MIX YARNS, COLORS AND TEXTURES TO CREATE BOLD AND BRIGHT HANDKNITS
Why spend hours knitting a boring one-shade sweater? Pile on the color and discover the joys of knitting with multiple hues in unexpected combinations. Choose from over 20 projects, including home décor items, hats, scarves, sweaters, vests and more.
Get ready to dive into a world of color.
Inside YarnPlay you'll find:
- a basic guide to yarn, needles and knitting notions
- a guide to ''playing with color'' that shows you how to choose colors by drawing inspiration from everyday items like quilts, photos and magazines
- a wide variety of projects, both big and small, from a graphic afghan to armwarmers and washcloths
- stash-buster projects for using up all those odds and ends of yarn
- a helpful section filled with useful reference information such as a glossary of knitting terms, a knitting abbreviations key, a knitting needle conversion chart and a list of inspirational knitting books, magazines and websites
Can't you feel your knitting needles itching to get started? Pick up this book, then dig through your stash or visit your local yarn store and get started today.
Playing with yarn and color adds a whole new dimension to your handknits. Each of these patterns features multiple colors used in unexpected ways to create beautiful effects. Whether you like monochromatic shades or lots and lots of stripes or two bold tones side by side, you're bound to find pieces you'll love to knit for your home, yourself, or for a special friend, baby or family member. You'll also get a handy guide to yarn, tools and notions as well as tips for playing with color, a glossary of knitting terms, a knitting abbreviations key, a knitting needle conversion chart and a list of inspirational resources.