Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

Format: Paperback|Change

on June 30, 2008
Garen Thomas provides a thought-provoking and honest look at race and politics.
The perfect addition to any middle or high school student's summer reading list.
on September 23, 2014
IT SUCKS!!!!!!
on January 7, 2012
I gave this book to my son when he was in 5th grade. He read it cover to cover. I think it helped him see Obama as a real person, as well as learn more about our political system. It was an inspiring read.
on July 26, 2009
Why are there so many books about Obama for children? I don't recall George W. Or William Clinton having so many children's books written about them. This is over indulgent. I have nothing against President Obama and wish nothing but the best for him and his family but please leave my children alone. It's not necessary to paint President Obama as a mythical figure. Yes, he's accomplished a good deal but much history is still waiting to be written. I would prefer that my children learn about Obama from the same objective point of view that my wife and I have learned of him. These children's books are not objective in the least and they do not paint a real picture of the struggle that President Obama has had do endure or will endure in the future. Frankly, I do not see the need to target children. It makes me truly question the author's intent!
on November 25, 2008
Garen Thomas has done a good service in writing this book that can inspire both the young and the adult. The illustrations add spice to the book. Obama's life is full of events and struggles and his burning faith and optimism are rare bonuses for mankind as a whole. Barack Obama is the new angel of this era and he has a Midas touch.

Gautam Maitra
Author of 'Tracing the Eagle's Orbit: Illuminating Insights into Major US Foreign Policies Since Independence'.
on October 5, 2008
As a specialist in children's therapy, I see this as a valuable book for educating children. I have a book collection of biographical series for children -- artists, musicians, politicians, etc. This has become a valuable part of my collection. I highly recommend this one.
on September 24, 2008
This book gave me a great overview of Barack Obama.
It is a page-turner because Obama has led a life rich with experience.
Garen Thomas' writing style informs and entertains.
The photographs of Obama and his family, travels, and career add to the book's appeal.
I highly recommend it to adults as well as young adults and children.
on August 7, 2008
This is definitely a book for adults, too.
It gives you an interesting insight of B. Obama's life as a politician but it doesn't forget his role as a son and father.
I couldn't put the book down.
5stars!!
on July 7, 2008
I bought this book for one of my child therapy clients at work and we read it together. We couldn't put it down. I am speaking for the both of us when I say that the book "Yes We Can" was enlightening and inspiring. Not only did it do a great job of explaining the American political system to young readers, but it also detailed Barack Obama's life in a way that offers youth the inspiration to achieve great things in life.
on June 29, 2008
Is there a limit to the hagiography surrounding Barack Obama? According to Garen Thomas, apparently not. By all means, let's get children involved in the propaganda offensive. And certainly, let's not help them to think critically and objectively by providing a well rounded and balanced protrait. Soon to be found in the Blind Idolatry section of your child's school library.
77 comments|22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse