If the world was my way, every person would read this book. I am 52, a Mom, Executive, a volunteer, teacher, an athlete, and this book makes you truly FEEL the possibilities in every avenue of your life. You will not feel the same about your own potential after reading this,and the world will seem a bit brighter, no matter how
positive a perspective you have. Go...
Published on November 8, 2009 by Christina M. Pegram

3.0 out of 5 stars Cut the fat!
Published on November 30, 2010 by DD

5.0 out of 5 stars Go for the gold in all facets of life, reading this book will help you!, November 8, 2009
This review is from: Go for No! Yes is the Destination, No is How You Get There (Paperback)
positive a perspective you have. Go for it, read the book, you won't be sorry. For
the record I am extremely busy and have read 100s of books and this is the FIRST review
I have ever bothered to write.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not just going to change the way you sell. It will change the way you live., September 30, 2009
If you're in any kind of sales-related occupation, you've dealt with rejection. The cold call hangups, the string-you-along time parasite who ditches you at the end... all the "bad stuff" you put up with in sales. We all know we're not supposed to take it personally, but the truth is that - on varying levels - we do. We get tougher skin and learn to let it roll off... but we still think of it as something to be endured. Why? Because we've been conditioned to believe that "No" is painful, embarrassing, and to be avoided if at all possible.

Get ready to look at the world differently. Richard Fenton and Andrea Waltz have produced a paradigm-changing book that is going to give you a whole new perspective on the sales process. By giving you a new way to look at non-affirmative and non-buying responses, they have freed you to talk to more people more effectively and more successfully. Losing the fear of "No" is a fast track to improved performance.

The book couldn't be easier to read and digest. This message is delivered in story form, an intriguing and familiar structure that has worked in plenty of previous business books. Our brains are wired to process information in story form, and this story is simply told (and affordably priced) for maximum impact.

By the way - this isn't just another self-talk book. With Go for No! Fenton and Waltz have turned on a light in the formerly dark, scary room of "No!" It turns out that the room is actually full of useful tools for your career and your life. "No" is a success word!

Say "Yes" to Go for No!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Book!, February 9, 2008
Michael D. Murphy (Sherman, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
This is the book that we all wished we would have had 25 years ago (well, at least if you're near my age :). A most amazing book! Master this book and you'll master 'winning in life'. Success, wealth and achievement will virtually track you down and force themselves into your life. This book is not a book that is 'recommended'; this book is required reading for anyone wanting to pursue and live their dreams. Get it into your hands as fast as you can. You'll wonder how you've survived this long without it.

Michael Murphy
Powerful Attitudes

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read for sales professionals, February 1, 2010
No matter what you sell this is the book for you. I rank this right up there with Tom Hopkins' How to Master the Art of Selling and Zig Ziglar's See You at the Top. The concept is simple --- the more people you talk to, the more sucessful you will be. However, this is a different approach. The authors successfuly sell the idea that you must fall in love with the word NO. If you have been in sales for more than a few minutes, you really love YES and you don't like NO very much. What if you could learn to love hearing NO? I haven't reached that point yet but the authors have helped me stomach it better!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for every seller prospecting for new business!, September 8, 2010
I read "Go for No" on the short flight from Chicago to Toronto. Yes, it's a small book and a fast read but it packs a powerful punch. I've read hundreds of books on selling and finally here is a well thought out and creative approach to alleviate what has become pandemic in selling today - "call reluctance". If you are a sales professional or a small business owner who is paralyzed by the word "no" read this delightful story. It will shift your thinking and your sales success.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cut the fat!, November 30, 2010
DD (Daly City, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Go for No! (Audio CD)
I purchased the audiobook so this review is about that, and it's my personal opinion. The philosophy of this material (go for no) is excellent and will greatly help anyone in sales or generally in life. If you're in sales, you need to hear this today and then go live it, apply it and make it central to your thinking. However, on this CD, you have to wade through a bunch of corny stories about a fantasy trip into the future, including private jets, Pebble Beach, maids and this guys' awesome golf game. No joke. I wish they offered an abridged version with just the philosophy, "the meat" and not all the lard. Be warned, you'd need to listen to this stuff several times to get it, so you'll have to listen to this "fantasy flight" through time and space over and over too. To me, that's annoying. Caveat emptor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Motivation Cynic Loves This Motivational Book, September 6, 2010
Having attended a lot of conferences and heard many motivational speakers, I was dubious when I received a copy of this little book, especially when I learned it was a fable. I loved this book. I found the story engaging enough to get past the fable to really absorb the message. I've always hated no, and waited for opportunity to knock. I did not realize that I needed the "wantingness" to hear no to get opportunity to open the door. I found the Five Failure Levels chart really helpful. In order to get to the "wantingness" Fenton and Waltz suggest getting sufficiently accustomed to hearing no that you can move on to the next conversation with ease and enough curiosity to make necessary changes to get to yes. I highly recommend this book, even for motivational cynics like myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 Things I Like About "Go For No!", March 15, 2010
There are 3 things I really like about this book; it's easy to read, it's fun to read, and it totally changed the way I think about failure.

The first thing I like about it is that it is easy to read. It's less than 90 pages, it's written in the style of a story, and it's written in plain English. It took a little more than an hour to read. These factors help make it easier for the busy people in my organization to find the time to give it a chance.

The second thing that I like about it is that it's fun to read. It has interesting characters who encountered situations I could relate to. It reminded me of several good movies that I've seen (It's a Wonderful Life is one that comes to mind). The fact that it's fun and interesting encourages the people in my organization to actually talk to each other about the book. It's kind of like going to work the day after an episode of Lost--everyone is talking about it.

The third thing that I like about the book is the important lesson that it teaches; that it's OK to fail. By page 29, I learned that I'd been thinking about the relationship between success and failure all wrong. I also learned about the different levels of failure and what it takes to progress through them. These lessons empower not only me but my entire organization as well.

I highly recommend Go For No! Not just because it is easy and fun to read, but because of the valuable lesson that it teaches--that NO, in any language, is the most empowering word in the world.

5.0 out of 5 stars "GO FOR NO" is a yes!, January 18, 2009
Dan Mccormick "dan mccormick" (Orange county, ca United States) - See all my reviews
While we all know, no single book can change a life, only you the reader can, GO FOR NO, can inspire you to greatness. The world of network marketing is opportunity driven and this book is a home run for the novice or the pro. In my view of teaching thousands of network markers I always recommended 3 books. First
the Og Mandino classic THE GREATEST SALESMAN IN THE WORLD, second Stephen R. Covey and the 7 HABITS OF HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE, and finally the book I re-wrote LESSONS FROM GREAT LIVES by Sterlng W. Sill and myself. The cumulation of education here teaches principles, habits and the value of reference points.
Adding Go For No will not only accelerate the learning curve but compress the time on the journey before you arrive at your financial dreams. [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Go for no to find success, February 21, 2010
Using a narrative story, the authors tell a story of how a salesman learns the value of going for no. I was very impressed by this book and it helped me rethink how I think about the word no, in relationship to my business. I've already started to appreciate no more and plan for it, realizing as I do that no can actually inspire me to become better at my business Go for no offers a simple well-written message, which speaks to the heart of sales and shows you how to take your sales to the next level and use NO to get to Success!

Go for No! Yes is the Destination, No is How You Get There
Go for No! Yes is the Destination, No is How You Get There by Andrea Waltz (Paperback - April 4, 2007)
$12.00 $9.69