Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 28 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 26, 2012 7:28:19 PM PDT
Max Renn says:
Day one buy. I've never played this series before, and have been waiting for something like this.

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 7:29:47 PM PDT
Max Renn says:
Actually, now I'm wondering...is DLC included in this set?

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 9:03:32 PM PDT
K. Wendt says:
They weren't 100% clear on that. My guess is that ME1 will have the DLC included, but I could be wrong. ME2 will likely be what it was on its initial PS3 release. I'm thinking MAYBE ME3 will have From Ashes and the Extended Cut, but that's just me speculating.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2012 9:09:57 PM PDT
Max Renn says:
I don't have much faith that EA will give away so much for 60 bucks. Maybe they will surprise us...

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 10:27:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 26, 2012 10:28:08 PM PDT
K. Wendt says:
Well. For the PS3 version, including the two ME1 DLC would make sense. They weren't that big.

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 12:50:30 PM PDT
J. Kubat says:
I'm still debating whether I should get this or the digital download for ME1 via PSN. Someone said they won't get this because they already have 2 and 3. If this collection costed MORE than $60, I'd agree with them, but since new games alone cost $60, it's worth it to have a disc. Plus, it would all look pretty bundled together. :P

Max, you are going to thoroughly enjoy this series and 2 was one of my favorite games that I've ever played. Ever. Regarding DLC, 1 will most likely come with it since the game is five years old anyway and 2 came with all DLC except the $7 Arrival when it was first released on PS3. Since 2 came with all DLC (except Arrival), I'm thinking both 1 and 2 will come with all DLC and 2 MAY come with Arrival this time, but if not, it's still available in the store for $7.

ME3 is kind of a toss up because it's more recent. From Ashes was day one DLC and costs $10 in the store, but those that got the Collector's Edition got it for free. The extended cut ending as well as ALL the multi-player DLC is free in the store so even if this pack lacks them, just go to the store and download them. There was a firefight weapons pack that's $2. That might be included, but Leviathan which is $10 may not. Although, Leviathan is TOTALLY worth $10.

Another ME3 DLC where you visit a place you previously visited in ME2 (and I won't spoil that here since you haven't played the series... yet) is scheduled for release later this year sometime. That will most likely NOT be included in this pack. Even though you may not have faith in EA, have faith in Bioware. They listen to their fans and do a lot for them. So far, seven DLC's have been released for ME3 and FOUR of those (three multi-player and the extended cut ending) were free. The other three were a $2 weapons pack for campaign, Leviathan ($10) and From Ashes ($10) but the latter was free with the Collector's Edition. So have some faith in Bioware. :)

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 3:12:16 PM PDT
Max Renn says:
I'll pick this up. I really look forward to playing this well-regarded series.

Posted on Sep 28, 2012 4:44:23 PM PDT
Aaron Plettl says:
I'm gonna buy this! I only have 2 so it will be weird having a second copy of a game. I'm not one of those people that like a second copy unless 1) It comes bundled with other things like this or 2) It has something extra.

I already did this with MGS HD Collection, but my copy was for the PS2 and plus that had the MGS3:S extras that wasn't included with my PS2 version which was the MSX version of MG and MG 2.

Back to this, I'm getting it because of the obvious that Mass Effect 1 will be with it, plus ME3 all for $60 but I'll probably wait just a little while for price to go down but this is still way cool.

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 12:06:03 AM PDT
I. Davila says:
I own Mass Effect 2 and the Collector's Edition of ME3 on PS3 already. I'm a sucker, but I am totally buying this boxset. I don't care how many copies of Mass Effect I own, this comes with Mass Effect 1 on Disc. I figure for all of you who already have the DLC for 2 and 3 they will just blend right in anyway. I'm hoping for newcomers to the series they at least give ME2 the same DLC it received when it first released on PS3 standalone. Anyone new to this series is in for a serious treat. I can't wait to start fresh from ME1 to 3 on the PS3. It'll be strange but fun!

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 2:58:00 PM PDT
J. Kubat says:
Here's some info regarding the trilogy: http://www.ign.com/wikis/mass-effect-trilogy?abthid=50676630dd56656825000058

No word yet on the PS3 DLC, but it does mention what's included for the 360 and PC versions. One thing of note is that the ME1 digital download on PS3 will be only $15, so it will save a lot rather than getting the whole pack for $60. Still undecided, though. LOL!

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 9:28:10 PM PDT
Subject7 says:
I own 1 and 2 for pc but I can't play with max settings, I hate mouse and keyboard with 3rd person action games, and I don't want Origin anywhere near my laptop. I'll get this only if all the important dlc's are included.

Posted on Oct 3, 2012 6:18:51 PM PDT
Dan Truong says:
It's about time they started putting the 1st Mass Effect for PS3.

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 1:55:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 4, 2012 1:59:34 PM PDT
Rixatrix says:
So far, it won't be including all dlc (or even all major dlc).

"What DLC is included in the Mass Effect Trilogy?

On PC, Mass Effect will include Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station on disk. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included which features Zaeed - The Price of Revenge, The Firewalker Pack, Cerberus Assault Gear, Arc Projector heavy weapon, and Normandy Crash site mission. For Mass Effect 3, Online Pass will be included granting players access to co-op multiplayer.

On Xbox 360, Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station are not included with Mass Effect, however they are available as stand-alone downloads through Xbox LIVE. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included and Online Pass will be included for Mass Effect 3.

Information on PlayStation 3 DLC will be available soon."

http://www.masseffect.com/about/trilogy/

XBox 360 gets shafted on the ME dlc's, but at least "available as stand-alone downloads through Xbox LIVE" for additional out-of-pocket dollars!

Looks like no "Lair of the Shadow Broker" (the major ME2 DLC), no "Stolen Memory" (Kasumi Goto, the thief squadmate), no "Arrival" (mission from ME2 bridging to ME3), no "From Ashes" (major ME3 character dlc) or "Leviathan" (the more recent ME3 dlc) either. At least they are including Zaeed and Bring Down the Sky on the PC version, but it feels pretty cheap not to include at least all the ME2 dlc on all the platforms. IMHO it should include From Ashes too, as it was a day one ME3 dlc and caused quite a stir when everyone found out it was included on disc (as if it had been cut from the game to be sold separately as dlc).

I'm not surprised that it's just a lure to spend money on dlc. I do hope that EA changes its mind and releases all the downloadable content up till now in the trilogy, but once again, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw an "ultimate edition" with everything included 6 months to a year from now. The company would love people to double dip.

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 2:00:09 PM PDT
Dan Truong says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 2:11:04 PM PDT
Aaron Plettl says:
@Rixatrix - doesn't matter to me about the DLC for ME2 as I have that already (PS3 version). I just hope they include the ME1 DLC for the PS3 version. After that I won't put up too much of a fuss since I would at least have all 3 games, plus an extra copy of ME2.

After that, I can walk away happy. Now I just need Bioware to hurry up with the news about DLC.

Personally I think they should have figured out what is gonna be on it or just tell us up front right away instead of this piece meal handing out of information on something. If they plan on doing it great, if not at least I would know and can plan accordingly.

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 3:19:46 PM PDT
Max Renn says:
I waited this long to play the games. Guess I'll wait for an "ultimate" edition.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2012 11:23:19 PM PDT
Rixatrix says:
I'm guessing this trilogy is mostly for players who haven't bought the games yet. PS3 is getting Mass Effect (1) through the PS Store for $14.99, so if you're just missing the first game, that's the way to go.

But if you're new to franchise, I haven't added up all the math, but if you want the "whole story" (all the DLC), you'll be paying quite a bit out of pocket. Dragon Age, for example, got a really nice ultimate edition that included all 9 content packs and two games Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition. This set, on the other hand, seems like it's just begging the consumer to put down an additional $30 on DLC.

I hope I am wrong and that they release information including, at the very least, Bring Down the Sky, Lair of the Shadow Broker, and Arrival DLC's in the set. I own the Mass Effect games on several platforms and was hoping to get this for my father-in-law and my best friend, since they play primarily on PS3, but a PlayStation Store gift card for ME1 and Bring Down the Sky, the platinum version of ME2 Mass Effect 2 Platinum Hits, and $20 ME3 would make a better set, based on what we know about the trilogy edition now.

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 12:14:10 AM PDT
Cars&Guitars says:
Amazon needs to update the release date soon. The official Bioware site lists the date as 11/6. Which is in two weeks from now. Better start saving up my money.

http://www.masseffect.com/about/trilogy/

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2012 12:19:48 AM PDT
J. Kubat says:
Actually, that's for the 360 and PC. If you read the information on the link you provided, it says "and later" for the PS3. This is most likely due to the fact that ME1 was initially an exclusive to 360 and PC so they want the trilogy released for those two platforms first. I'm not complaining because I'll eventually get to play it, though.

Posted on Oct 28, 2012 11:12:49 AM PDT
Lewis Murdoc says:
EA has been ridiculously stingy about bundling DLC with the Mass Effect games since the release of ME2. There was never an "ultimate" collection for either ME1 or ME2, yet the Dragon Age series get ultimate editions no problem. I guess EA knows that ME fanboys will pay out the nose to get any extra bit of story/gameplay.

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 7:12:23 AM PDT
C. Magrabi says:
I'm guessing eventually, though probably years down the road, they'll have a ME Trilogy: Ultimate Edition. It'll likely not be for some time, not until they decide that it would be more profitable to release everything all at once instead of milking the DLC. Then again, knowing EA, it might never happen.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 12:00:07 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 12:01:24 PM PDT
J. Kubat says:
They've officially announced the release date and info on what DLC will be included: http://www.ign.com/wikis/mass-effect-trilogy

December 4th is accurate, but what I'm annoyed about is that both DLC's will NOT be included for ME1. We get Bringing Down the Sky, but not Pinnacle Station. ME2 gets all good story DLC with the exception of Arrival and a couple weapons/appearance packs. ME3 gets NOTHING. No From Ashes, no Leviathan, no Omega. The Extended Cut ending is not included either, but that's not really a problem since it's free.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 2:51:30 AM PDT
Waldo says:
Sale at Newegg.com again $12 off all Pre-orders $49.99 & Up

Enter Promo Code: EMCJJNH48 at checkout!!!! Exp 11/04/12

Enjoy, in case anyone missed anything the other 4 or 5 times Newegg had this! ;)~

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 10:53:54 PM PDT
Looks like the real reason was that they had to pretty much remake ME1 for PS3.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 11:04:40 PM PDT
Waldo says:
Yup, thats what they said on their blog, they just couldn't cut and paste it. They said it will look 10 times better than the PC and Xbox version! :)
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  15
Total posts:  28
Initial post:  Sep 26, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Mass Effect Trilogy - Playstation 3
Mass Effect Trilogy - Playstation 3 by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 3)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (297)