5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific, versatile, high quality, affordable price phone.
We use Yealink phones in our office and recommend it quite often to our voiSip phone service customers.

They all have a nice, heavy, solid feel. Everything fits and feels tight.

The screens are easy to read with a simple layout.

The speakers in the handset and speakerphone are high quality and sound very nice.

The operation is...
Published on November 4, 2011 by Eric T

I bought one of these new, and it lasted about 6 months before it died. It just stopped powering on -- screen stays blank. I ended up reverting back to an old Siemens Optipoint phone that worked well for years (and had better sound quality), but lacked the features of the Yealink.

Since the Yealink was under warranty, I attempted to get support. Turns out...
Published 7 months ago by Mark

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific, versatile, high quality, affordable price phone., November 4, 2011
This review is from: Yealink SIP-T22P Professional IP Phone with 3 Lines and HD Voice (Electronics)

They all have a nice, heavy, solid feel. Everything fits and feels tight.

The screens are easy to read with a simple layout.

The operation is responsive and works great with all the features of our IP PBX systems... music on hold, transfer, conference, voicemail, etc.

There are several similar models... here's what you need to know about each.

NOTE: If it has a "P" in the model name, like T22P vs T22, then it supports PoE (Power over Ethernet). Which can be handy in some environments.

The T18/T18P is the lowest price model, but has no LCD display, so it has limited potential.

The T20/T20P has a basic display, 2 line buttons, and works great as a single endpoint phone for business or residential use.

The T22/T22P is really the best choice for a standard extension phone though. It has a slightly larger screen than the T20, 3 line buttons, and 4 context sensitive soft buttons. The soft buttons are very handy when used with an IP PBX system. But probably not important in a stand-alone situation.

The T26/T26P is the same as the T22, but adds 10 programmable buttons/lights for speed dial or extension/line status. It also supports a "sidecar" expansion module if necessary. Great phone for a receptionist or someone who needs to monitor line status... or just needs a lot of speed dial buttons.

The T28/T28P is like the T26, but with a larger screen and 6 call status buttons/lights instead of 3.

The 32G and 38G models are like the T22 and T28 models, except they have really nice color screens and gigabit ethernet ports. These are great for high end offices, though the prices are surprisingly reasonable.

The EXP38 and EXP39 Expansion Modules add more status lamps and speed dial buttons. The 38 is the standard type with red/green lamps, and paper cards for extension names. The 39 is well worth the small price premium though, since it has LCD display of names... no more scratch outs. It has a handy page swap feature, so you can have 20 lamps/buttons for one page, and 20 on the swap page... 40 total on one module.

Hope that helps. Enjoy your phones, especially if using them with voiSip phone service.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great price, great phone, August 21, 2012
I purchased this unit to see how it would do as a repleacement to our office phones. The current phones we have are Grandstream phones that are now end of life. I considred using Cisco phones but being under financial restraint, i had to look for a more frugal solution. So came Yealink and this phone. It was recommended by my PBX hosting company. I've used it now for about two weeks and there have been no problems. Setup was very easy and surprisingly fast. The call quality is even better than the old phone and this phone is able to keep up with the lateset software version of 3CX which is the virtual PBX that we are using.
I spoke with Yealink and asked what they believe the life of this product would be and they said they are very excited about this phone and have no plans to end support on it any time soon.
Where as Cisco does EOL on thier phones all they time just to release a new, more expensive model.
If you're looking to cut IT costs and go with a quality solution, give Yealink a try.
Now i've got to purchase some more of these and replace all the office phones...

4.0 out of 5 stars So far So good, April 18, 2013
Daine P (Atlanta GA, (USA)) - See all my reviews
Bought this to replace a dying Linksys VOIP adapter which I use for my office line.
The T22 seems solid, sounds good and has a ton of features which I have not even looked at yet but I would say that even just at the basic level, it is already an excellent improvement to be using a true voip device instead of an adapter with an analog phone attached.
Setup was quick and easy though the webpage is pretty dense with many options so I have lots to learn still.

I was happy to find that my standard headset with RJ hand-set type connector works with the phone.

Added June 2, 2013
Everything is still good with this phone but I have discovered a slight issue.
If I dial into our conference call line while on the speakerphone, the key presses needed to enter the ID and pass-code are always wrong but if I switch to the headset they are correct.
I have not had the time to really research the issue nor contact customer support but perhaps I will one day.

Related to that, the speaker phone sounds really good to me and evidently also to those on the other end.

Added Sept 26, 2013... Dropped from 5 to 4 stars...
Been dealing with Yealink support for some weeks on a troublesome issue. If I am on the phone for an extended period of time, over 45 minutes, the other party or parties (if a conf call) will often start loosing my audio. They will hear only parts of words and eventually will hear nothing.
I initially thought it was my VOIP provider buy they "say" that there are no issues on their end.
Since this started I have been directed to several firmware updates including one today but nothing helps yet.
Pro: Yealink support is pretty quick to respond
Con: No solution and their English is not the best

I can also confirm another reviewers comment that occasionally the phone will not ring on incoming calls but my old SIP adapter which I still have connected in the other room does ring. Odd...

More to come...

4.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, some menu items confusing, May 15, 2012
I am using this phone to test a new Onsip account. The Yealink setup using onsip is very simple. The sound quality with the speaker phone and the hand set sounds great however, there is some back ground wind noise that I didnt notice on the polycom phone. Some of the menu items are confusing and the manual doesnt describe certain things very well.

1.0 out of 5 stars My Yealink phone lasted 6 months before dying, and support was non-existent, January 12, 2014

Since the Yealink was under warranty, I attempted to get support. Turns out Yealink offers NO direct warranty support. All support is handled by the retailer. So I contacted the retailer. They were completely un-responsive. I left messages and emails, and never got a call back or reply. So now I have a brick.

You get what you pay for. I'll never buy another Yealink.

4.0 out of 5 stars My first Yealink - great value for the price., May 7, 2014
Power User (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
The only improvement I could ask for is a better selection of built-in ring tones. For less than $70 that I paid for, this is a great and versatile phone - much better than Grandstream. This phone has has better security features than phones costing twice as much. I normally deploy Digium DXX phones and decided to use Yealink for less discriminating users. The yealink exceeded my expectations.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value in a flexible IP phone, August 22, 2013
ChrisF (Colorado, USA) - See all my reviews
I recently decided to drop my traditional landline-based home phone service. The $33/month charge, for a plain line with NO extra features like Caller ID or Voicemail, finally got to me. As much as the monthly cost, the constant solicitation calls (in spite of so-called No Call listing) have become an increasing irritation. Time to do something.

I'm familiar with VoIP technology, having used it for years to stay in touch while traveling. To bring it home, I selected a reliable service provider with great pricing and comprehensive self-configuration flexibility (voip.ms). To get started I used a Linksys PAP2T with my old analog phone, but it was clear that a modern digital-path telephone with an integrated feature set is the best way to take full advantage of VoIP.

While searching amazon.com, the Yealink product line cropped up with some good reviews and excellent value pricing. The Yealink website was also impressive, with lots of downloadable documentation. Overall, the company (based in China of course) looks to me like it is really trying harder to provide solid products with a creative flair.

I wanted two phones and selected this one (the T22P) as the mainstream desktop model (the other one I purchased was the Yealink W52P DECT model). When the phones arrived, the first thing I noticed was the excellent clean and efficient packaging. This company knows the value of a good first impression.

Using the web browser interface, the SIP-T22P configured up very nicely, using just the guidelines on the voip.ms site, and registered properly on the first try. This is an strong indication of well-chosen defaults for the myriad of lesser known minor SIP configuration parameters. The procedure for uploading a custom ringtone was interesting (it needs an 8K samples/sec 8-bit mono U-law PCM file), but that also worked fine for me since fortunately my audio editing application exports this format.

The Dial Plan configuration is very useful to simplify phone operation. Yealink has broken away from the usual Linksys dial plan approach by replacing the Linksys big long string with multiple fields under three separate tabs. It's fairly intuitive and I set up an Area Code rule and a couple Dial-Now rules right away.

Usage of the phone so far has been a pleasure. The handset is nicely weighted and comfortably sized. My called/calling parties report excellent audio.

The base-to-handset coiled cord is the standard length, suitable for seated desktop use. Since I like a little more reach I just swapped it for the extra-length black coiled cord that I'd been using on my old AT&T classic Touch Tone. Works great.

*** UPDATED 27-Aug-13, Changed Rating from Five Stars to Four Stars ***

I've now had a few days to get familiar with some details of this telephone. I've noticed the following points of potential improvement:

(1) Most significantly, the coiled handset cord connector worked its way loose from the handset, physically still attached but not making electrical contact. As a result, there was no audio in the handset. If this happens again soon, it would become a fatal flaw. To be fair, I have re-installed the original Yealink coiled cord to rule out my cord-swap (mentioned in the review above) as a contributing factor.

(2) The phone merges all call history from the three lines into one history - you'll need some other way to straighten out which of your phone numbers was called since the call history detail display doesn't indicate which line was incoming.

(3) It IS possible to select a separate ringtone for each of the three lines (as I just discovered & have corrected this point in the review).

(4) I've configured my VoIP account to ring both phones (this T22P and the W52P) for incoming calls. This has been working fine, but a call came in today and only the W52P rang. Both phones later showed the missed call in their Call History log. In subsequent tests both phones ring fine but this incident is another point to worry about.

*** UPDATED 6-Jun-14, reflecting long-term experience with this phone ***
The T22P continues to perform reliably, as long as I stay with the supplied coiled handset cord.

Yealink's most recent firmware update (7.72.0.30) made a few GUI improvements and minor feature enhancements, but more notably contains an annoying bug: SIP session expiration timer causes the LED backlight to come on momentarily (as if you'd pressed a key). The bug itself is merely annoying but a little worrisome if taken as a reflection of Yealink's QA process. Looking forward to the next firmware update presumably correcting this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Use it with MyDivert.com SIP provider, March 2, 2013
No complaints. And works with my Plantronics wireless headset. Fantastic for the money! I use a SIP service from MyDivert.com for a few dollars per month for my home business.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound quality, February 25, 2013
PSB (Portland, Oregon United States) - See all my reviews
I'm using this phone with voisip and skype. Set up was very simple. Sound quality is excellent. Paired with a Plantronics CO52 - again set up was easy. Occasional momentary dropouts as the phone attempts to deal with bandwidth issues, but compared to the quality on my landline phone, this is only a minor issue. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars VoIP works great easy to install, January 23, 2013
I set this up at home with 2 lines one for home and one for my business and it works great. I have set up many phones being in the telecommunications world and I find this phone is one of the best out there.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›