Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > My Aim Is True forum

Yet another reissue? Enough already!!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 28, 2007 8:02:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 4, 2007 10:14:01 PM PDT
Steve says:
How many times is the album going to be reissued?!? Haven't we had enough by now?!?

First, there was the original CBS Records CD issue in the 1980s (followed supposedly by a remastered version by Columbia in 1989). Then the 1993 Rykodisc reissue with the 9 bonus tracks. Then the 2001 reissue by Rhino Records with the bonus disc containing 13 tracks (including all 9 tracks on the Rykodisc reissue). Then the straight reissue on Hip-O earlier this year with the digipak packaging, and now this Deluxe Edition (which will no doubt have more tracks than the 2001 Rhino edition).

It's enough to make your head spin. And enough to make you sick considering just how greedy these record labels really are.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2007 5:32:45 PM PDT
X says:
Columbia did not issue a remaster in 1989--the original 80s CD was the only reissue of the album on that label; but, you are right, I am sick of Costello's catalog being reissued.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2007 8:10:52 PM PDT
jed clampett says:
I guess what it comes down to is if you're willing to pay for the bonus disc like with the Rhino reissues. I've bought a few of those but then found i didn't really listen to the extra tunes enough so held off buying a couple more like Kojak variety that i wanted but just couldn't justify spending 14 bucks or whatever on. I guess it's a question of choice; you don't have to buy them! That said I have spent a little time being slightly ticked off at this trend of Declan's. ---I did see a track listing of the bonus disc on this album and it does sound pretty good; oddly though i can't find it now by googling as i was able to a month ago---but $26. no way, maybe i'd spend 15 for this reissue considering the listing on the bonus disc as i remember.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2007 3:07:09 PM PDT
You're right,I'm damn sick of EC's catalog getting reissued again and again and again and....It smacks of pure greed $$$

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2007 11:41:36 AM PDT
Tim Brough says:
hey all...

No one is holding a gun to your head and demanding you buy this. I will be holding on to my Rhino issue, but I hardly fault EC for trying to find ways to get people to listen to his work.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2008 10:54:42 AM PST
I only upgraded once --- from the Columbia to the Ryko. The original material is enough for me.

Greed, of course, keeps the music business alive. Without the profit motive, none of these albums would have been made. If the record companies can get people to buy these recordings in new packaging, well, they need to make a living too, as does the artist.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  My Aim Is True forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Aug 28, 2007
Latest post:  Feb 20, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
My Aim Is True
My Aim Is True by Elvis Costello (Audio CD - 1993)
4.5 out of 5 stars (155)