Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on March 30, 2014
I have looked through the entire thing, and all I can say is wow! All of the recipes look like ones I would make for my family on a normal day. They do have a dessert listed for every meal plan and they look easy enough to make and look beautiful too! I love their "extras" that aren't food related. Examples of those are: Personalized plates, diy menu board, 52 family dinner conversation starters. My favorite of those extras was a tradition they do every Thanksgiving eve. Everyone in the family gets $5 to spend on anything they want at the grocery store and they make a crazy meal out of all of it. I believe that is a new tradition I want to start with my family!

I have already made a few recipes: Mandarin orange pretzel salad - a lot like the strawberry pretzel salad that is very popular, only made with mandarin oranges and orange gelatin. Delicious! I have also made the five minute jello salad, the berry cheesecake pudding (SO good!) and the layered green salad. So far, everything I've made has turned out wonderful.

In my opinion, this cookbook is geared toward families who are raising children, the recipes seem child friendly. Though, there are a few fairly elegant choices (the overnight caramel French toast - which I've made, and is so incredibly delicious, also the stuffed mushrooms) but I do feel like there are a lot more family friendly choices in here than in most other cookbooks. This has been deemed my most favorite new cookbook, and I have A LOT of cookbooks. LOVE the book, it is definitely worth buying!
on April 9, 2014
For all the cookbooks I have, I bought this one. I love it. I purchased it on my Kindle and that week-end I made 4 of the recipes. They were all very good. I made the Honey-Lime Chicken Enchiladas (Menu 6), No-Bake Peanut Butter Corn Flake Bars (Menu18), Overnight Caramel French Toast (Menu 26), Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes (Menu 46). The no bake Corn Flake Bars were out of this world, my son loved them. The slow cooker Sloppy Joes recipe was a big hit, I like it better than my recipe. The overnight Caramel French Toast was exceptional, it came out of the glass dish perfectly when I inverted it. I love that recipe. The Honey LIme Chicken Enchiladas were really good, may put less honey in next time, but great recipe. I am looking forward to making more recipes. The strawberry lemonade slush looks good and so does the egg souffle, the mandarin orange pretzel sald for Easter, the bread sticks using Rhodes frozen dinner rolls...
on April 4, 2014
One of the things I most LOVE about the Six Sisters' Stuff is the EASY, FAMILY FRIENDLY recipes!

They use BASIC ingredients to bring together delicious meals and tasty treats!

This book takes it a step further and brings you...52 full menu plans :)

Some of my favorites:

Menu #28
Homemade Applesauce
Slow Cooker Glazed Pork Loin
German Chocolate Cake Cookies

(a SPECIAL THANKS to my husband for all his cooking so I can review cookbooks :)

Also includes:
DIY Menu Board
The "Crazy Dinner" Tradition
A "Pantry Staples" list
52 weeks of "food storage"
"Dinner on the doorstep" idea
and MORE

I LOVE the 52 Family Dinner Conversation Starters
*What was the best part of your day?
*What is your biggest fear?
*If you could have one dream come true, what would it be?
*If you could have dinner with anyone (past or present), who would it be and why?
*What is one thing you couldn't live without?
*etc.

Don't miss out on this GREAT COOKBOOK!
on April 18, 2014
This is truly my kind of cookbook! I may have mentioned this before but I don't really enjoy cooking. Usually when a cookbook comes up for review, I want to pass. However, I jumped at the chance to review this one. As soon as it came, my daughter's eyes got big and she grabbed it and started looking through it. There are a few craft and family tradition ideas in here as well and she was interested in learning about those.

There are lots of great recipes in here! They are quick and easy to make and they taste yummy. The ingredients are all foods I've heard of and can easily be found in your grocery store.

I love the setup, too. There are 52 menu ideas: an entree, side dish and dessert. These can, of course, be used in multiple combinations so the ideas are limitless. There are also pictures of every dish so you can see what the food looks like. The sisters share a little about each recipe and why they like it. One little tidbit I found interesting (you can find it on their Sloppy Joe page) is they mentioned that they have been approached by two companies to do a reality show. I actually had wondered about that. They've turned them both down and I completely understand their reasoning.

There are a few crafts and traditions included as well. My daughter loved the DIY at-home family restaurant and the "crazy dinner" tradition. I like the 52 weeks of food storage and 52 family dinner conversation starters.

Yes, I have actually made some of the recipes and my family has loved them! We've tried Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Meatballs, Perfect Pineapple Dip, Fudgy Brownies, Cheeseburger Casserole, Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes, Mini Garlic Monkey Bread and Cheesecake Chess Squares. This is already my go to cookbook and I will make many more of these recipes.

There is a Table of Contents in the front and an Index in the back so as I flipped through and later tried to find a certain recipe again, it was easy to do! This is a great recipe book for busy moms and anyone that doesn't like their cooking to be a long and involved process.

I received a copy of this book to review. My opinion is 100% my own.
on September 7, 2015
As a mom of 5 children and the cook in a busy household, this cook book really fits the bill. So often, even cook books designed for families with children, contain so many recipes that picky eaters will avoid. This book is completely different. There are 52 meals (entree, side & dessert), and of those 52, we will likely eat 50 (or probably skip just the side or entree of those 2!).

I love how the meals are together. I love how every item in the book has a full color photo. The stories and extras are nice too.

I have a lot of cookbooks I have collected over 16 years, and this fits in my top 2!

For those who say the recipes have a lot of sugar - I'm not sure where you are getting that. Maybe if you made only all the desserts? There are several light desserts as well. And to the reviewer who complained about it containing desserts - why did you buy it? It advertises 52 meals - each including a dessert.
on April 23, 2016
There are so many good things about this cookbook!
-First of all, great recipes. That's a must for a good cookbook! Most of the recipes are very easy and require many ingredients that you might already have on hand.
-Secondly, two words for you: Meal Plan. I have a terrible time trying to meal plan in my life, but I know that if I don't, I will spend way too much money at the grocery store, and we will still not have great meals. I LOVE that I now have a tangible cookbook full of great recipes that I can plan into every week of the year. It's genius!
-The next thing I love is that along with every main dish, they have paired a side dish or two and even a dessert. This is revolutionary for me because I find lots of great recipes to try online, but sometimes a good side dish for that meal is not always easy to come up with.
-Another thing that makes this a great cookbook is the bright and clear photos of each recipe. Sure a cookbook does not have to have pictures of all the recipes, but I certainly I am more likely to try a recipe if there is a picture of it.
-Lastly, the Six Sisters always put a bonus in their books (I also have their 12 Days of Christmas cookbook), they include fun ideas for bringing your family together, especially around the dinner table and other traditions. They give you some fun ideas of how to mix things up and do something a little different with your family.
I would absolutely recommend this book to anyone! I am really excited to try out all these new recipes throughout the whole year!
on August 2, 2014
This cookbook does not have a bad recipe in it. Everything I have made is so good you seriously cannot wait to make it again. I love love love the photos on every page there is nothing better than seeing what your making. We eat with our eyes first and taste second. This cookbook delivers on all levels. Every single one of my girlfriends is getting a copy for Christmas. I cannot wait to try the other cookbooks these genius ladies have written.
VINE VOICEon April 8, 2014
Continuing on the success of their blog and their first cookbook, the Six Sisters have a second. Like the first one, Six Sisters' Stuff, this includes crafts and fun suggestions as well as recipes. Also as with the first book, all of the recipes are easy to make and call for ingredients you most likely have in your kitchen. Again there is a strong reliance on prepared/canned ingredients like canned soup, cake mixes, frozen bread and refrigerator pie crusts and biscuits. The difference with this cookbook is that the recipes are organized as complete menus, each with a main dish, side or salad or bread and a dessert. Each recipe has a photograph which is something I really appreciate.

I made Snickerdoodle Blondies because I wanted a non-chocolate dessert for a family dinner (The Doctor is allergic to chocolate). The recipe came together easily and was a hit with my family. While it is lacking the distinct tartness that comes with true Snickerdoodles, this was nevertheless a hit with my family. My mom and sister both requested the recipe and the kids couldn't get enough. It's pretty rich and goes well with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

I have quite a few other recipes marked and look forward to trying them.
on March 12, 2016
I love the Six Sisters cookbooks and have several. This is nice to fall back on when you just can't seem to come up with another meal plan. They give you menus and recipes combined. And, of course, you can just use the recipes without using the menus. Great Idea.
on June 9, 2014
I have their first book and love it as well but this one is even better! I love how it has so many meals planned out for you including main dish, salad or side, and then dessert. About 90% of the recipes in here so far are delicious and easy to shop for and prepare. I can't recommend this book highly enough. One of my favorites!