Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Let It Be (1990) forum

Yet another call for the Let It Be DVD...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 20, 2009 1:01:04 PM PDT
B. Dobie says:
OK, so we've seen Let It Be....Naked and we've now seen the original album remastered and rereleased. Is the time right for the movie to come to DVD? I say yes.

I've heard all the arguments why it hasn't been released, so no need to rehash them. But the question remains, isn't the legacy of The Beatles established well enough that any so-called old arguments can't really hurt their image? People KNOW the story of Let It Be already.

Posted on Oct 22, 2009 1:45:42 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 24, 2009 12:54:46 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2009 9:11:57 PM PST
DKPete says:
B. Dobie, I agree 100%..this whole thing with Paul being too upset by it's release because it brings back too many bad memories...for HIM...such a load of...!! That footage is an essential part of Beatles history..if nothing else, that rooftop sequence shows us what Ringo said all along in Anthology...despite anything that went down between them in terms of all that personal garbage, when it came to being a good band, putting the music first, they were always at the top of the game...and it WOULD be nice if they reenstated that beautiful Get Back book which appeared in the Let It Be box in Canada and Britain. "They" missed the boat on a really nice re-package with Let It Be...Naked..maybe they can include the book even, say, with a deluxe version of the DVD. Keep dreaming says I to myself.

Posted on May 12, 2010 2:58:09 PM PDT
Why doesn't he just have them cut out the tense scenes and the boring scenes and replace them with more footage, like them playing older Beatles songs or whatever joking around they did that we haven't seen. There's plenty to choose from.

Put a ton of bonus footage on too in the Extra Features. Then release a LIVE compilation DVD with the full Shea film and Ed Sullivan 1965 and other great stuff.

Posted on May 12, 2010 2:58:47 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 12, 2010 2:59:01 PM PDT]

Posted on May 12, 2010 2:59:09 PM PDT
Oh and they need to do the same for Magical Mystery Tour

Posted on Jul 3, 2010 5:28:06 PM PDT
I sure hope it is not up to just Paul and maybe Yoko to give the GO on a LIB dvd. I understand Paul may have bad memories of this event and Yoko may also seeing how bad John looked during these sessions. Paul you owe it to your fans, to the Beatles fans to get this released done so we can all drop another 20 bucks a pop into your already buldging bank account. i feel I have earned the right to spend more on a band who had been split up for 40 years. I have been buying Beatles for about 40 years and do not plan on stopping anytime soon. I have bought every one of your releases, John's stuff, George and Ringo got most if not all so many of us will gladly add one more to our collection. Just like you did with LIB...naked you can edit, add and replace scenes where you see fit to make it a much more enjoyable viewing if you must. So please just do it. Oh yea as for Magical Mystery Tour, as strange as it was we'll take that one also.

Posted on Jul 4, 2010 6:16:07 AM PDT
DKPete says:
The only editing should be to add scenes not delete any.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 4, 2010 5:46:29 PM PDT
DK you are right. I would never want them to delete anything but if it gets Paul to Ok a release... We know there is a lot of footage that they can add to the film or to the extra features. Sure would be nice to see a nice remastered legit release. I have had the old VHS for years and picked up a boot DVD a few years back.

Posted on Mar 18, 2011 7:51:41 AM PDT
MMT says:
To whoever is holding this movie up,GET OVER IT! It's been forty two years,let it go.Put the movie out.We (the fans that made the Beatles rich!) want to see the movie,no ifs ands or buts about it.SD HD We don't care.Just put it out so we can all see it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Let It Be (1990) forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Oct 20, 2009
Latest post:  Mar 18, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Let It Be [Vinyl]
Let It Be [Vinyl] by The Beatles (Vinyl - 1995)
4.3 out of 5 stars (657)