4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT MACHINE FOR THE MONEY
the other guy must have gotten boned. i have run many wackers in my days and this one ain't so bad. for the price i would say it is great. the engine starts great, the bump release works reliably, what more could you ask for.
Published on July 7, 2005 by J. LAVALLEE

1.0 out of 5 stars Truly pathetic...
I am not given to writing negative reviews and I cannot ever recall giving anything one star before, but this machine is a joke.

I have probably used 6 different types of 'weed whacker' over the years and this is by far the worst starting machine of any kind (even given that 2 stroke engines are the work of the Devil) I have ever attempted to use...
Published on May 20, 2005 by Steven Cain

1.0 out of 5 stars Truly pathetic..., May 20, 2005
Steven Cain (Temporal Quantum Pocket) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Yard Machines Y28 17-Inch 31cc Curved Shaft Gas Trimmer 41AET55G711 (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Lawn & Patio)

Apart from being a nightmare to start, the wretched thing cuts out prematurely after a max of 10 minutes, either due to overheating or a lousy fuel system.

Maybe I was just unlucky with this particular machine, but this monstrosity should never have slipped past quality control. That is, if they even have any.

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT MACHINE FOR THE MONEY, July 7, 2005

4.0 out of 5 stars Bang for your buck!!, July 19, 2006
I got mine at an excellent price and quite satisfied with its value. It is a bit difficult to start at times - you have to lay it on the ground and hold it down with one hand for leverage while pulling the rope with the other. But the ease of using the tap-head reel advance makes up for that. My only other complaint is that i feel its a bit too noisey and I'm usually left with a slight ring in my right ear afterwards. But this is the case with most weed trimmers and you really should wear ear protection when using trimmers and mowers.

I recommend this buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Great - Great Value!, July 14, 2012
Just bought one of these and it works great. Trouble starting with choke on level #1, which is what they recommend for starting cold, but once I moved it to #2 setting it started right away. Will not run on choke setting #1, even when it is cold. Has a LOT of power - almost too much. Will take some getting used to from my old electric trimmer. If the line bumps any wood (fence, deck) it cuts into it quickly. You could cut down trees with this thing! I would give it 5 stars if it had a sidewalk edger guide, but it doesn't. It works edging without a guide (plenty of power) but is hard to control. Overall i am very impressed for the price. I paid a small fraction of the price for similar gas units. If you don't need or care about edging, I would recommend it as a great value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, August 28, 2005
This was definantly the best I found for the price. Works great. Shipping was fast. I would recommend this product to anyone needing a gas trimmer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too difficult to start, June 26, 2010
Cesar F Viana (Bogota D.C., Cundinamarca Colombia) - See all my reviews
I give up with this machine... too much effort to make it work...my hands are soring after 10+ tries....

Rate and Discover Movies