Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Format: Hardcover|Change

on July 21, 2001
I love this book! I fell in love with the cow doing yoga (OOM!). I bought 3 copies for friends who not only also think that's hysterical, but also are going through changes in their lives. While it's geared for the college bound, real world bound, my friends and I are a few years past that and it still applies to us. Pass this book along to anyone, regardless of age, going through a big change in their lives. They'll appreciate it. OOM.
on May 6, 2001
This is a great book for a new graduate or anyone embarking on a new life style. Even though I'm not thrilled with the spelling of the title I still liked this book enough to give it as a graduation gift. It's short but sweet, and covers just about everything, from careers to friends. I especially love the page where you may choose to ponder your thighs (although men may not relate) and the pages about many friends or only a few or some with a different point of view. The illustrations are adorable (they are definitely what made me take a second look). If your looking for a graduation book other than the old stand-by this could be it for you.
33 comments|25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 25, 2001
Sandra Boynton has truly outdone herself with her celebratory Yay, You! Told in rhyme and full of love and pride, this little gem of a book first congratulates, "You did it!/You're done!/You made it!/You're through!", and then takes a joyful look at what's ahead, "Oh, what a great moment!/Now what will you do?/There are so many choices./The world is immense./Take a good look around/and decide what makes sense." Ms Boynton's uplifting message is light and fun and complemented by her familiar and charming, silly animal illustrations. So put a smile on every graduate's face, celebrate their success and let them know that whether you're in a hurry to get started on the rest of your life, or need to stop awhile and smell the roses, "Whatever you do,/whether near or so far,/I know you'll be great./You already are.
on February 17, 2003
When my children were small we read the Boynton board books so many times that we had to replace them for kid #3. They are one of my favorite baby shower gifts. Yay, You is a terrific book for both parents and kids (young adults?) as they enter the next life journey. Even if you have never experienced a Sandra Boynton book, you will enjoy this and smile as you realize that life goes on for all. This makes a fun grduation gift too!!
on May 5, 2004
I am an elementary guidance counselor, responsible for planning our promotion program yearly for our fifth grade students as they move to middle school. I'm always looking for meaningful things to add to the ceremony, traditions the kids will look back on with happy memories. We do a lot in my school with "Oh the Places You'll Go..." so I was looking for something of this genre to use. "Yay, You" is just the right length. I read it to the kids just before the ceremony and then include a quick reading as a prelude to the processional out of the gym. Because the kids have heard it already, they know what is coming. The parents and guests absorb the meaning of the "moving up, moving out" very well. It's WONDERFUL and a number of parents have purchased it for their children to commemorate the event. It is indeed now a tradition.
on July 8, 2002
As a recent high school graduate myself, I can say this book is perfect for all those taking the next big step in their lives. I bought this book for myself and every time I read it I smile. It's so much fun and encouraging and at the end all I can say is.... Yay, me!
on June 30, 2015
I love this book. It is one of my favorites to give as a gift for graduation as it offers both congratulations and encouragement. Of course, how can one go wrong with a Sandra Boynton book? She's the best!
on June 27, 2015
This was the perfect retirement book for our school secretary. All of our staff members signed it and we gave it to her at our end-of-the-year lunch. It is very cute and appropriate for any change-of-life event.
on October 30, 2014
I purchased this for my daughter as a USAF basic training graduation gift. She loves the words and every chance i get I quote them to continue encouraging her in her technical training and daily life. Everyone should have this book! I'm getting ready to purchase more for friends.
on May 22, 2014
This is a fun book to give to high school and college grads with an inscription from your heart. I have purchased this book dozens of times and it always brings a smile to a grad's face. Plus, for older grads, they can read it to their children who also enjoy this encouraging book.