Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Primary Stone Gem Type: garnet|Change

on October 29, 2008
I wasn't sure I'd like these earrings based on the photo alone. I was surprisingly pleased when they arrived. They are quite pretty, delicate, nicely-sized, and unique. I've had several compliments on the appearance of the earrings. I would use caution if you have any allergies to metals in jewelry. I thought that the 18K gold overlay would be fine but apparently it was not for me. I have no problems when I wear fine jewelry and I am not so allergic that I have to shop only for hypo-allergic jewelry, but I've found that these earrings are a problem. Within minutes of wearing them, my ears do feel irritated and at maximum, I can only wear them for one day. If I attempt to wear them two or more days in a row, they produce an intolerable irritated feeling.
on March 27, 2009
I got the earrings and the matching ring for my wife. The color has already faded from both in just a few short months since Christmas. They are very pretty but now since the color is fading I have to really focus and look at them from a distance to even tell that they have stones.
on August 19, 2009
The earrings exceeded my expectation. They are so beautiful! The gold [overlay] is perfect and the peridot stones sparkles beautifully. I am happier with this purchase than the other peridot earrings I got which is pure 14K. I highly recommend this one, you won't regret you purchase this. I got this at under twenty (after additional 30% off this month offer), it's really a very good deal. I'll be buying again another similar kind from Amazon.
on October 18, 2009
The earrings were not the blue I had expected, in fact they were so light in color you hardly could tell they were supposed to be blue topez. I was very disappointed in the color.
on March 17, 2011
If you are looking for *blue* topaz, look somewhere else. These stones are pretty much colorless. They might look blue if you hold them up against a blue background. Also note that they aren't quite weighted properly, so the butterflies will tend to drop forward in your ear.
on May 29, 2009
These earrings are everything you see here and more. I love the look and the feel. The Peridot shimmers and glistens beautifully. Very sweet earrings!

Pros:
design
size
comfort
color
options of gemstones in this style
gold

Cons:
soft metal
on April 21, 2014
I bought the garnet ones and they are very lovely. However, after wearing them only 3 times, a garnet fell out of the upper right "wing" of the butterfly and the earrings are unwearable now.

The return window is only 30 days, so I'm out of luck and out of money.
on January 16, 2015
I love the look of these earrings, but the post irritated my ears instantly when I put them on. It's a little bigger than the posts on my other earrings of that type, so thought that it was to large for the hole in my ear. However, when I read someone else's post about being allergic to metal, I then was confused as to whether it was the size of the post or the metal that was irritating me. At any rate, I had made some jewerly in the past and had the tools I needed to take the post off and exchange it with the post on an old pair of earrings that I never wear and now I love them and they don't irritate my ears. I was happy that I was able to do this because I liked them so much that I didn't want return them and also because peridot is my birthstone.
on December 6, 2012
bought these last year and sadly, the gold color comes off fairly quickly, leaving them dull & sort of dirty looking (get the tarnish off w/silver polish or all-jewelery cleaner on non-stone area). on top of this, it seems to tarnish inside where the stones are set, so the earrings look dirty all the time since you can't get in under the stone to clean. tried brushes, dipping in cleaning solution, nothing works. save your money unless you plan to use very sparingly.
on March 9, 2011
I bought the necklace, earrings and ring and they are just so sweet and playful -- to me, they look just like summer! And they have a very nice weight to them. Plus, at this price, I can wear them without worrying so much if something happens to them. I'm tough on jewelry.