5.0 out of 5 stars Striking images
This is the best commemorative book for the election I've seen so far. The photographer has an unusual eye, and most of her images are not the sort of thing that was being regularly printed in newspapers and magazines during the campaign. Most of the photos are of press events or rallies, and there's not much from behind the scene (which is a shame). Many of the best...
Published on December 12, 2008 by Mnah Mnah

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
I was so excited by Scout's interview on the Charlie Rose program I immediately knew this book was going to be part of my growing Obama Historical Collection. My exctied trip to the bookstore left me very disappointed. The photographs were absolutely incredible. I was inspired all over again as I viewed the campaign from the very beginning.

However, I was so...
Published on January 27, 2009 by Sun Goddess

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Campaign Images, January 27, 2009
This review is from: Yes We Can: Barack Obama's History-Making Presidential Campaign (Hardcover)
This is simply the best book of photographs on the Obama campaign that has been published. An outstanding collection of vibrant, touching, and insightful images from Obama's rallies, speeches and events.

If you were involved in the Obama campaign, as I was, or if you were simply caught up the passion of his candidacy - then this book is a must have.

"Yes We Can" deserves the accolades it has received and deserves much more attention, as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent gift, January 27, 2009
Gave this to my father for Christmas. He loved it! excellent documentation of a historic event

5.0 out of 5 stars a great way to remember a historical election, January 22, 2009
YES WE CAN is an amazing photographic journey commemorating Obama's historic road to the White House. You can feel the energy rise as you turn the pages. I'm so glad I have such a lucid and stunning chronological documentation of the what will probably remain the most significant political campaign in my lifetime. The excerpts from his speeches are timeless and inspirational. definitely recommended...i guarantee your friends will want to flip through the whole thing when they visit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes We Can, January 19, 2009
This book provides a striking and heart-warming collection of photos, depicting Barak Obama's journey to the White House. Scout captured some wonderful images of supporters and the newly-elected president himself, helping readers to understand (and feel a part of) Obama's ground-breaking campaign. The interspersed quotes help to remind us of some of the greatest speeches and best moments of the campaign. The only part that is missing from this book are images of what happened behind-the-scenes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book and pictures, October 5, 2010
Great book that followed the president thru-out the campaign. The pictures are wonderful. I gave this book away as x-mas gifts last year...to 10 family members. Most of us have ours on the cocktail table as a conversation piece.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes We Can, May 18, 2010
I am so pleased with this book. The full-page pictures are beautiful. The story the pictures tell (from the start of the campaign to nomination) is an American story of the opportunity here for anyone ambitious enough to pursue it. Scout has captured faces - many with joy and enthusiasm, some with tears, and faces of children who are looking so hopeful. This book is one great way to remember and relive the monumental achievement of a "minority" US citizen who has made it to the highest position in our government.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Gift, February 2, 2010
Christmas gift. Receiver delighted as was I who sent it. Thank you for a perfect transaction.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good photos, January 24, 2009
If you're looking for a book with good photos and some reasonable quotes, this may be your best choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes We Can: Barack Obama's History-Making Presidential Campaign, January 12, 2009
Great book. One photo in particular is in my mind's eye all the time. I'm surprised Scout wasn't named official White House Photog.

5.0 out of 5 stars History In Photos..., January 10, 2009
I first heard of Scout through a friend who emailed her website to me during the campaign. The pictures were so striking and beautiful, but she was asking hundreds of dollars for one print. I knew I could never afford it, but hoped that she would create a book or something less expensive after the campaign was over. And I am so happy that she did!!!! This book is absolutely amazing. Of course, the photos are great, but the excerpts of Obama's speeches and Scout's simple narration help to tell the story. The Iowa and general election photos are among my favorites. It's a wonderful book to keep on your coffee table or in your office - it's sure to grab attention and get some conversation going.

My only complaint is that some of the best photos are split down the middle because of the fold and binding of the book - but I guess that can't be avoided. The book is worth every penny!

Yes We Can: Barack Obama's History-Making Presidential Campaign
Yes We Can: Barack Obama's History-Making Presidential Campaign by Scout Tufankjian (Hardcover - December 1, 2008)
$29.95 $10.12