With the unique Play & Freeze Ice Cream Maker, you can make ice cream anywhere! You dont need electricity, just add ice and rock salt in one end and ice cream mix in the other endthen have a ball as you shake it, pass it or roll it! The ice cream mix can be as simple as cream, sugar and vanilla. Try flavors from our recipe list included or make up your own. Made of durable materials, it's lightweight, portable and easy to clean. Its ideal for Camping, Boating, Picnics, Parties, Travel...anywhere!
With the unique Play and Freeze Ice Cream Maker, you can make ice cream while on camping trips, at picnics, barbecues, and many other places. You don't need electricity to make great tasting ice cream, but rather just add ice and rock salt in one end and ice cream mix in the other end. Then, have a ball as you shake it, pass it, or roll it around for 10 to 15 minutes. The ice cream mix can be as simple as cream, sugar, and vanilla or you can try a more adventurous flavor from the included recipe list or make up your own concoction. Made of durable advanced materials, the Ice Cream Ball is lightweight, portable, and easy to clean.
How it Works:
Step 1, fill with ice.
Step 2, mix up ingredients.
Step 3, shake it up.
Step 4, enjoy.
- Fill the ice end with as much ice as possible, then add 1/2 cup of rock salt to the pint size or 3/4 cup to the Mega size. The lid should be hand tightened--do not use the wrench.
- Mix up your ice cream ingredients in a container, then pour the mix into the end with the metal cylinder, leaving about one inch for expansion at the top. Hand tighten the lid.
- Have a ball! Shake, roll, and pass it around as you mix and freeze the ingredients. It's not necessary to shake the ball...just motion will do it.
- After about 10 minutes for the pint size and 15 minutes for the Mega ball, open the ice cream end using the included plastic wrench. Scrape the sides of the cylinder to mix up the ice cream using a plastic or wooden spoon (don't use a metal spoon as it will scratch the cylinder). Then check the ice end. Pour out the excess water and add more ice and up to 1/3 cup more rock salt to enhance the freezing ability. Close the lids securely and continue having a ball for approximately 5 to 10 more minutes (15 for the Mega).
- You will then have about a pint (or quart for the Mega ball) of delicious soft-serve ice cream. The consistency will vary based on the ice, your mix, the outside temperature, shaking frequency, etc. Once the ice cream is to the consistency of your liking, gently scoop it out and enjoy!
Important tips for using your Play & Freeze Ice Cream Maker:
- Directions and recipes are inside the Ball.
- Use cream instead of half and half for richer tasting ice cream.
- Leave about an inch of space for expansion when you fill up the can with the ice cream mix.
- After 10 minutes (15 for Mega ball) of mixing (shaking, rolling, and passing), it is important to stir the ice cream mix (it freezes more around the can). Also, drain the water and refill with ice and additional rock salt. Have fun for another 10 to 15 minutes and you're done.
- Use the provided plastic wrench to open the ball, but not to close it.
Pint Size Details:
- Weight When Empty: 2 pounds
- Weight When Full: 7 pounds
- Ice Cream Capacity: 1 Pint/16 fl. oz.
- Approximate Prep Time: 20 minutes
Mega Size Details:
- Weight When Empty: 3 pounds
- Weight When Full: 9 to 10 pounds
- Ice Cream Capacity: 1 Quart/32 fl. oz.
- Approximate Prep Time: 30 minutes with cream, 35 minutes with half and half
What's in the Box?
Ice Cream Ball, recipe booklet
One-year warranty on manufacturing defects