5.0 out of 5 stars My new favorites
Published on June 24, 2007 by SpringAzure

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely terrible
Published on March 6, 2012 by A. Wagh

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favorites, June 24, 2007
This review is from: 18k Yellow Gold Plated Sterling Silver Ruby Flower Dangle Earrings (Jewelry)
Ruby is my birthstone. I've never had real rubies but always wanted some, so I took a chance on the one 5-star review that was already posted, as well as the bargain price. I'm so glad I did. These earrings are simply beautiful. They are tiny (be sure to check out the measurements listed), but you have to expect that for precious gems at this low price. They are still big enough to be seen and admired--I would call them a delicate size. They are subtly beautiful and perfect for my style, which is not flashy, garish, or look-at-me. As the description states, they are opaque, PINK-RED stones. The hinged lever-back clasps are sturdy and tight. I love the color--it's not quite fuchsia or magenta, but note that they are NOT PRIMARY RED. I'm using a Dell monitor, and the color is reproduced exactly on it. The center diamonds (diamond "chips" I believe) are minuscule but still add sparkle--the entire setting sparkles delightfully under incandescent lighting.

5.0 out of 5 stars So pretty!, June 8, 2007
These are delicate and beautiful. I wasn't expecting much for the price, but the colors are so rich and they're very wearable... I can not wait to show these off!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Daughter's First On-Line Purchase, August 4, 2009
My daughter wanted to get a great gift for her best friend's 14th birthday. She had limited funds, but wanted ruby and gold earrings. We went to all of the department stores and everything was more than ninety dollars. With little expectation we went on-line to Amazon.com and did a quick "Ruby Earring" search. These earrings were on the first page of results and my daughter was in love with them. They were perfect and completely affordable. As a matter of fact, there were so affordable that she bought two pair-one for her friend and one for herself. I was skeptical at the price and did not expect a quality product for such a low cost. The order came a day earlier than promised and they were not only beautiful and of good construction, but they also had gem information and care instructions to boot. My skepticism was gone. Thank you for a great experience!

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely terrible, March 6, 2012
I would NOT recommend anyone to buy this item. It tarnishes way too easily. The gold plating is a joke. I would give it a 0 star if I could. I bought these in Sep 2009. The jewelry turned black within a matter of 13 months. I had spent close to $165 buying the complete set - bracelet, necklace and earrings as a wedding gift. To my embarrassment the bride returned the jewelry back to me indicating that this set had already tarnished in Oct 2010. If it is $5 item then I am okay with the item tarnishing within a year or two. However at this price point an 18K gold plated item better hold up. I contacted Amazon but they only have a 30 day return policy. So long story short stay away from it. I would like to know the feedback from all the folks who gave positive feedback on this item within 30 day of purchase. How is it holding up? I am uploading some pictures so that you can judge it for yourself!!!

Note: I would advise you to look at jewelry made by RISIS - Singapore. Not a single black mark after 18 years and I paid $35 for the real orchids (plated with 24K gold) earring set.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, July 29, 2012
I purchased these for my granddaughter's 9th birthday on July 29th. I opened the package and I thought this is exactly what I wanted. Closed them up and put them away. BUT when I opened them up to wrap them for the party they were all tarnished. Now, it's too late for me to return them. I'M NOT HAPPY!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Tarnishes in just 5 months!!, August 19, 2012
Would you imagine that the workmanship could be so poor that it the gold plating wears off in just 5 months? Well this pair of earrings have already tarnished and are un-wearable. They have been carefully placed in their original container and have never been worn. I purchased this item as a gift and am yet to present it to whom it was intended for. It seems like I'll have to toss it away.

On calling Amazon today they were good enough to provide some promotional credit but they could not accept a return

18k Yellow Gold Plated Sterling Silver Ruby Flower Dangle Earrings

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful earrings but a little undurable, July 16, 2011
These earrings are very beautiful. I got them from my mom on Christmas, and wore them for a while, and they were fine.But only for a while. Unfortunately for me, a tiny curved band that made the earrings snap close, broke. So now I can't wear them because the earrings might just fall off at any random time. I'm so sad! :'( If you are very active, u probably shouldn't buy this.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but didn't hold up..., December 22, 2010
I really liked these earrings, but both were lost when the leverbacks stopped locking in place after just a couple months of use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very danty....very cute!!!, June 1, 2009
I love this earrings. It's adorable and looks beautiful on my 6yrs old daughter. It's very well secured and I don't have to worry about loosing one of them. It's not that cheesy thin wired earrings that Amazon sells at times. It's very well made. I am completely satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful delicate earrings, January 11, 2010
I love the earrings. I think they are well worth the price. They are small and delicate but that is what I love about them. I don't like big, heavy earrings. The earrings I received are a red color. I think they are perfect.

18k Yellow Gold Plated Sterling Silver Ruby Flower Dangle Earrings