1,086 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for inactive cats
I bought this on Amazon under a different name (Undercover Mouse) but was sent Cat's Meow brand toy. One of my cats loves it, sits by it, comes running when I turn it on, or even hears me moving it. She'll play with it for an hour or more if I let her, which is great because my two indoor cats can use the exercise and extra mental amusement etc. Second cat is totally...
Published 16 months ago by Steve Murphy

1.0 out of 5 stars Just say no
If you must buy this thing, do it through Amazon for the easy return, which will likely happen. Here's the unhappy truth: My elderly mother saw the 2 for 1 TV ad - something like 2 for $20 plus P&H. The call center was noisy, the rep fast talking. She ordered the TV special, nothing more. When it arrived, there were three in the box, with no invoice. She put them...
Published 15 months ago by ham2

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as seen on TV, July 9, 2013
This review is from: Cats Meow Yellow Undercover Fabric Moving Mouse Cat Play Cat's Toy As Seen on Tv (Toy)
Unfortunately - even with a two for one deal- This cat toy, Nor the second one, works as advertised. Two Toys - received and neither works. Moving part gets stuck in one place and does not move except for four inches back and forth. Not all of the way around as it should.

Don't waste your money.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cat's Meow a bust!, July 27, 2013
I must say I am disappointed with this product. I usually don't buy info commercial products, but I felt compelled to after my cat "Buddy" (three years old) displayed quite an interest by jumping at the screen while the commercial was on. He usually isn't a TV watcher and to see him so excited I just couldn't refuse buying this for him. Got the product within a week and placed the batteries in only to find that the toy is actually very noisy and my cat either disturbed by the noise or rapid motion of the tail was not interested in playing with the toy while it was on. He did try to go under the yellow circle tarp after it was turned off, but otherwise the toy just sits unused. My other cat who is nine seems disinterested as well. Paid $43.00 for this product through their website. Warning: they are very slick and you will be charged a totally different amount for the product. I did call and complained and they said that they would refund me the additional charge.

4.0 out of 5 stars How to fix this toy, August 3, 2013
I bought this for my cat since he showed such an interest in the TV commercial. I did buy from the official website and not amazon but the products are the same. My cat loved the toy! It was definitely worth the money based on how much he enjoys it but it is a $20-30 toy, not a magic toy. He played with it the first night, but after an hour of play it started getting slowed down by the fabric cover. We tried it the second night and the only way it would move is if I lifted the yellow fabric. The third night it wanted to move but didn't. It also had developed a "grinding" noise. My husband took it apart to investigate. He didn't really find anything causing the resistance. We had read that the batteries drained it fast so we tried the same batteries in the second "free" unit and that unit worked fine, so it was not dead/dying batteries. He put it back together and it wouldn't move at all. Putting two and two together, he loosened some screws and now it works great! Yes, it is noisy, but seeing how much my cat loves his toy it's well worth the squeaky sound. And if you really want to have fun, put the two units on side by side!

Here's how we did it:
1. Unscrew the collar that holds the yellow fabric skirt on the toy and remove the yellow skirt.
2. Pull up on the cover that is around the on/off button. Just gently pull up, it does not unscrew.
3. Loosen the three screws that are showing so that they are still engaged but not clamping down on it.
4. Reassemble the unit and it should work just fine.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, August 9, 2013
This toy is advertised as "silent" but it is definitely not. My older cat looked at it curiously then walked away and laid down. My younger, playful cat attempted to play with it but became quickly bored after he caught it quickly and it stopped moving . We tried it several times but they just aren't interested and the sound is very annoying to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, July 25, 2013
I don't understand all the bad reviews on this product. I bought through the Cats Meow website and got two for $35 including shipping cost. Our cat loves it! It is very durable and when the cat stops it, it makes a chirping noise and continues when he decides to let it go. He is back at it in seconds. The fabric is a tight knit material that does not become caught in a cats claws. You need to get three c sized batteries.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, August 10, 2013
the cats love it HOWEVER, the moving stick constantly gets stuck under the nylon cover - it's so not worth the $29 I paid!!! Bsttery life isn't long either already on my 4th set of 3 C batteries.. had it about 2 weeks. I'm trying to return it even though I dumped the box. then I just realized they are selling for $19.99 buy 1 get one free on the cats meow site directly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Toy For Our Indoor Fat Cat If It Didn't Break So Fast, August 4, 2013
I'm editing my previous 5 star review I'm sorry to say. We've returned three Cat's Meows after about one weeks use. They were purchased from three different Amazon resellers by my husband. The fourth was lame out of the box, spinning in only one direction very slowly, then it failed. We haven't returned that one yet. I'm sorry because our cat loves this toy so much.

***Original Review***
Life was different when we had an indoor/outdoor cat. We didn't need this type of toy, but our neighborhood wasn't kind to our outdoor cat and we lost him to a coyote:( Eventually we adopted another cat from the local animal shelter. He's a big fluffy handsome boy who weighs over 15 pounds and he lives indoors full time. We wanted a toy to help him get some extra exercise. My husband purchased our first Cat's Meow from E-Bay. He purchased a second one from Amazon because our kitty got so much value from the first one. You will need rechargeable batteries if you have the toy on a lot. We sometimes leave it on all night for our cat to play with. It's not indestructible but still works with the tip of the plastic "tail" chewed off and tears in the nylon "skirt" that covers the "tail." It seems pricey for what it is, but for us the value was there.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes attention getter, July 19, 2013
When I first got this the cats just looked at it. So I left it lay and they would sleep on it. Now one of them plays with it-the other 2 just look or sleep on it. The only noise it makes is the motor as it goes around. Update-2 of them now will play with it. Sometimes. But they get bored after about 10 minutes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Petunia loves this!, September 24, 2013
As you can see, I purchased this for Petunia. Now Petunia is a Maine Coon who happens to be a REALLY good mouser. She sat and watched this for a few minutes and then caught the tail in her clawless paws first time out. She does play with it, letting it go and then catching it again. I don't leave this out for her all the time because she has taken to "catching" the red tail in her teeth. She holds the tail for awhile listening to the noise and lets it go. She also likes looking under the yellow skirt to see where the mouse is. I think she really enjoys playing with it. I highly recommend this for your baby's amusement.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, Buy a ball of yarn., August 23, 2013
Well I started out trying to buy the "Cats Meow" at their AS SEEN ON web site. I found out the BUY GET ONE FREE OFFER, is not an offer but a mandate. So I started looking for other places to buy just one. I found this seller at AMAZON.com. After paying $28.98 for one, I found out it was being shipped on a slow boat from China. Once the unit finally arrived, I opened the box removed it, put batteries in it and turned it on. Low and behold, it don't work. The lights light up but nothing else. Thinking what a pain in the behind it will be to return it. I decided to explore the problem. Took it apart and found the motor was stuck. Once I got the motor to turn, I reassembled it and it worked fine for a couple days. Than it got stuck again. Took it apart once more and got it to work again. As far as the cat goes he stares at it like It's a good book. I think the reason the "mandatory" BUY GET ONE FREE goes, they give you two hoping one of them will work. If they sold one unit for $5.99 you may get what you pay for. Save your self some money and buy a ball of yarn.

Cats Meow Yellow Undercover Fabric Moving Mouse Cat Play Cat's Toy As Seen on Tv by Cats Meow Yellow Undercover Fabric Moving Mouse Cat Play Cat's Toy As Seen on Tv
$19.99 $14.50