Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

100%

on May 28, 2013
With gamemaker studio, I was able to create my first game. It is now in the Microsoft store for windows 8.
Also I am going to put in steam.

The coolest part of gamemaker studio, is that it is easy to make games in it. You can create a game by just 1. Create a room --> (literally -create new room)
2. Add pictures (create new sprite(a picture or series of pictures) -- smiley face or cool guy my friend made in illustrator)
-- if you want the game parts to move -- create a series of pictures of the part in each of the
different positions and then put all the pictures into that one sprite. It even has a preview mode
to let you see what it would be like.
3. Create an object to work with -- (the cool guy you want in your game, the one you made pictures of)
-- then tell the object to use the sprite
4. Now on the object create an event (literally create event -- mouse left click)
5. Drag action on the event (sprite changes or guy moves)

There are many options, you can make many different real games with this. I am a professional software developer, so I found this to be especially easy. But I really wish I had found this product a long time ago. I think this is a great app for anyone kids or adults that want to make there own game.

The second great thing about gamemaker studio, is that it has exports -- with the professional edition, you can make a game for windows (xp,vista or windows 7), windows 8 or Mac Os. You can also purchase other exports this is the cheapest way of making games for many different platforms that I have seen. There is a great config management that will let you change your app in places based on the configuration that you are using, so you can create one app and then port it to the all the different platforms.

I will add this, If you are interested in making a game for the iphone or android phone as well as windows8 phone -- just get the gamemaker studio master collection to begin with for 499 is the cheapest price, and there is no upgrade option so if you want to make games for all the platforms just get the main thing to begin with. Pair this with anime studio pro -- for your characters with animation and you now have the tools to make your own games -- you just need a few friends so you can make them faster.
My first game took me about 5 months (working part time at night after my kids were in bed) by myself to make. Think about that -- I made an entire game by myself with this thing and some drawing programs I had. This is a great product when it allows that.