5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, March 11, 2014
This review is from: Yertle the Turtle - Dr. Seuss (App)
These books are just fantastic. You can take them anywhere you go to entertain your children.

It really is nice to see books I read to my own children many years ago, although, frankly it is making me feel old <vbg>. ;-)

These books are now available with sound and wonderful pictures. They are interactive and you can either read the book, or have a narrator read the book to you. When the child touches a highlighted word, it interacts with the. It really is an awesome way to get children into books. kids just love these and so do I.

5.0 out of 5 stars ...another homerun by the doctor every kid loves!, September 2, 2013
This review is from: Yertle the Turtle - Dr. Seuss (App)
As always, a great read w/a great lesson from our beloved Dr. Seuss! The graphics were fun & I loved the narator's voice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cool way to enjoy a classic!, March 28, 2013
M. Sammarco (Huntsville, AL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Yertle the Turtle - Dr. Seuss (App)
Yertle the Turtle has been one of my favorites since I was little. This is a neat way to share the book with my two-year old in a new way. I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars like it!!!!!!, March 10, 2013
This review is from: Yertle the Turtle - Dr. Seuss (App)
I like mack and yertle.Love Dr. seuss' books. They are funny. Yertle the turtle is my favorite.I like Dr.seuss' books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good App, February 11, 2013
This review is from: Yertle the Turtle - Dr. Seuss (App)
Obviously it's a classic book and I knew the content wouldn't disappoint. :) I bought this for my 1st grader to practice her reading. She loves it. It is just interactive enough to make it interesting without distracting from the point. It is a book not a video game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yertle the Turtle-Dr. Seuss, May 11, 2012
This review is from: Yertle the Turtle - Dr. Seuss (App)
My 4 year old loves the Yertle the Turtle App. He enjoys listening to the story being told to him with the ability to touch the screen and have items identified that he sees. I love this App because my six year old can read the story at his own pace and touch words that he doesn't know to have them identified. Highly recommend all Dr. Seuss App's.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, October 19, 2013
This review is from: Yertle the Turtle - Dr. Seuss (App)
We like the interactive book apps. These are so much better than the other book apps we've seen out there.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute Book, September 14, 2013
This review is from: Yertle the Turtle - Dr. Seuss (App)
My granddaughters have moved a thousand miles away from us, and I was able to read this to them for the first time last evening. They really liked it. I plan to get Skype set up soon so that I can show them the really cute art work that goes with it. That will make it even better.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, February 29, 2012
This review is from: Yertle the Turtle - Dr. Seuss (App)
I enjoyed Dr. Seuss. I think he is a good author. I enjoy his books very much. the books have great rhyming to them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yertle the Turtle, KING of your tablet, February 7, 2012
Wix (PA United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Yertle the Turtle - Dr. Seuss (App)
If you are not familiar with Yertle the Turtle, it is perhaps one of the best Seuss books out there. Yertle is a tyrant in Sala-ma-sond, obsessed with owning all he can see. Yertle uses his underling turtles for a throne to make himself more powerful, yet the little turtle Mack does a little thing to knock the nagging King off his high horse. The story is a subtle way to teach kids about community, respect and basic human rights.

So now for the application - works well, compliments and augments the experience. And for much less than the hardcover book you can have King Yertle on your tablet or phone for your little one's viewing pleasure. I am a big fan since my kids can identify these apps as stories and can use my tablet to access whichever story they want.

These story book apps are wonderful for several reasons:
More portable than LeapFrog, a lot cheaper per title.
No ripped or bent pages to worry about.
The story is read to the child and reinforces reading through interactive touch.
More advanced readers can choose to read without help.

Hopefully the trend of bringing these books to tablets will continue and expand. My kids also love Leo the Lightning Bug and One Fish, Two Fish. My tablet is the Acer A500 and these apps work and appear well.

Yertle the Turtle - Dr. Seuss