Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on November 4, 2011
We use Yealink phones in our office and recommend it quite often to our voiSip phone service customers.

They all have a nice, heavy, solid feel. Everything fits and feels tight.

The screens are easy to read with a simple layout.

The speakers in the handset and speakerphone are high quality and sound very nice.

The operation is responsive and works great with all the features of our IP PBX systems... music on hold, transfer, conference, voicemail, etc.

There are several similar models... here's what you need to know about each.

NOTE: If it has a "P" in the model name, like T22P vs T22, then it supports PoE (Power over Ethernet). Which can be handy in some environments.

The T18/T18P is the lowest price model, but has no LCD display, so it has limited potential.

The T20/T20P has a basic display, 2 line buttons, and works great as a single endpoint phone for business or residential use.

The T22/T22P is really the best choice for a standard extension phone though. It has a slightly larger screen than the T20, 3 line buttons, and 4 context sensitive soft buttons. The soft buttons are very handy when used with an IP PBX system. But probably not important in a stand-alone situation.

The T26/T26P is the same as the T22, but adds 10 programmable buttons/lights for speed dial or extension/line status. It also supports a "sidecar" expansion module if necessary. Great phone for a receptionist or someone who needs to monitor line status... or just needs a lot of speed dial buttons.

The T28/T28P is like the T26, but with a larger screen and 6 call status buttons/lights instead of 3.

The 32G and 38G models are like the T22 and T28 models, except they have really nice color screens and gigabit ethernet ports. These are great for high end offices, though the prices are surprisingly reasonable.

The EXP38 and EXP39 Expansion Modules add more status lamps and speed dial buttons. The 38 is the standard type with red/green lamps, and paper cards for extension names. The 39 is well worth the small price premium though, since it has LCD display of names... no more scratch outs. It has a handy page swap feature, so you can have 20 lamps/buttons for one page, and 20 on the swap page... 40 total on one module.

Hope that helps. Enjoy your phones, especially if using them with voiSip phone service.
on October 16, 2014
The Yealink T-28P is a horrible phone. I have 9 of these for my office, purchased over about a two year period, and about 3/4 of them have issues.

Some of them randomly make a loud tone in the middle of a call, as if someone had pushed a number button and held it down for about 30 seconds. I called my voip provider (phonebooth.com) and was told that Yealinks do that all the time (Thanks for recommending them, by the way, phonebooth!).

Now a couple of them have had all (ALL) of the buttons fail. That means you push any button (number, control, line, volume, up, down, etc.) and nothing happens. All controls are dead. They still have dial tone, so that's nice. Would be much better if you could actually use the phone though.

I've tried to contact Yealink - no reply, no support, nothing.

Seriously, buy something else.
on May 26, 2013
Great device. Highly configurable. Supports most SIP functionality including BLF. Using in production call center. 100+ per day. Occasional restarts (rare). Voice quality is ok but I had to replace a headset on one unit.
on January 19, 2015
I purchased these phones because they are responsive and very lasting. I have clients who could upgrade to better but the attitude is " If it ain't broken, why fix it." I keep going back to what work when presenting clients with options and past experiences, and this is the phone for me and my clients.
on April 17, 2015
This phone is fantastic in THEORY. It looks great, has wonderful features, is nice looking. But we have about a dozen of these in our office and they are absolutely horrible. The sound quality is good and then suddenly will be horrible....like you're making an overseas call in 1951. At any given time there are several that have numerous issues. It's so discouraging that some staff have just stopped complaining about it. It's embarrassing because sometimes people on the other end of the phone can't hear us. Our last phone system lasted 22 years and was working fine but was just no longer compatible with new systems. This one is less than a year old and it has been nothing but trouble. We are very disappointed.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2011
I got this phone (Yealink T28p) for use with my FreePBX (Asterisk) system to transition away from softphones. The sound quality of this phone is outstanding and clear.
The phone was very simple to install, and the web interface is easy to use. The DSS keys support BLF for monitoring other extensions. I use this with a headset, and the sound is great there too. I would highly recommend this phone for someone who is looking for a simple yet professional deskphone for their sip phone system (like Asterisk). I have used it for 5 days now, and it works reliably without any problems. Far FAR easier to setup than Cisco 7960 phones, and more reliable than the 7960 in my experience (in an Asterisk SIP environment).

Pros:
*Very simple, intuitive, straight-forward install. I think it supports tftp provisioning, but that is not required. I used the web interface.
*Excellent sound quality and clarity.
*BLFs work with other extensions.
*The phone just worked. Within 5 minutes I was done.
*Headset support is nice. (RJ9)
*Message lamp just worked (voicemail indicator), even with multiple SIP accounts.
*power supply included (but also supports POE).
*I like the fixed conference, hold, trans, mute, and redial buttons. The message and headset buttons light up.
*LCD screen is big and bright. The screen backlight turns off automatically (can customize the length of time before it turns off).

Cons/Needs Improvement:
*The manual does a fair (but not great) job of really explaining the features, sometimes relying on the titles of the feature to explain what it actually does. For the most part the features are clear and you can intuit their meaning, but a more verbose manual would be appreciated. The English needs some work, but is perfectly adequate. Just to be clear, this is a good manual, and is fairly thorough and is available online. I just would prefer if some of the features were more fully explained. This is, however, the best phone manual I have come across, so my compliments to Yealink.
*I could not figure out how to get the BLFs to allow me to monitor trunks or meet-me conference rooms.
*The soft keys, dss keys, or line keys do not seem to allow me to program them as "disconnect" keys. That just leaves a soft-key that says "cancel." I would like an all-purpose programmable hard disconnect key.
*If you type a phone number without first choosing a line, it defaults to the first registered line, and you can't change the line without redialing the number. If you choose a line, then you have a limited time to dial before it automatically sends. Perhaps this is a feature I can disable.
*Handset does not really work well with the "shoulder test" (holding the handset without hands). It's barely doable.
*The T28P does not support wall-mounting. No back mounting holes, and no handset catch for wall mounts. The lower-end phone (T20p and T22p?) does support wall mounts, which is a more appropriate phone for breakrooms and such anyway.
*The soft keys support rather limited features; I would prefer if they supported more options.

Conclusion:
I whole heartedly recommend this phone. The fact that it just worked with my FreePBX system was great. The selection of phones (T2Xp series) also makes this an appropriate series for offices that want to stick with the same brand. I would like the BLFs to support more functions than just extension-monitoring; I can't see why they could not be designed to support trunk monitoring and meet-me conference room monitoring.

Check out the manual and other documentation online at Yealink's site. I did that and was impressed, which was a big reason why I went with the Yealink.

I give this phone 5 stars. I'm not convinced there is a better SIP deskphone for the price. I would take this phone over a Cisco or Polycom any day. My experience with Cisco's 7960 on Asterisk was a nightmare (they would randomly and repeatedly unregister), and I've heard that Polycoms are also a pain to get to work with Asterisk. Plus those brands are expensive. (Not to mention that to get the 7960 to work with SIP requires a Cisco account, which is hard/$ to come by, or a nice friend with such an account, or enough time to dig it up online). The Yealink? It just worked, and well too.

5 stars.
on February 11, 2015
Does not come with power supply but Q/A says different on the product page. Correct the review or it feels misleading.

Q: Does this phone come with a power supply?
A:
Yes - AC adapter included (although not needed if POE is present)
on July 6, 2011
My Setup:
Debian6+Asterisk1.8+FreePBX2.8
PBX Trunks:
GoogleVoice,Flowroute

This device is Wonderful!
Preparing a Home-office for remote work, first piece of the puzzle was this device.
I use a Polycom 501 at the office, and have hused Cisco,Aastra,Snom... This device is comparable in sound quality to Polycom for a fraction of the price!

***Be Aware, this is a PoE enabled device which does not include the optional AC Adapter!***
I picked up this 5V 1.2A AC Adapter for this device and it works great. 5V 1.2A Universal AC Power Supply

Pros:
-Excellent Speaker-Phone
-Very feature-rich WebUI for configuration
-OpenVPN Support
-Very Customizable, down to location of the Soft-keys in various states
-Supports g722,g729 Codecs (g722 is wide-band 'HD', g729 is low bandwidth friendly)

Cons:
-Found a bug in the software regarding the VAD(Voice Activity Detection) feature and Mute. I have contacted the company.
on September 5, 2012
We were in the market for a new office phone. This one came suggested by our provider (Amazon just offered it cheaper than they did.)

The sound quality and general build is great. It feels like a substantial device that will withstand lots of use.

The customizable buttons are a great feature for us; helps keep the important numbers close.

The display is nice and back-lit (a feature I don't think our Cisco phones offered.)

One reviewer suggested a particular power adapter for the phone; don't waste your money buying it. The phone includes the adapter.

There are two flaws that I found.
1) The angle isn't adjustable. This feature would have been really nice since desk and sitting heights vary. This was a feature our Cisco phones offered.
2) Wall mounting isn't possible.
on December 31, 2013
I currently have ring central and my own hosted pbx. I have been using this phone for about a month with no problem. setup was quick and easy. the browser login on this phone is much easier to use than most other Cisco phones i have seen. This phone has So much value compared to Polycom or Cisco which sell phones with comparable features for double the price.