by +/- 12 half-steps. Since it's a bit of a chore for me to learn the fingering for a given scale in a key other than C, it's nice to be able to simply transpose the keyboard and then play the scale as though it were C. It would be nice if the transposition were reflected in the LCD readout of the notes, but that's a minor point.
0Comment23 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2007
I wanted an inexpensive but capable keyboard, and the Yamaha YPT-300AD fills the bill. It's 61 keys give a very useful 5-octave range within a compact package. One of the most important features for an inexpensive keyboard is velocity sensitive keys, meaning the harder you press, the louder the resulting sound. This is important to get a true piano keyboard feel. The keys aren't weighted, another piano keyboard characteristic, but weighted keys usually are only on $400+ grand piano keyboards, and the YPT-300 does have a realistic grand piano sound (voice) at a very reasonable price.

Asside from the playing characteristcs. the other features that make the YPT-300 a great buy are the number of different instruments (voices) that are available. Also, the keyboard can be split so one instrument can be played on part of the keys and another completely different instrument played on the other keys. And for a beginner, the onboard, visual Yamaha Educational System (YES) is a great plus.

All-in-all, for the price it is hard to find a more capable quality keyboard -- I know, I looked, and looked!
on January 18, 2007
I have been playing piano for about 33 years and this is my first electric keyboard. I purchased it because my piano is currently in storage and I missed playing. I must say that it exceeds all of my expectations. Yamaha has really captured the piano sound and clarity. I like the sustain feature and use it to create a more piano-like sound. Without it, the tones are rather choppy. My only grip is the position of middle "c." On a piano, the "c" is situated in the middle of the unit. The middle "c" on this model is about four keys off to the left and takes some getting used to. Other than this, it is an excellent sound for the money.
on January 2, 2007
We purchased this keyboard with very specific expectations in mind, so we're basing our review on how it has met them:

1.Full-sized keys

2.Touch sensitive keys

3.Sound quality most resembling a real piano

4.User friendly

Our child immediately took to this keyboard, and contrary to what we thought, he doesn't become too distracted by the extra bells and whistles buttons. He has a good time exploring them, and then goes back to his practice. It is lightweight but sturdy- I wouldn't recommend drop testing it, but I believe it to be worthy of what we paid for it, and I'm certain that it will meet our needs until we are ready and have the room for a full sized piano. We visited a few stores and explored many options before settling on this one. I agree that Yamaha has the best sound quality for an affordable keyboard. Just make sure you go with touch sensitive, full-sized keys. The only drawback to this keyboard that I found was that the keys are not weighted, and it's not a full 88 keys, but you won't find those features on such an affordable keyboard. Once we were assured by the piano instructor that it was a small concern, we decided to forego the weighted keys and save the money for a real piano down the road. Having said that though, this is certainly not a toy. It's truly functional for serious practice, and provides enough motivation for those who need it.

We haven't explored the educational suite or even read the manual yet, so we can't attest to the technicalities of the programable features, but if you want a recommendation for a Superior keyboard aside from all extras, this is it.
on July 5, 2006
This keyboard has a neat design and all the features I ever wanted , user song memory, voice bank and multi note ployphony.AC adapter comes in the box.
on December 16, 2006
You'll see the PSR-E303 in music stores. They bundle it with the Yamaha Survival Kit B which includes DVD, Pedal, AC Adapter, 2-yr extended warranty and headphones.

I found out that these two keyboards are identical when I downloaded the manual and it's the same manual and all the specs are the same.

This seems like the one to get since it's the cheapest one with Touch sensitive keys. I've just ordered one.

See 1 answered question