Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Yeowww Cigar Catnip Toy, Singles
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Size: 7 Inch|Change

on January 18, 2007
My cats once got a catnip stogie when my boyfriend went to Austin TX for a visit. They are not particularly impressed by normal catnip toys (dried and crushed is appealing for an hour, maybe). He brought it home, and they have been grooming and bunny-kicking it for over two years now! I decided to look for a new one, so I did some Amazon searching and found this.

Now, I don't remember what brand the old stogie was. And as I mentioned before, they don't respond to everything with "catnip" pasted on it. I read through the reviews of other Amazon patrons and decided their posts were similar enough to my own experiences to give it a try. So I buy this, and I buy the catnip banana from another company.

The box arrives a few days after Christmas. I bring it inside and sit down with it on my lap. My older cat, all of 5 years, jumped up on my lap, took a couple of nuzzly sniffs, then proceeded to try biting a hole in the cardboard box! My younger one was looking on with interest.

So I took them out, and it was love at first lick. I had to take the two toys away because they were also attacking each other a little TOO violently, after ten minutes of continuous play. And, as expected, they were pretty kitty spitted. So we've gotten to the point when they're allowed to have one out at a time, and if I want to find it, I just look for a kitty hunkered down under a blanket, grooming it.

A real success story here!
on March 31, 2014
My cat loves Yeowww stuff, even though he doesn't care for catnip. We had the banana before but he ripped it open so we got him the cigar. He tosses the cigar around the house and chases it.
VINE VOICEon November 29, 2008
Yeowww catnip toys are the best. Even our 19 year old who'd stopped playing a long time ago would bat at the catnip banana.

If I thought they'd gone bananans over that toy, you should see the smoking fun over the cigar. Our youngest girl cuddles it then throws it away. They fight, they roll, it's a laugh a minute.

The best thing--nothing harmful here. The toy's filled with all high-grade catnip. If they rip it open, nothing to mess up their guts.

Rebecca Kyle, November 2008
on April 15, 2014
Cats love catnip.......................however, as much as our cats love catnip, they love it better when it's inside a toy or play item. I have purchased all sorts of catnip items, from those common catnip balls to catnip pillows to catnip mice. However, the most playful we have ever seen any of our cats is with this catnip cigar. We don't know if it's the shape or the quality of the catnip, but every cat, every time just prefers the catnip cigar.....................it's addicting.......................
on December 1, 2015
My cat is obsessed with this toy. He gums it and rolls around with it and clearly just can't get enough. This is the second Yeowww catnip toy I've owned (after the banana) that my ferocious feline has chewed to bits. A great brand with great products, and this is no exception. I received this product for a discount in exchange for my honest review.
review image
on November 1, 2015
 Wowwwww .. this Yeoww Cigar Catnip Toy is a HIT in my home! I got the package on a very busy night and did not have time to open it, so I threw it on the counter in my kitchen and forgot about it. BUT .. not for long! As I was doing my school work, I started to hear a rustling behind me and could not figure out the sound for the life of me. Upon investigation, I found my cat up on the counter ... laying on the bag ... and trying his best to break into it! This catnip is so strong that he could smell it through the packaging and was so called to it that he broke the rules and jumped up on my counter! Needless to say, we had to capture his enthusiasm on video (which we have included in the review as proof that this is the cat's meow of catnip toys.) Then, we opened it .. and the fun really began. He is absolutely in love with it! The only drawback is that we actually had to put it on top of the wall unit to make him take a break! LOL! Your cats will love this toy ... we are life long customers as far as our cat is concerned! We bought the first one at a reduced rate for an honest review ... but we will be back for more at regular price ... that is for sure!
on March 24, 2008
Not much I can say other than this is cat crack. They love this stuff!
on April 22, 2015
My cat has loved his catnip cigars for years! It's really the only one that he will go nuts for, and drool all over. Sadly, they don't last long for a couple reasons. 1) The catnip aroma must die down because he will only go nuts for it the first couple of days. After that, he will bite it if I play with him, but he won't be seen rolling around with it like a toy. 2) The material will eventually pull at the seams from him biting it (it's intended purpose) and the cat nip will start to come out. At that point you have to toss or else you end up with a carpet full of loose catnip debris.

Because of these drawbacks, I don't order as often. I would normally buy these every week. Then it went down to every month. Now I am at every few months.
on April 12, 2016
My cat loves this thing. He goes totally bonkers over it. He did pierce a very tiny hole in it with his claws, so the catnip has been spilling out for a while. It's now only about half-stuffed with the catnip. I've noticed if we "lose" it for a few days, and we later find it underneath something, it's as if it's a brand new toy to him. So I do think if you buy this and find that your cat gets used to it, it may be helpful to take it away and reintroduce it a few days later. Watch the excitement happen all over again! I do wish these were cheaper, but they are well worth the money. I feel like it makes my cat undeniably ecstatic! When I first read about the "high quality catnip" I was wondering how the heck people can tell it's high quality. As soon as I opened the package, I could tell it certainly is different than any other catnip I've ever smelled. It's stronger but also calmer and milder somehow, hard to explain. But you can't go wrong with this purchase, so just buy it.
on April 10, 2016
Our two cats flip for these catnip cigars. Both our cats have their claws, front and back. They lay down on their sides, front claws firmly holding the cigars in the feline "death grip" and back legs flailing non-stop while they're rubbing their faces on them. Then, after a few minutes of that, they tucker out and quietly nod off. Every few weeks, I crush and roll the cigars around in my hands to release more of the catnip essence within them. They'll each last about two or three months before losing the essence. But, if you're adept at sewing, you can rip open the seam at one end, dump out the spent catnip and refill the cigar with fresh catnip. The fabric itself is pretty sturdy. .

See 1 answered question