Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on July 29, 2005
I work for the band and orchestra division of a national music retailer and this is our student model horn of choice as well as that of most music directors in the area...AVOID anything made is CHINA...JEAN BAPTISTE, and anything with a colored tint or spray to it...they sound like crap...and don't get your kids horn at Walmart, COSTCO, or SAMS...you can't get them fixed because they don't sell parts to repair shops...
11 comment| 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 20, 2010
Trumpet I purchased was exactly as described and perfect for my granddaughter in 6th grade who is beginning band this year. The trumpet arrived much more quickly than the date given online, which was very much appreciated as classes had already begun. I felt the price was affordable for our budget and checked out fine by music supply company.
on August 9, 2012
This trumpet not only plays well, it is very durable. The valves almost never stick. I can literally let the trumpet sit in the case for 2 months, take it out and play it without even oiling it(Not recommended) and the valves still work wonderfully. I still use this horn as a back up to my Yamaha Xeno. Truth be told, this trumpet plays almost as well as professional models. It has a very bright sound, is free blowing, and maintains good tone quality in both the upper and lower registers. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this model to any skill level of trumpet player.
on August 13, 2012
Item arrived quickly and was exactly as described. Seems like a perfect "upgrade" from a student Bach which had a tinny sound and sluggish valves. I own a Yamaha French horn and this seems to be of similar quality; perfect for my daughter who seems to be serious with continuing with band. I would recommend this as an intermediate grade instrument for grammar and high school band students.
on March 30, 2011
When I was in band I had an off brand trumpet. I was amazed at how easy it is to play this trumpet after not playing for many years. The slides and keys work easily. The sound is also great.
on August 23, 2012
Bought for my son who's in beginner band class...he loves it! Received trumpet in under three weeks. I definitely recommend Yamahaian.

Only reason I gave 4 out of 5 stars is because there was a dent on the 2nd valve slide that I thought should have been caught by their quality control. Yamahaian quickly made it right- great customer service.
on April 17, 2014
The Yamaha YTR-2335 trumpet greatly exceeded my expectations. It has a big, smooth tone and is easy to play in all registers. The valves are fast and never stick, and the first and third valve tuning slides work easily. I would recommend this trumpet to any committed trumpet student. It will last them through collage and beyond. My only small criticism of this horn is the threads on the valve caps. You need to be careful screwing the caps in place after oiling the valves or you could easily cross-thread them if forced.
on November 22, 2015
This is a trumpet and the first thing that matters is that it works well, and it does. I have recently started taking trumpet lessons and this was recommended to me by my teacher. He was right it is a great trumpet
on September 8, 2012
Excelent student model trumpet from yamaha. I recomend this model for all my students because of the easy of playing. Excelente trompeta estudiantil, de hecho este es el modelo de instrumento que les recomiendo a mis alumnos principiantes.
on August 18, 2014
Great student trumpet. Starting again after a 40 year layoff and picking it up rapidly with this easy playing, accurate instrument.