Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

on August 17, 2012
I already own the Ultimate Optimus Prime so as an avid TF collector, this is a perfect addition to my collection. The YOTD is definitely going to be a collector's item as how often does Hasbro/Takara Tomy makes a special edition of a toy to one of the famous Chinese calendar year or occasion. Plus to make it more sense to me, I'm a born in the year of the Dragon so it just suites my selection. This toy is as big as the regular Ultimate Edition, just re-painted for the year/occasion. If you are a TF fan, this is a must have. I can't wait to put them on my display shelf side by side with the regular one. I know it will look just as awesome as the other. It is definitely the biggest Optimus Prime toy yet.
on November 14, 2013
The price was okay, but the toy is extremely complicated and the "picture" instructions leave a lot to imagination. Both my grandsons lost interest in trying to reassemble it once they took it apart. I recommend the age recommendation be changed from 5-12 years to the mid teens.
on October 24, 2013
This thing is huge and has a ton of parts. I do NOT recommend it for small children at all. It can easily fall apart if played with too roughly.... so why do I love it??? My husband spent a couple of hours putting this together for our son. Its really an amazing toy. This requires some work and there are a LOT of instructions that are often are complicated to follow (arrows pointing to tiny pictures with microscopic type font). This is a true collectors toy and once you have it together (if you open the box) you will never want to take it apart. It is a very cool toy just not so much for smaller kids that would be constantly asking dad to put it back together.
on August 22, 2012
I got this toy and wow did it come in a huge Box. Then i opened the box and i saw how Big this Toy really is. This Toy is like the other Big huge Optimus Prime but hey this is the year of the Dragon Transformer and how many of you are going to see this kind of toy in the years to come. It is very cool the box and i will tell you no scratches on the box so i give it up to the people who deliver these big toys and who put them in the boxes great job. Now if you are a Transformer Fan and think oh the price is so high just look at the other G1 Transformers and if you keep them in the box how much they are worth. I did not keep my G1 toys in the box and why you might ask and simple put because i did not have them as a kid and i wanted to put them in a glass box.
WEll great toy
on November 6, 2013
Awesome version of Optimus Prime for collectors. Great box and design. There are like five versions of this toy and I see this as more of a collector toy, than one for kids to play with, but it is durable can be easily posed. It does take a long time to transform and can be fairly difficult for smaller kids.
on January 8, 2014
Item would have been 5 stars except for the fact that it is very difficult to transform and the plastic is thin on a few twists and can be broken fairly easily. Otherwise awesome toy that is better suited for display than play. My son was wowed at Christmas and likes to look at it but it is HUGE so play is more difficult for him at his younger age. If you are looking for a transformer to wow your child it is great. TIP" transform into Optimus before showing your child as it takes a few times to get the hang of transforming him so you can teach your child how to do it. I purchased the item during a Cyber deal and got a fantastic price. Shipping was quick.

Impact:5 stars
Shipping:5 stars
Item as described: 5 stars
Price: 5 stars
Durability:3 stars
Ease of Use: 3 stars
on September 23, 2014
The mush have for transformer fans. I've been a fan for more than 30 years and was born in the year of dragon. This master piece is incredibly amazed me. I love the design and the details. They are really BIG!
on August 29, 2013
What more can I say? He kid loves this toy. I swear he did not put it down for about two weeks. The thing is huge. It's he biggest Transformer on his collection. And unlike many of the other reviews, it was not too hard for him to figure out. I was surprised because I was sure I was in for a long night of deciphering those impossible picture-it directions. I don't have any real complaints.
on March 11, 2013
It took three adults an hour just to figure out how to put this thing together. We joked that we should have let our 8 year-old do it himself, but I needed a serious glass of wine when we were done. This should have been labled as being for a much older age group.
on November 24, 2014
I'm an eleven year old boy that is pretty delicate with transformers especially high priced ones like this. When I got this the box was massive. After I took it out I wanted to transform. The robot mode for optimus is easy I only need to look at directions once for him. But the trailer was complicated. Even though I was being careful just then the wing came flying out. I got so mad but soon learned that it will only happen once and you can just put it back on easily. After that I just kept it in the suit ever since then. One huge con is that I can't bend the suits leg. The suit has really poor accusation on it. I belive this giant is more of a collectors item then a toy. Definitely for kids 10 and up and are really careful. Also this optimus prime is massive compared to other primes. And it has amazing accusation. And that's really it I still recommend this toy for good transformers fans out there and is worth the price.