Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 20, 2005
I am not given to writing negative reviews and I cannot ever recall giving anything one star before, but this machine is a joke.

I have probably used 6 different types of 'weed whacker' over the years and this is by far the worst starting machine of any kind (even given that 2 stroke engines are the work of the Devil) I have ever attempted to use.

Apart from being a nightmare to start, the wretched thing cuts out prematurely after a max of 10 minutes, either due to overheating or a lousy fuel system.

Maybe I was just unlucky with this particular machine, but this monstrosity should never have slipped past quality control. That is, if they even have any.
on July 14, 2012
Just bought one of these and it works great. Trouble starting with choke on level #1, which is what they recommend for starting cold, but once I moved it to #2 setting it started right away. Will not run on choke setting #1, even when it is cold. Has a LOT of power - almost too much. Will take some getting used to from my old electric trimmer. If the line bumps any wood (fence, deck) it cuts into it quickly. You could cut down trees with this thing! I would give it 5 stars if it had a sidewalk edger guide, but it doesn't. It works edging without a guide (plenty of power) but is hard to control. Overall i am very impressed for the price. I paid a small fraction of the price for similar gas units. If you don't need or care about edging, I would recommend it as a great value.
on July 7, 2005
the other guy must have gotten boned. i have run many wackers in my days and this one ain't so bad. for the price i would say it is great. the engine starts great, the bump release works reliably, what more could you ask for.
on July 19, 2006
I got mine at an excellent price and quite satisfied with its value. It is a bit difficult to start at times - you have to lay it on the ground and hold it down with one hand for leverage while pulling the rope with the other. But the ease of using the tap-head reel advance makes up for that. My only other complaint is that i feel its a bit too noisey and I'm usually left with a slight ring in my right ear afterwards. But this is the case with most weed trimmers and you really should wear ear protection when using trimmers and mowers.

I recommend this buy.
on August 28, 2005
This was definantly the best I found for the price. Works great. Shipping was fast. I would recommend this product to anyone needing a gas trimmer.
on June 26, 2010
I give up with this machine... too much effort to make it work...my hands are soring after 10+ tries....