5.0 out of 5 stars The best green tea around!
Published 23 months ago by Anne Abbott-Gee

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I'd hoped for.
definitely not organic and I guess I don't like roasted.
Published 1 month ago by Elizabeth Howard

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The best green tea around!, February 3, 2013
This review is from: Yamamotoyama - Hoji Cha (Roasted Tea) 16 bags (Misc.)
I go to an Asian market to buy this, but this price was more reasonable--I think because more people are becoming aware of the good stuff! It seems like "roasted" and "green tea" couldn't go together, especially since you're not even supposed to use boiling water for steeping it since the leaves are so delicate. However, their roasting process magically does just the job it needs to--the rich, earthy flavors become perfectly exaggerated, and the aroma beckons you in. It's one of the only teas where I will just hold the cup near me to inhale it for awhile. The cup itself feels like a reward. 'Sounds cheesy, but it's true.

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Delicious, February 17, 2006
Adam Zabel (Overland Park, KS USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Yamamotoyama - Hoji Cha (Roasted Tea) 16 bags (Misc.)
The unique roasted flavor really stands out. I've had this tea before from a different vendor which was good as well. But this was definitly better, and surprised me. So, I recommend giving it a try!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice tea, April 16, 2013
This review is from: Yamamotoyama - Hoji Cha (Roasted Tea) 16 bags (Misc.)
This tea has a unique roasted flavour, and can be brewed several times. The second and third brews feel smoother and sweeter. Give it a try. It's good.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love hojicha!, July 6, 2008
This review is from: Yamamotoyama - Hoji Cha (Roasted Tea) 16 bags (Misc.)
I tried some hojicha I got from a hotel in Japan and I fell in love with it. Then I bought some yamamotoyama hojicha and it was awesome. You should give it a try it has a lot of flavor compared to regular green tea.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hate to Admit How Good This Tea Is, June 8, 2014
This review is from: Yamamotoyama - Hoji Cha (Roasted Tea) 16 bags (Misc.)
I considered myself a tea snob. I had been drinking exclusively loose leaf tea bought at high end tea shops. I have an electric water kettle and brew to proper temps depending on white, green or black. Friends often would gift me various teas and I had the opportunity to sample lots of varieties. The Hoji Cha was was a gift, and wasn't something I was very keen on trying - a bagged green tea. I care the least for green teas, too vegetal, preferring white or blacks. Nothing flavored other than a mint, chamomile or Jasmine. This particular tea is roasted and has a very smooth rich taste. Not like any green I had. The fullness was unexpected from a tea bag, as well.

Now I am hooked. This tea is a go to. Usually one cup in the evening is a relaxing and contemplative. experience.
I still drink my other favorites, but this one tea is a standard daily drink.

I recommend it highly, especially to a tea lover who really doesn't care for green teas.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really can't gauge if this is great or not, March 27, 2014
Gail R. (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Yamamotoyama - Hoji Cha (Roasted Tea) 16 bags (Misc.)
I love green tea and drink it throughout the day. Not sure if a roasted green tea melts my butter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mmmmmm, March 11, 2014
This review is from: Yamamotoyama - Hoji Cha (Roasted Tea) 16 bags (Misc.)
I love Yama Moto Yama tea. I miss having the oriental supermarket close to my home. Jasmine one is really good too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tea!, January 6, 2014
This review is from: Yamamotoyama - Hoji Cha (Roasted Tea) 16 bags (Misc.)
I'm about half way through the new box, so I will order it again in a week or two. It's highly addictive and takes me to another setting, one of peacefulness and perfection.

5.0 out of 5 stars A delicious tea., September 15, 2013
NYC Reader (New York, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Yamamotoyama - Hoji Cha (Roasted Tea) 16 bags (Misc.)
Really love this roasted tea. It has a strong Earthy flavor and is kept fresh by the individual foil wrapping. Highly recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love the Roasted Flavor!, July 4, 2013
This review is from: Yamamotoyama - Hoji Cha (Roasted Tea) 16 bags (Misc.)
I really like the roasted flavor and fragrance to this tea. It's great with meals or even as a snack.

They come in aluminum sealed tea bags, which maintains freshness.

I've tried a few of the Yamamotoyama teas and I would definitely recommend trying this brand. It doesn't cost much and you can add it on when you buy $25 or more.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›